• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adaption of 'Demonweb Pits' (SPOILERS)

Shadowdancer

First Post
I recently played part one of the RPGA adapted version of Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. Our group had a lot of fun, but upon receiving our ARs, we were all a little puzzled as to why the main focus of part one was tracking down some weapons we aren't going to able to use in the future parts of the adventure.

We gained access to the weapons, but the high cost (50,000+ gp for the bow, 100,000+ gp for the sword) prevents anyone in the group from buying them.

I've played other WOTC adventures adapted for RPGA use in which a key item, such as a weapon, was given to one player at the table for use in future adventures, since it was key to those future adventures. But not this time, and it seems these two items are key to our future success.

Festivus

First Post
Can't you buy them later when you have a little more, as long as it wasn't too many ARs past (or is it just one). Sorry, memory fuzzy. I do recall getting a special cert for a template from one adventure, but that was a GenCon special.

NiTessine

Explorer
Festivus said:
Can't you buy them later when you have a little more, as long as it wasn't too many ARs past (or is it just one). Sorry, memory fuzzy. I do recall getting a special cert for a template from one adventure, but that was a GenCon special.
Theoretically, but only theoretically. Those prices are ridiculously high for a Living Greyhawk character, who at the levels of Expedition to the Demonweb Pits will be lagging pretty well behind the gold curve. It's theoretically possible to have 50K at level 10, but in practice it'd mean you haven't bought anything in the last six levels. As for 100K... forget it.

Also, if the weapons are needed to complete the whole adventure, they probably have to be bought in the third module, at the latest.

Remove ads