[Adamant] FAR WEST Kickstarter Launched

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'd just add that we have seen this sort of thing many times before with this project. Who knows, this may be a sign we'll get Winds of Winter or Doors of Stone someday. I'm not counting on any of this actually hitting release unless they fit into Brandon Sanderson's schedule someday.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I'd just add that we have seen this sort of thing many times before with this project. Who knows, this may be a sign we'll get Winds of Winter or Doors of Stone someday. I'm not counting on any of this actually hitting release unless they fit into Brandon Sanderson's schedule someday.
Sure, but this is the first time he's Tweeted about it in a while, maybe even a year! I would have thought he'd just completely forgotten about it by now!

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Maybe he’s forgotten that he’d forgotten?
I mean, at this point he might as well. It doesn't matter if he produce the Sistine Chapel Ceiling of RPG products and sent them to backers, to be personally delivered by hot, bikini-clad gunslingers, it's been eleven years. More likely, it'll be Duke Nukem Forever levels of cringe.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I made this suggestion years ago, here is how to resolve this Kickstarter.

Take all the materials on it and give it to another author to compile, edit and then release it. I am sure there are people willing to do this. Put it out and then quietly step away from the industry. I think that's the best solution for getting this project done.

If not that, publicly apologize, refund what is humanly possible to refund, and then go on with life.

Remove ads