• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ADULT - Medical Update] Angelsboi Q & A

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Ryan, you need a support group, and friends that will stop you before you do something self-destructive. Surround yourself physically, and know we're here for you in spirit.

Be good to yourself.

JPL

Adventurer
Angelsboi said:
well the odd thing is for the few weeks ago, i became VERY self destructive after getting massivly depressed. I was doing several party drugs, out every night, wearing myself down and missing my meds.

somewhow ....

but thats all stopped when i realized I was scarred and didnt want to die. this isnt eaxactly the best thing for me to deal with.

I'm glad you've turned a corner.

But as the resident criminal defense attorney on this board, let me say please be careful with the party drugs. Medical consequences aside, you have enough to worry about without dealing with the law [and shysters like me].

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dinkeldog said:
Ryan, you need a support group, and friends that will stop you before you do something self-destructive.

Dink is hellaciously right. You sounded pretty dark in your blogs a few weeks back, and I was afraid you were looking at doing just that. But you need people close by who can support you. Seriously, do you have a group in the Atlanta area you can talk to (either connected or not to the organization who helps you with your therapy)?

Here's hoping and parying for you. Keep those MEDS UP! :)

EDIT - I'm actually praying for you, but I'll parry for you too, if need be. :)

Last edited:

Estlor

Explorer
Angelsboi said:
thats all stopped when i realized I was scarred and didnt want to die. this isnt eaxactly the best thing for me to deal with.

In an attempt to avoid getting too religious on you, I'll phrase my response like this:

Whatever higher power you may or may not believe in does love you, no matter what the hypocrites that claim to follow him/her say. If you're a good person that tries to do the right thing most of the time and tries to treat everyone with the respect you'd want, there is nothing in death that can harm you.

That said, life is a gift. Given freely, but with a purpose. Even in adversity, you're still here. It's obvious to me you still have work to do on Earth. Until you find that calling... not even AIDS can defeat you.

leeann_the_lame

First Post
Angelsboi said:
Well i started all of the process yesterday and soon all will be well.

I got my new weight (im back to 101) and my T Cells went from 10 to 70 and my viral load from, greater than 750,000+ to 9260

In another month, ill be undetectable.

I havent even been on my meds for a full month yet.

Im not out of the woods yet and darker times will be coming, im sure. But im on my way.

Great to hear! :D :D

Also - I have a bit of advice from my own (admittedly less serious) health crisis:

When people offer you favors, take them up on it. If your mom offers to visit and take care of you, let her. People offer to come over to entertain you, let them. Someone offers to shop for you, let him (or her). Let people help you. They're offering because they want to.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
leeann_the_lame said:
When people offer you favors, take them up on it. If your mom offers to visit and take care of you, let her. People offer to come over to entertain you, let them. Someone offers to shop for you, let him (or her). Let people help you. They're offering because they want to.

Excellent advice. From what I can tell, there is nothing at all "lame" about leeann.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Some Stray Advice

Now that you're feeling better, be sure to get some exercise. Soon as the doctor says it's okay, get out some. Meet folks. Take up photography or painting. That way you can look at handsome guys without feeling guilty about it. Eat healthy, sleep regular hours, and always remember that somewhere there is somebody absolutely convinced his own minor peccadillo has to be the worst thing ever to happen to humanity.

One last thing. If for any reason you do die, remember to lie down. Most folks get freaked out when they see a dead person walking around. Some silly stuff about violating the natural order or something similar.

Remove ads