D&D 1E AD&D 1E Players Handbook In PDF

The AD&D 1st Edition Players Handbook has just his DnDClassics - which means that you can now buy it in PDF format. Originally published in 1978, with an iconic cover by Dave Trampier, the book is 128 pages and available for $9.99.

The AD&D 1st Edition Players Handbook has just his DnDClassics - which means that you can now buy it in PDF format. Originally published in 1978, with an iconic cover by Dave Trampier, the book is 128 pages and available for $9.99.

Grab it right here!

The 1st Edition Player's Handbook is back!

No more searching through stacks of books and magazines to find out what you need to know. The Player's Handbook puts it all at your fingertips, including: All recommended character classes: Fighters, Paladins, Rangers, Magic-Users, and more.

Character Races: Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Humans, and more.
Character Level Statistics.
Equipment lists with costs.
Spell listings by level and descriptions of effects (including many new spells!).

As a dungeon adventurer or Dungeon Master, you will find the contents of this book to be what you have been waiting for. All useful material is now compiled under one cover, especially for players!

17003.jpg

Here's the iconic original cover:

PHBCover.gif

Although I'm personally fond of this one:

phb1sted.jpg

graves3141

First Post
I'd be interested in a digital copy of S1-4 Dungeons of Dread and maybe even A0-4 Against the Slave Lords too. It's good to see the 1E PHB available again in electronic format... I wonder how much longer before we see the DMG and MM too? A week? A month?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I'd be interested in a digital copy of S1-4 Dungeons of Dread and maybe even A0-4 Against the Slave Lords too. It's good to see the 1E PHB available again in electronic format... I wonder how much longer before we see the DMG and MM too? A week? A month?
If the release of the 3.5 core books is any indication, we'll get the next two 1e core books in PDF over the next two weeks.

Ranes

Adventurer
I want everything everyone else seems to want. But I also want the 3.0 books and something tells me not to hold my breath.

graves3141

First Post
I want everything everyone else seems to want. But I also want the 3.0 books and something tells me not to hold my breath.

I doubt we will see the 3.0 books as well. I also doubt we will see the 1989 versions of the 2E PHB or DMG anytime soon either but those books are probably slightly more likely to show up eventually.

I'll again say that I don't understand why it's taking so long to get the pdf's up for sale... there are already excerpts of the reprint books in pdf format on the WotC site, doesn't that mean that they have the whole book in pdf format ready to go somewhere? Maybe not, I'm not an IT person or anything, but it sounds logical.

I doubt we will see the 3.0 books as well. I also doubt we will see the 1989 versions of the 2E PHB or DMG anytime soon either but those books are probably slightly more likely to show up eventually.

I'll again say that I don't understand why it's taking so long to get the pdf's up for sale... there are already excerpts of the reprint books in pdf format on the WotC site, doesn't that mean that they have the whole book in pdf format ready to go somewhere? Maybe not, I'm not an IT person or anything, but it sounds logical.
It is probably a marketing decision; probably that people buy more .pdfs if they're released slowly.

Torg Smith

First Post
They have said they plan to release the entire back catalog in PDF. I fully expect them to release the 3.0 books. I just suspect it will be close to the end when they do.

As far as 5.0, I think they will eventually release them as PDF. I just think it will be a while.

Torg Smith

First Post
It is not a scan. It is a PDF generated from the software they used to make the books they released as a reprint. As far as errors, I suspect they are the same ones that were in the books WotC reprinted. I am happy with it.

Ranes

Adventurer
They have said they plan to release the entire back catalog in PDF. I fully expect them to release the 3.0 books. I just suspect it will be close to the end when they do.

As far as 5.0, I think they will eventually release them as PDF. I just think it will be a while.

The entire back catalogue? Wow! I must have missed that announcement. That's brilliant. I don't mind 3.0 being left till last but, given its significance, I didn't want it to be forgotten either.

Thanks for the info.

Remove ads

Remove ads