• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Yeah, I'm hoping that Grigo will be humane and move it on his turn, therefore I won't be damaged by it because his initiative is before mine.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC to All Please"]
I just noticed a mistake i made last round, Grigo's attack was psychic damage and my monsters are vulnerable. In my defense Grigo did not list damage type in his post. The result don't directly matter now as Psais has killed it with or without the added damage from Grigo. I'm just gonna ask you all to please post your damage type I can't remember all the powers.[/sblock]

Psais stalks forward through the crowd of his allies, ignoring the whipping tendril of one of the aberrant horrors along his path even as it strikes him. Once at the battle line's front the deva calls out in the Voice, making the room seem to shake with power.

"Be Purged by Fire,
Be Cleansed by Ice.
Only the Purity of Sapphire,
And Ruby's Heat Will Suffice.
"

On the last syllable Psais strikes his new staff upon the ground, calling upon the magic within it. As the gem at the staff's head begins to glow a tornado of flames and blizzard like snow erupt forth, covering half the room in a torrent of intense heat and cold simultaneously.

The northernmost Pulsar drops dead and falls into the pit. The wispy blue one seems to be burned by the attack but the others the fire and the ice simply pass through without harm.

Jade shakes her head as she tries to clear it after the hit she took. Seeing the flaming orb attacking the target she was already attacking she turns to another and claws it as she tries to attack the shamans spirit. Her attack passes through the creature like through light.

The creature strikes back at Jade but she is able to shift her form and the beetles scatter out of the way of the tentacles.

Fire and Ice rain down on the creature next to Psias and it falls to the floor lifeless. The same happens to the other small green one within the holy blizzard, however there is no floor beneath it to capture it.

The wispy blue one once again stung by fire and ice flees into the darkness. From it's hidden position in the dim light beyond it lashs out at Psais damaging him but revealing itself.

[sblock=Action]
Psais moves,
Fell Taint 4 OA vs Psais Reflex (1d20+5=17) Hit 5 damage

Psais uses Invocation of Ice and Fire Pulsar 2 crit, Taint 2 hit, Taint 3 miss, Wisp 1 crit, PUlsar 1 hit
Fell Taint 2 Incorporial Form (1d20=20) Taint 2 takes no damage.
Wisp takes 11 damage, and Pulsar 1 takes 7

Jade attacks Fell Taint 1, success, except.
Fell Taint 1 Incorporial Form (1d20=12) Success, no damage.

Fell Taint 1 attacks jade,
Tendril Carress vs. Jade Reflex (1d20+5=22) 5 damage - 5 = 0

Fell taint 3 Starts it's turn, damage. Fell Taint 3 Incorporeal Form (1d20=5) Failure, it dies.
Fell taint 2 takes 2 damage, dies.
Fell tain Wisp takes 2 damage. Moves Tendril Flick + Combat Advantage (1d20+5+2=22, 1d4+3+1d6=8) Psais is bloodied.

Round 2
25 Fell Taint Drone 4;
25 Fell Taint Drone 5; Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22
22 One who Waits 25/31
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2; dead
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1; 7 damage
15 Psais 13/26 Bloodied
09 Jade 21/32 Dazed till r2i4
09 Fell Taint Drone 1;
09 Fell Taint Drone 3; Dead
08 Fell Taint Drone 2; Dead
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1; 13 damage; bloodied.
06 Eithal 33/35 <===== Your up
05 Grigo 23/28 <===== Your up
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater; 3 damage

[sblock=Spoiler]
Fell Taint Drone AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Fell Taint Wisp AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Pulsar AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Thought Eater AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Normal Map]
s-2-n2b.png

I corrected to 4e square lighting so map looks a bit different
[/sblock]

[sblock=Darkvision Map]
s-2-d2b.png

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal composes herself and swings her axe once more, only to miss. Her blade passing through the foul creature as if through a shadow.

Moving past the creature without regard for her own safety, she passes between her target and yet another. The drone pierces her mind, ripping thoughts from it as she attempts to stay standing. She lunges for her new target, but her skill seems ineffective against these nether beasts. All she can do is hope to keep them off of Jade just long enough for her to do some good.

"Jady! Kill these nayasty thin's!"

