Acid Fog question...

Dwarmaj

First Post
Does Acid Fog damage attended objects?

The spell states that it deals 2d6 points of acid damage to creatures and objects within it.

I was under the impression that it doesn't, but the spell just states objects which could be attended or unattended.

If the spell affects attended objects then I can see spell components, holy symbols, thief tools, healing kits, and many other items being destroyed in a single round.

It seems a bit too powerful for a 6th level spell with no save. :(

Ideas?

Dwarmaj

hong

WotC's bitch
PHB p.150: "Items surviving after a saving throw: Unless the descriptive text for the spell specifies otherwise, all items carried and worn are assumed to survive a magical attack."

Dwarmaj

First Post
That where the debate started in my group.

The descriptive text for Acid Fog specificly states that it affects objects, but it doesn't make any distiction between attended or unattended.

hong

WotC's bitch
Dwarmaj said:
That where the debate started in my group.

The descriptive text for Acid Fog specificly states that it affects objects, but it doesn't make any distiction between attended or unattended.

Neither do disintegrate and fireball. Do you play it that just because the fireball's description says that it can "set fire to combustibles and damage objects", that means a character's items get torched?

Unless the spell _specifically says it affects items carried or worn_, they survive.

Remove ads