Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

DragonSword

First Post
Hey Acquana, liking this thread. I've been checking it every day since you started, there's some great stuff. Especially like the Mario piece. Good luck with keeping this going!

Breakstone

First Post
These new pieces are terrific, Acquana! I love the Mario piece. I always wanted to run a Mario D&D game. Mario would be a paladin, Yoshi would be his special mount, Luigi would be a monk, Toad could be a rogue, etc.

Ferret

Explorer
I love the interpretations of the characters! Brilliant. I've just started playing half-life two, and chance of seeing Gorden freeman? With crowbar, if possible?

Acquana

First Post
02/09/05

Ferret said:
I love the interpretations of the characters! Brilliant. I've just started playing half-life two, and chance of seeing Gorden freeman? With crowbar, if possible?

What a brilliant idea!

02_09_05.jpg

This is Gordon Freeman, the last of an order of mages dedicated to the art of planeshifting. The symbol of his order rests on the breastplate of the ceremonial armor he was forced to don when a portal to dark worlds opened; he has dedicated himself to fighting the aberrations that entered his world, constantly shadowed by a mysterious fatespinner--a man in black robes.

Acquana

First Post
Huh? What was that noise?

Blast it all! I was late! Grrr I blame last night's insomnia ... It took me HOURS to get to sleep, despite lying there ... Thus I woke up late and had to do all my chores late.

To make up for the lateness, all of you get an extra sketch!

David Pliskin is a rogue/fighter known simply as "Snake." He's specialty is throwing knives, and for some years has been on the trail of guilds who have been making war machines that threaten the military power of nations all over his world. Beside him is his partner, Hal "Otto" Emmerich--always handy for dropping magical barriers or an "improved invisibility."

02_09_05b.jpg

Acquana

First Post
02/10/05

Ah, a sketch on time.

It's now time to introduce an NPC. The infamous Red Bandit, the Crimson Witch, the slipperiest of the splippery, Carmen Sandiego. She is a wizardress/rogue, most of her levels piled into the perfection of teleportation. Devoting most of her life to magic, she grew bored and began using her increadible prowress with teleportation for greater and greater challenges--specifically theft. As her power grew, she took over a large thieves guild and now has a small army of henchmen, each of them well-trained in her art.

02_10_05.jpg

Aristotle

First Post
I like your lines. You have a particularly good way with faces (an area I struggle with). I'll definately be keeping an eye on this thread.

A few of the tighter pieces look good enough to see print in the PDF circuit. I don't know if you've already been published or not... just an observation. :EDIT: I just saw your .sig, you do freelance already. :)

Acquana

First Post
02/11/05

Alright, tomorrow I'll be done with my weekly assignment and can return to regular requests!

Thanks for the replies, people, keep 'em coming!

Today, Rock the inevitable fights for everlasting peace--along with his human ally Dr. Light and his sister Roll, in order to stop the evil construct/golem maker, Dr. Wily!

02_11_05.jpg

This Dr. Light has shown me that obviously I need to work on my aging, overweight men.

Bobitron

Explorer
Jessica, I had a chance to check out your website, and I'm really impressed. I like your modern stuff a bunch. Keep up the good work!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases