[Actual Play] Chronicles of the Perilous Lands

Henry

Autoexreginated
Alamar uncertainly picks his way forward, a little hesitantly. Definitely not like the professionalism of the Primacy's recruiters. I still remember the flame-emblazoned banners, calling for a life of adventure... Alamar smiles and remarks, "Onward, Friends, one doesn't keep a soldier forced to do paperwork waiting..."

tumblingdice

First Post
Knute, prompted by Alamar's initiative, steps forward too. "Maybe we'll have to fight somebody as a test."

OC: I hope Knute doesn't end up on a bench marked Group W.

("KID, HAVE YOU REHABILITATED YOURSELF?")

A little Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant pre-Thanksgiving humor for you. :)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
When you reach the front of the slow-moving line, the bearded giant behind the small table looks up from his ledger and, with the eye that isn't covered by a patch, gives you a quick once over. He licks his thumb and turns a page in the ledger as he introduces himself, "My name's Brom. You can call me Mister Brom. Once I enter your names in this ledger, you'll be assigned a patrol route. If you can deal with that for a week and come back to me with orderly reports that prove you haven't been off dangling your feet in the Choha — then we can talk about promoting you to serve as proper soldiers. Any questions?"

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Brom furrows his brow in response. "Do you mean "No" you don't have any questions — or "No" you don't want the job? Before you answer, you should know that we'll outfit your crew with horses and that you'll be paid eight gold sovereigns each for your trouble. Also, should 'ya find anything of value when you're out in the hills, you keep it." With a wink and a smile, he adds, "Provided that you forget to mention it in your report."

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Brom replies, "The horses are at the city stable, near the West gate. As for your patrol duties. . . it looks like you have three options." Brom turns another page in the ledger and continues, "First, we need somebody to patrol an area about forty miles North of the city. The Mining Guild is surveying that particular stretch of hills and needs some extra protection while they're working. Second, we need somebody to patrol the main trade road immediately to the West of the city. We haven't had any trouble there yet, but we'd like to be prepared given the recent increase in goblin sightings. Finally, we need somebody to go check on a Guild encampment about ten leagues Northwest of the city. Last we heard, there were some goblins milling about and our Guild contact wasn't pleased with the situation. What do you feel up to, lads?"

Remove ads