D&D General AD&D PHB, DMG, and MM tribute covers for Castle and Crusades books

darjr

I crit!
Castle and Crusades commissioned tribute covers of the classic AD&D PHB, DMG, and MM book covers.

From artist Jason Walton.
Players Handbook

Players Handbook.jpeg
Tribute PHB.jpeg

Dungeon Masters Guide and CC's Castle Keepers Guide
DMG.jpeg
Tribute DMG.jpeg

Monster Manual
Monster Manual.jpeg
Tribute Monster Manual.jpeg

Also I didn't know that the CC Players Handbook and Monsters & Treasures books older editions were free.

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
I never realized that original 3 had wraparound covers. I'd bought the alt art 1E books (being in the south, the efreet looked too demonic which would have caused no end of trouble for me).

They all look amazing, but I am disappointed the lizard men were replaced with alligators. I am impressed with the addition of the tarrasque in the background on the MM, though.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Oh wow, seeing those images like this, even if I havent played those past editions, makes me think that this is a huge missed opportunity for WotC for their 50th anniversary reprint.

Castle and Crusades commissioned tribute covers of the classic AD&D PHB, DMG, and MM book covers.

From artist Jason Walton.
Players Handbook

View attachment 146904View attachment 146905

Dungeon Masters Guide and CC's Castle Keepers Guide
View attachment 146906View attachment 146907

Monster Manual
View attachment 146908View attachment 146909

Also I didn't know that the CC Players Handbook and Monsters & Treasures books older editions were free.

Interesting mix of Nostalgia and a huge improvement in quality, the C&C art is absolutely gorgeous.

Remove ads