Pathfinder 1E Adding The Floating +2 Ability Bonus To PF1

Kaodi

Hero
Is there any reason not to do it, using basically the same rules? Take any race from the Advanced Race Guide, you can give them an extra floating +2 to any ability score they do not already have a bonus to. And it comes with much of the same benefit: every race becomes "good" at most single stat classes and better at some MAD classes; it is a nerf to humans popularity without being a nerf to their effectiveness.

At 25 pt but the craziest things you could do (for a human) would be 20 18 10 10 10 8 for straight stacking or 16 16 14 14 14 10 for straight bonus efficiency. At 15 pt buy it would be 20 14 10 10 8 8 and 16 16 14 10 10 10.

Kurviak

Explorer
Is there any reason not to do it, using basically the same rules? Take any race from the Advanced Race Guide, you can give them an extra floating +2 to any ability score they do not already have a bonus to. And it comes with much of the same benefit: every race becomes "good" at most single stat classes and better at some MAD classes; it is a nerf to humans popularity without being a nerf to their effectiveness.

At 25 pt but the craziest things you could do (for a human) would be 20 18 10 10 10 8 for straight stacking or 16 16 14 14 14 10 for straight bonus efficiency. At 15 pt buy it would be 20 14 10 10 8 8 and 16 16 14 10 10 10.

I think it’s very cool, but you are double staking to get those 20, and that is not valid according to PF2 preview rules we have so far.

Kaodi

Hero
I have been hoping for someone to start a new Pathfinder game on the PbP boards expressly so that I could suggest trying out the floating +2 bonus but new games seem to be a rare beast these days and new Pathfinder games rarer still. A bit unfortunate since it makes me interested to play something like a melee capable dwarven transmuter whose favourite spell is stonefist.

Remove ads