Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Ah, screw it. I might as well lead by example.

Jess, I have a game master, Tom Jones, whom I want to get a gift for March Fo(u)rth for GMs Day. I'd like to commission you to illustrate his character from my last game. I need it done by March 2nd, and it doesn't need to be colored or inked, just very cleanly penciled. Pencil fits the guy's style better, since he always tended to make things up as he went along.

The character is named Rantle, or more appropriately now Lord Rantle of Innenotdar. He's a human warrior, but most people think he's a bard because he sings. Yes, Tom Jones played a singing character. Great, huh?

Rantle is one of those classic Aragorn-esque heroes at first glance -- tall, commanding, strong but not beefy, a little sneaky, dates a beautiful Elfwoman who eventually became his wife. But he actually is quite the charming rogue, and before he fell in love with the lady Shalosha, he was renowned for playing the field. In combat he'll shout commands and encouragement, but he's just as likely to spit out an insult at something stupid his foe is doing. Imagine if Gambit played Aragorn.

Mid-length hair, a short mustache-goatee that shows off his smile, charming eyes. This is a glamour shot, so he should be wearing light armor with a dramatic cloak -- the armor should be visible just enough that you know it's there, but not so much that it looks like he's ready to fight. Of course, his most signature item is his sword, the Dream Sword of Innenotdar. It is a wooden greatsword, and though the edges of the blade are smooth and sharp, the flat of the blade has that wonderful rough wood-carving look to it. The blade is flaming, providing dramatic lighting.

But that's not all. Rantle needs to be accompanied by the woman he loves, the beautiful, Shalosha. She is beautiful in the classical Elvish way, thin with a large chest, silver blonde hair that cascades across her shoulders, and blue, magical eyes. Her face is angular but still enchanting. She is a warrior and a mage, and so she should have a slender longsword that glows halfway to being a light saber, and long robes like a well-endowed, better color-coordinated Lina Inverse.

Two poses are possible. The first would be a simple standing side by side, perhaps posing, Rantle with his arm around Shalosha. The other, more fun, would be their first kiss. She's stabbing him through the belly with her longsword, and he is leaning in close for a kiss before he passes out. Though she wanted to kill him at the time, Shalosha admired his dedication, and later began to fall for him. Romantic, huh?

How does $50 sound?

Acquana

First Post
02/23/05

I wasn't wholly in the mood to draw, but I did anyway. Turning around to figure out what I was doing to draw, I saw my cat sitting perfectly still. Naturally this didn't last long, but Remy was kind enough to allow me the less than a minute it takes to get down basic form. This is one of the skills one learns in life drawing classes.

02_23_05.jpg

And for those of you curious, I did accept Rangerwickett's commission. That will have to be done soon.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Acquana said:
I want everyone to take note, because this is really all I actually need for a request. The other stuff is cool, especially since you want to explain things to others reading ... But if you put everything you want drawn in a nice little paragraph instead of it being lost in details it helps.

Ok, how's this for a "slightly" simpler description? :D

Garth Tigerstorm
Classes: 10th level ranger, 6th level justiciar

Description: Garth Tigerstorm is an imposing man for his age (58), He stands 6 feet 3 inches tall and is stronger than most men half his age. He is never without his arms and armor, as well as anything else he considers essentials. He always keeps his gear immaculately clean and well organized. Everything has its place, whether it is his magical longsword, at his side, or his elixir of truth, carefully wrapped and stowed within his backpack. His less essential gear is stored in the saddlebags of holding on his mount. He can be obsessive about it, but when combat erupts, all such thoughts empty from his mind. He is too focused for his slight obsession to become pathological. Garth prefers natural earth tones for his garments but does have less martial attire for the annual events he is forced to endure, in order to keep his title as the Justiciar of the Eastern Shores.

Signature Equipment: +1 disarming dagger, +3 axiomatic orcbane longsword, +3 chain shirt, amulet of mighty fists (+2), bracers of armor (+2), candle of truth, dimensional shackles, elixir of truth, gloves of swimming and climbing, periapt of wound closure, ring of protection (+3), and his mount/animal companion, Hindle -- heavy warhorse w/ +2 padded barding, feed bag, horseshoes of speed, saddlebags of holding, bit & bridle, and military saddle.

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
No Drawing For You

-_-

I'm feeling REALLY crappy tonight. And last night. So no drawings. Possibly tomorrow, if I'm not PMSing as bad. Let's see you argue with THAT.

grrrrr

Acquana

First Post
02/25 - 02/27/05

Well. No like extra drawings to make up for the days absent, but drawings nonetheless.

punkorange said:
There are a set of elven twins, an elven cleric, and a wood elf fighter.
The male has silvery white hair with a dual wields a long swords and a short sword. He also wears mithril banded mail. His long swords is an ancestrial sword with elven runes along the blade and the ability to flame. He is a fighter with one level of sorcerer. His familiar is a hawk.
His sister has white hair as well, she wears a white cloak with mithril chain under it. Her primary weapon is a bow, the ancestrial sister weapon to her brother's sword, except it can shock rather than flame. She also has a short sword. She is a rogue, with one level in sorceress. Her familiar is a serpent that is normally wrapped around her arm, shoulder, or neck.
They both have red dragon blood in them, but if it is apparent at all, it is only vaguely in the sister.

Here ya go. And uh ... please don't pester. It's kinda rude to push someone you don't know offering you a gift. Believe me, I'll get to 'em.

02_25_05.jpg

This is none other than Samantha the Red! Her adventures are epic and adorable. Beside her are her allies, the Rainbow Cat, and the Egg Wizard.

02_26_05.jpg

And the last one is another of the Mutants and Masterminds group I'm in: Johnny Ray Lightfoot; an unmasked superhero speedster.

02_27_05.jpg

Clueless

Webmonkey
Wow! I just got directed to this from the Samantha the Red thread - and that's *utterly* darling for a sketch of her too. :) Georgous work! I'd beg for artsies getting tossed my way but I'm sure there's a *line* in front of me. Wonderful stuff - technique question - do you ink these before scanning them in?

Remove ads