AD&D 3?? Perhaps some can help me find this

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I ran a campaign back when I first found your mashup rules. I still have the PHB but I have lost the other PDF. These were the version before you added in some 5e stuff like proficiency bonus. Do you still have those older versions anywhere?

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
PM me your email address and I'll send you a link to the old files (if I can find them). To be honest, the new rules are pretty much the same BUT bonuses to skills/checks got scaled back a bit.
The old rules proficiency gave you a +1 bonus/level to skills and checks (while non-proficiency gave you a +1/2 levels). With the new rules the math was scaled back and proficiency gives you a +1 bonus/2 levels (while -non-proficiency gives you a +1/4 levels). It makes to game run a little more smoothly due to less number crunching.

Desrimal

Explorer
Thanks for your answer. I'll probably advance players through the levels a little faster compared to AD&D (but slower than 5e). I'm thinking, that this might even out the problem regarding to much gold. If not, it should be easy enough to adjust ad hoc.

BTW: I'm starting a campaign with a friend, that I used to play AD&D 2e with and our teenage kids (I just played through Baldur's Gate Enhanced and now I'm all worked up about how great AD&D used to be :))

Remove ads