Adventure 8 update

The adventure will be starting layout by the end of this week, as soon as the last map comes in. I'm doing one final idiot-check of the edited text now, and will upload it to the Gold Supporter forum by Friday.

In the meanwhile, here's some art. Spoilers.

[sblock]
Ingatan's Refuge, in the jungles of Elfaivar
Ingatan's Refuge - Eleni Tsami.jpg

A divine lion guardian
Ten-Headed Lion - Eleni Tsami.jpg

The abandoned city of Methia
Lance of Triegenes - Dede Putra.png

An artifact forged from the silver ring of Reida
Lost Arc of Reida - Dede Putra.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bruize

First Post
Amazing art as usual. Again, I sure hope you can make the art available as prints. That lion picture would look great in my office.

I'm more of an idiot than I expected, so checking took a while. Gold Subscribers can find the PF version in the 'in process' thread.

Here are maps!

Rumah Terakir, an eladrin ruin
I wonder what made those footprints.
Rumah-Terakir2.jpg

Temple of Ingatan, and nearby weretiger residences
The eladrin god of time gets a bum rap, but at least he didn't become a rakshasa.
TempleofIngatan2.jpg

Vigil Longis, a Clergy garrison.
In proof-reading, I discovered Thurston does not actually know Latin.
VigilLongis2.jpg

Lance of Triegenes, once the seat of power of the Clergy.
Top floor elevation, 1500 ft.
LanceOfT2.jpg

The great cartography is thanks to Devin Night.
http://immortalnights.com/tokensite/

Non-KS backers might not know this, but he also created a series of tokens for us, for use with the first adventure.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=973

Last edited:

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Couple of quick questions

Great to get my hands on the more-or-less final version.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind:

Are there any plans to involve Isobel Travers at any point in the rest of the campaign? Ie. could she show up in Elfaivar or would that spoil things?

Also, do you envision any problem using Gale to draw the PCs to Kasvarina as she does in the first draft? Was there a logistic reason for the change?

The original draft had you hop right to Kasvarina, then have to search for Bramblehome. I felt it made more sense to have Kasvarina be in hiding, but once you go there for the location of the lost arc to be something the eladrin knew. Swapping that - and putting in a bit more hostility to Kasvarina from her host - necessitated getting rid of the idea of someone 'inviting' the party.

I haven't planned anything for Isobel, because she could end up dying or going a lot of different directions. She almost certainly wouldn't be in Sentosa, but maybe she ends up in Ushanti, Kasvarina's old Ob-friendly enclave. This makes special sense if the Ob intercepted her and Andrei, then promised to get her to Elfaivar safely if he came with them.

I'm planning to keep Gale as an ally in Flint for later on. I'm not really sure how to fit her into this adventure now.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The original draft had you hop right to Kasvarina, then have to search for Bramblehome. I felt it made more sense to have Kasvarina be in hiding, but once you go there for the location of the lost arc to be something the eladrin knew. Swapping that - and putting in a bit more hostility to Kasvarina from her host - necessitated getting rid of the idea of someone 'inviting' the party.

I knew there must be a good reason: I didn't catch the change to the sequence of the search challenge. Trying to think how I can reintroduce Gale, as I had her announce her departure for Elfaivar at the end of Cauldron Born (having read the draft, heh). Think I might have her show up, sow some kind of seed in the players heads, and then fly back to Flint. Not sure how this will work: she had the Unseen Court's help to find them last time, right?

I haven't planned anything for Isobel, because she could end up dying or going a lot of different directions. She almost certainly wouldn't be in Sentosa, but maybe she ends up in Ushanti, Kasvarina's old Ob-friendly enclave. This makes special sense if the Ob intercepted her and Andrei, then promised to get her to Elfaivar safely if he came with them.

That's great. I can put her in Ushanti, then. I want my players to be thrown somewhat by the fact that Nicodemus has honoured his bargain with Andrei and taken her safely to Elfaivar.

I'm planning to keep Gale as an ally in Flint for later on. I'm not really sure how to fit her into this adventure now.

No, it's a tough one, isn't it? Perhaps I will simply have her get the ball rolling: She found Isobel (which is what she intended) and heard rumours about Kasvarina's return while she was at it - pretty much all the stuff Delft tells them. I'll probably have him teleport out to meet them, too, but after they've got the info from Gale. He can add the part about the Danoran military.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Remove ads