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Fell Taint Drone 4
Attack: 1d20+7 = 10 (again!?) Miss
Move: G10
Drone 4 OA 1d20+5 = 23 (Oh. Now I roll high.) vs. Reflex Hit. Eithal takes 5 damage
Action Point: Grasping Winds
Target: Drone 1
Attack: 1d20+7=10 (OK That's the third 3 in a row for Eithal! I'm getting pissed!)
Free: Mark Fell Taint Drones 1 and 4
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo concentrates on his conjured fireball, directing it out across the pit to attack the creature that struck Psais. The ball of flame engulfs the wisp, whose tentacles begin to shrivel in the intense heat.
[sblock="actions"]MINOR: maintain the flaming sphere.
MOVE: move the sphere 6 spaces to M16 (yes, conjurations can hover - I had to check.)
STANDARD: sphere attacks the bloodied Wisp. 20 vs reflex hits for 17 fire damage. If the wisp is still alive it will take 1d4+5 fire when it begins its turn.[/sblock]

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 23/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: USED
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Eithal composes herself and swings her axe once more, only to miss. Her blade passing through the foul creature as if through a shadow.

Moving past the creature without regard for her own safety, she passes between her target and yet another. The drone pierces her mind, ripping thoughts from it as she attempts to stay standing. She lunges for her new target, but her skill seems ineffective against these nether beasts. All she can do is hope to keep them off of Jade just long enough for her to do some good.

"Jady! Kill these nayasty thin's!"

Grigo concentrates on his conjured fireball, directing it out across the pit to attack the creature that struck Psais. The ball of flame engulfs the wisp, whose tentacles begin to shrivel in the intense heat.

The larger red creature releases a psychic fog which rolls out in front of him, Jade and Psais are slowed by this fog. The creature retreats into the darkness.

The creature Eithal left behind lashes out at her with it's tentacles.

[sblock=Action]

Eithal, miss, get hit, miss (Thank you for rolling that OA on yourself appriciate it.)
Grigo hits Wisp who takes 8 damage

Thought Fog, vs. Jade, Eithal, Psais (1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=25)
Jade and Psais hit, Slowed (save ends) First Failed Save, Immobilized instead of slowed (save ends)

Knotty Virtue makes OA and misses.
Spirit Fangs (1d20+6=8, 1d10+5=13)

Tendril Carress vs. Eithal (1d20+5=15) hit Reflex 5 damage.

Round 2
25 Fell Taint Drone 4;
25 Fell Taint Drone 5; Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22 <------ Your up (you have line of sight to no enemies by the way)
22 One who Waits 25/31 <---- Your up
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2; dead
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1; 7 damage
15 Psais 13/26 Bloodied Slowed (save ends) First Failed Save, Immobilized instead of slowed (save ends)
09 Jade 21/32 Slowed (save ends) First Failed Save, Immobilized instead of slowed (save ends)
09 Fell Taint Drone 1;
09 Fell Taint Drone 3; Dead
08 Fell Taint Drone 2; Dead
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1; 21 damage; bloodied.
06 Eithal 23/35
05 Grigo 23/28
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater; 3 damage

[sblock=Spoiler]
Fell Taint Drone AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Fell Taint Wisp AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Pulsar AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Thought Eater AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Normal Map]
s-2-n3.png

I corrected to 4e square lighting so map looks a bit different
[/sblock]

[sblock=Darkvision Map]
s-2-d3.png

[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Steeling his nerve, Yimayngurr rolls out of his cover and moves nearer the thick of the fray. Seeing Jade and Eithal sandwiched between two of the horrors and Jade looking somewhat out of it, he thinks I been gotta help me mates! Poor sheilas.

Yimayngurr quickly fires off two sling bullets at each drone surrounding Jade and Eithal. The first rips through the creature closest to Eithal, smashing it straight back into the howling void from whence it came. The second, fired somewhat more hastily, veers off course.

[sblock="Actions"]Move to F6.

Standard - Twin Strike versus Fell Taint Drones 1 and 4 - Rolls
Attack 1 vs Drone 1 - 21 vs AC: hit for 5 damage
Attac 2 vs Drone 4 - 9 vs AC: miss[/sblock]

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike - used, Furious Assault - used, Hunt's End

Ammo -
Javelin: 4/5
Sling: 17/20

Conditions -[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
DarwinOfMind said:
OOC: Eithal, miss, get hit, miss (Thank you for rolling that OA on yourself appriciate it.)
[sblock=OOC]No problem. Anything to do severe damage to myself while rendering my own attacks useless AND blowing an encounter power. I aim to please :p.[/sblock]

Remove ads