• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade's changes back to her animal form and reenters the room. She pokes the body to make sure it's really dead. Once that's done she lets the others check it out and waits for the others to be ready to continue.

[sblock=OCC]1 surge spent[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 29/32 Bloodied: 16 Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 11/12
Action Points: 1

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Infernal Quills
1/1 Scattered Form
1/1 Summon Pack Wolf

-5 damage from ranged and melee attacks
Area targets are top to bottom, left to right
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
There seems to be a nook just to the north on the near side of the chasm. Eithal checks it out to see if it goes anywhere. It's so hard to tell in the dark.

[sblock=OOC]Anybody there? What about the path to the north on the near side of the chasm (columns 10 & 11)? [/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]

Everyone I'm very sorry about the way this game has been going. I'm going through alot and I keep meaning to post I just don't. It's not an excuse, only I am responcible for my posting habits, I just want to appologize to all of you.

[/sblock

The bridge is too large for Grigo's magic to repair your group turns to the passageway leading north leaving this errie room behind.

[sblock="Dungeoneering DC10"]
The passageway leads slowly down
[/sblock]

You travel through a few more twisting passages in the ancient tomb, the air is heavy with the smell of mold. Carefully marking your way as you go to avoid getting lost and unable to get back out. Past a few more turns, and offshoots and crossroads you become sure this crypt is designed to be a maze.

As your group is debating which direction to go, you hear the clatter of steel down a passage and looking you faintly see there is light around a corner down a nearby passage. Eithal makes her way down the passage and peers around discovering the light comes from below, the passage ends in a balcony overlooking a large room, the sounds of steel come from the room below.

Anyone sneaking up to peer over the overlook sees a raging battle going on in the chamber below, nearly 100 zombies and skeletons being commanded by several wizards casting spells do battle with nearly the same number of horrible tentacle creatures, many of the same beasts you fought before but also large abominations that seem to grow from the wall itself and warp space around them.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo is very curious to watch but aware that he's not good at being sneaky, so he won't get too close to the edge. He thinks both sides in this battle are horrifying, and is hoping they succeed in wiping each other out. If he had to pick a side, though, he thinks the necromancers are less disturbing than the alien monsters.

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr doesn't notice the group's slow descent further into the catacombs (Dungeoneering=9). His ears do perk up about the sound of combat though. He quietly creeps up to the balcony (Stealth=19) to observe the battle. He watches to determine which side has the upper hand, and scans the battlefield for important terrain features, traps, or escape routes (Perception=13).

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade notes the slight downward slope of the path as they make their way. Not being overly sneaky or nosey, jade stays back from the noisy battle.

OCC: auto makes Dungeoneering with minimum roll of 12.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal, curious about the sounds coming from over the ledge, risks a peek to observe the battle. When she sees the fell taints, she scrambles back to where Jade is and whispers, "Whah's it awlwayes hayave tah be thowes snakey thin's"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
As your group watches for a minute or two the horrors seem to be winning. The necromancers realize this too and send another surge of zombies into the fray before retreating themselves.

As the necromancers retreat the light in the room fades till all that remains is the crunching sound of snapping bone.

[sblock=OOC]
Grigo, where are you and your sunrod becuase it's painfully ovbious to anything that can see now[/sblock]

Remove ads