Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Acquana

First Post
Edited 08/04/05

So hello all. I've been at this for nearly 8 months, and kept up the Drawing a Day for nearly 6. Fortunately and unfortunately, things have changed in my life since about mid-March of this year which has made it increasingly harder to keep up this thread.

But fear not! This by no means bodes ill for the Acquana Art Thread. I will still be posting every week or so, concepts from various things I'm working on, characters from the games I'm in, all that kinda cool stuff that I give permission for others to use in games ... But I won't really be taking requests anymore. I know it was a bit few and far between to begin with, but now it will be EXTREMELY rare. Quite honestly, I just don't have the time to devote to non-comission requests. As always, I am open for commissions! I am a struggling artist with difficulty paying my bills and a lot of projects on my plate that I can only pray will pan out, and seeing someone willing to actually help me out for my trouble is ... well, it feels really darn good. So if you care to get that special something drawn, drop me a line, lemme know what you want, I'll be happy to help ya out!

And for those of you here just to see what's new, I guarantee, I won't keep you out of the loop. I've got a lot of projects ahead of me and I'll keep you all updated as much as I can. Believe me, the best is yet to come!

The first post from the Drawing a Day thread: Elemental Mages

Attachments

• WindDance.jpg
    WindDance.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 608
  • ALiftFromVidania.jpg
    ALiftFromVidania.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 531
  • BerendtHunter.jpg
    BerendtHunter.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
01/29/05

Bah! The system was down, yo. But here is yesterday's. In the last game I was in ran by Rangerwickett. I played a half-Minotaur barbarian/cleric by the name of Sabri Zeldathane. Here she is with her half-sister Haben. It's rare that one sees female minotaurs drawn, and usually when they are ... for some reason people are at a loss as to how to draw the bodies. Answer: the less sexy to a human you make them, the better they look.

01_29_05.jpg

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
01/30/05

This is Quilathe, one of Rangerwickett's NPCs.

This one come out soley when I started drawing the hair. mmmmmmmm hair

01_30_05.jpg

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Acquana said:
It's rare that one sees female minotaurs drawn, and usually when they are ... for some reason people are at a loss as to how to draw the bodies. Answer: the less sexy to a human you make them, the better they look.

Tailoring for the udders can get tricky.

I really like this last picture you posted. Nice work.

Yay! I've got fan-art! *does a happy dance*

Jessie, I stand by my opinion that you're drawing heads that are too big, or legs that are too short. Your design is great, but a few small things are off with their proportions. It might make you happy to know that I was more thrilled to see Sabri than Quillathe. I mean, sure, on one hand we have a possibly lesbian dark Elf bondage queen -- which is good, if you're into that sort of thing -- but on the other hand we have a truly unique young lady who was probably a more sympathetic character than anyone else in any of the games I've run. Plus, she had a whuppin' stick.

Jessie, keep up the work. I'll match you a section of novel for each day of art you do. Deal?

Oh, and P.S., Minotaurs don't have udders. They get a little frustrated when humans make that joke.

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
And now your minotaur are called Geidon. ^_^

Hey! A deal's a deal, my friend!

And the Quilathe is a bit of an apology for making fun of her. ^_~

Acquana

First Post
01/31/05

RangerWickett said:
It might make you happy to know that I was more thrilled to see Sabri than Quillathe. I mean, sure, on one hand we have a possibly lesbian dark Elf bondage queen -- which is good, if you're into that sort of thing -- but on the other hand we have a truly unique young lady who was probably a more sympathetic character than anyone else in any of the games I've run. Plus, she had a whuppin' stick.

Awwww, I am so flattered! And because I am, everyone gets to see Sabri with her whoopin' stick. It's a redo of the first drawing I did of her.

01_31_05.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases