D&D 5E Adding a line to Dual Wielder feat...

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Also wanted to add. you may consider giving the drawing 2 weapons at same time and sheathing them part of the feat to the rogue for free. I personally think it's garbage taking a feat just to dual wield how I should already be able to.

No bonus damage but it may free his character if feeling the feat is required and allow him to take something more interesting.

FrogReaver

Your idea won't break the game though. It will be very strong at lower levels. Once level 10 is there it will barely be noticeable.

FrogReaver

So basiacally make sure you understand why he is taking the feat. Is it something he wants or feels he needs for flavor?

LapBandit

First Post
Dual wielding really starts to suffer at 5th level. The feat shores it up but it does nothing to increase the power or decrease the cost of doing it.

At my table:
You can draw two Light weapons as part of your movement.
Two Weapon Fighting Style allows you to add your ability modifier to your off-hand AND allows you to wield non-Light weapons.
Dual Wielder Feat allows you make your off-hand attack part of your Attack action and when you hit with an Opportunity Attack you can roll the damage of both weapons.

WarpedAcorn

First Post
Dual wielding really starts to suffer at 5th level. The feat shores it up but it does nothing to increase the power or decrease the cost of doing it.

At my table:
You can draw two Light weapons as part of your movement.
Two Weapon Fighting Style allows you to add your ability modifier to your off-hand AND allows you to wield non-Light weapons.
Dual Wielder Feat allows you make your off-hand attack part of your Attack action and when you hit with an Opportunity Attack you can roll the damage of both weapons.

I like this interpretation. I might steal it. =)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm also a proponent of "feature exchanges" rather than level-dip multiclassing.

If a player wants a single class feature from a different class... I'm always happy to swap out one of their regular class features they would have gotten for it instead. I find that much more elegant than making them multiclass and get a whole heap of features from the other class they might not have wanted, all to just get that single class feature.

So as [MENTION=6795602]FrogReaver[/MENTION] said above... swapping out 1d6 of Sneak Attack or Expertise or some other Rogue feature to get the Two-Weapon Fighting Style instead is my own personal feeling as the best way to go.

Yardiff

Adventurer
He's better off taking the Mobile feat instead and just dual-wielding shortswords without the Dual Wielder feat.

Mobile feat is nice and I was going to take it as well.

My opinion is two-weapon fighting is pretty poor in 5e for any class but fighter or ranger and not all that great for those classes.

Still I'll stick with it for a few and maybe take 5 lv of EK and the rest AT.

Clancey

First Post

At my table:

Just a little confused on this last bit - are you saying you allow 2 attacks on opportunity attacks?

Remove ads