• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adobe Reader 7

Bobitron

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Really cool, but the computer generated voice is kinda creepy.

Haha, I hear you there. I had it read a couple pages of a book to me, it was like having Stephen Hawkings in the room reading LOTR aloud.

DragonSword

First Post
jaerdaph said:
I recently discovered this, and it's probably old news:

Go to View -> Read Aloud in Acrobat Reader 6.0 or 7.0.

Really cool, but the computer generated voice is kinda creepy.

I let the computer read the opening fiction of Louis Porter's Haven: City of Violence d20 Modern to me. Weird experience. :)
I know! I discovered it last night. Crazy! I'm waiting for the sexy female German voice to show up in Acrobat 8.0! ;)

Last edited:

Axegrrl

First Post
Old thread, I know, but I thought I'd mention...

Acro Pro v7 reportedly has the ability to enable anyone who uses Acro *Reader* to add comments to it. Somehow, you can embed something in your PDF that unlocks something in Reader, and voila -- Reader users can go wild with comments.

I haven't had time yet to figure out how to do that, but it was a major selling point when we presented it to Da Boss.

BTW -- a prof'l writer forum I'm on had a guy who worked at Adobe mention this feature. He also said that they really worked on getting the program load time down. Seems there were a *lot* of users who never upgraded to Acro Pro v6.

Axegrrl

First Post
Update:
In Acrobat Professional 7, select Comments > Enable Comments in Acrobat Reader.
(Forgive me if the wording's off a bit; I have Pro on my box at work, but not here at home.) It really does let anyone using Acrobat Reader 7 add comments to the PDF. You can export the comments to an FDF file, or to Word 2002 or later (which I haven't tried yet, as corporate is too cheap to upgrade everyone from Word 2000).

You could even use these in combination to get specific feedback from your users....

Remove ads