Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]Grigo got just close enough to see what was happening, but (as posted above) "not too close to the edge". Without a map, you'll have to decide what Grigo thought that meant. He tends to be too curious for his own good, so his concept of "not too close" isprobably unreasonably optimistic.[/sblock]

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 6/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: AVAILABLE
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
As darkness settles over the chamber below Psais grits his teeth, he is not eager to face those hideous creatures again. Standing at the back of the group, he grips his staff firmly and focuses his senses, expecting the attack to come from the shadows any moment.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=H.M.]Incidentally, whenever Eithal speaks I hear her voice in my head speaking not only with a southern accent but in a high-pitched falsetto. Which seems a bit weird, because Eithal is huge. Do you think there is something wrong with me? :)[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
Honestly I expected you all the see the massive overwhelming force and retreat, take the other passage. So, I'll simply make you.
[/sblock]

Your group waits a long time for the oncoming assault and which does not come, you sit alone in the narrow passage and listen to the crunching of bone until that sound stops and there is naught but silence.

Your group presses on and makes a few more turns through the dusty catacombs and is genuinely surprised when you happen upon a fresh body laying in the middle of the hall.

It's quite clear the body matches the description of the young noble, or what's left of it. It is missing a both legs and an arm, it's torso has been opened and gutted, the rats have chewed on it. But here is the goal of your quest.

Laying on the floor, alone, unguarded...

On Puget Sound

First Post
Here he is! Or what's left of him. I guess he was lucky to lose his limbs, it made him useless as a zombie. Shall I make a magical sleigh to tow him out on? It will take a few minutes but that way no one has to carry him.

[sblock="ooc"] Grigo has no sense of the dramatic, not having seen Order of the Stick, so he didn't hear the "Dun dun DUNNNN" in the background. [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"In his great hesitancy and foolishness, this one cannot help but think that whatever killed this poor unfortunate might yet be in this chamber," says One-Who-Waits softly. Without stepping too far in, he examines the floor and ceiling as well as he may, holding up his everburning torch; he then looks at the body, trying to determine the causes of its injuries.

[sblock=rolls]For general looking around: perception (1d20+11=27)

Examine body: heal (1d20+10=30)[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The body appears to have been simply torn apart roughly, but the lack of blood makes it clear that the tearing was not done in this room. In fact there is no sign of the missing limbs in this room.

One who Waits' examination of the room reveals that the room empty but that the walls have a strange clear slime on them.

Remove ads