• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC\Jade]I don't think you get the bonus from that power without hitting a target because it's in the 'Hit' line rather than an 'Effect' line, sorry to ruin a tactical move :([/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Is there any reference anywhere as to the light radius of an everburning torch, or an ordinary torch for that matter? I can't find one.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=Light]Actually the Wizard Light cantrip is it's square and 4 from it, so one less than a torch[/sblock]

Psais reels backward, wafting through a mist that only he can perceive. Through his obscured, hazy vision he spies the creature that pulled him into this umbral realm and he strikes his staff upon the floor calling out his vengeance;
"You strike at a true servant of the divine, and must pay your dues for your transgression!"
But the thick fog clogs the deva's throat and the true power of the Voice does not come forth as he expected.
With his attention spent upon the tentacle creature, Psais turns to continue his path out of the psychic fog, but finds that he has lost his way.

The wisp falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.

Jade's mind finally cleared but now she's in slow motion. She slowly makes her way towards the tunnel and enters it

The Drone lashes out at Jade as she leaves, but it has no effect.

[sblock=Action]
Psais's attack kills Fell Taint Wisp

Fell Taint 4 OA vs. Jade (1d20+5=13) Hit, Jade is undamaged of course.

Eithal, your mark is activated by that OA And then your normal turn and then Grigo.

Round 3
25 Fell Taint Drone 4;
25 Fell Taint Drone 5; Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22
22 One who Waits 25/31
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2; dead
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1; dead
15 Psais 19/26 Immobilized (save ends)
09 Jade 21/32
09 Fell Taint Drone 1; Dead
09 Fell Taint Drone 3; Dead
08 Fell Taint Drone 2; Dead
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1; Dead
06 Eithal 24/35 <------ Your up
05 Grigo 23/28 <------- Your up
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater; 3 damage

[sblock=Spoiler]
Fell Taint Drone AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Fell Taint Wisp AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Pulsar AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Thought Eater AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock="Normal Vision Map"]
s-2-n3b.png

[/sblock]

[sblock="Darkvision Map"]
s-2-d3b.png

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Discouraged by the ineffectiveness of her attacks against these ghastly creatures, and nearly at her wits end, she swings her axe once more. This time, though, her eyes widen as the blade cuts through its mark, slicing through the center of the serpentine salad of ethereal tentacles. [sblock=Actions]Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Drone 4
Attack: 1d10+7 = 18;1d12+5=8 Finally! Something besides a 3! Oh. I see. I got the three on my damage roll. Oh wel. I'll take it.
Effect: Eithal gains 4 temp hp.

Drone 4 is dead.
I guess that's the last one. Took me long enough.

Not likely to be any treasure here, but it wouldn't hurt to look around.[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo moves forward into the room, bearing the glowing sunrod strapped to his head. Spotting the remaining thought eater, he calls forth the images of stinging, glowing fireflies that dart at the creature, harassing it.

[sblock="actions"]
MINOR: maintain sphere (will move it later)
MOVE: Grigo moves to F11.
STANDARD (if he can see the thought eater):
Illusory Ambush, 19 vs Will hits for 11 Psychic damage. Thought eater gets -2 to attacks until EOMNT.
STANDARD (if he cannot see the thought eater):
move the flaming sphere toward the nearest space he cannot see but still has line of effect (and 10' range) to... this could be, for example, a magically darkened area, or a spot just around a corner.... and see if anything yelps. Sphere speed is 6 squares.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads