• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
You proceed through the tunnel in the fresco, down a passage that seems natural except for the forest painted on it. From ahead comes the scent of salt air, the far away whisper of crashing waves.

The woodland fresco continues on the cave walls in the tunnel beyond the Crystal Cave. But as you travel farther, rock formations like actual wooden trunks gradually replace the ones in the fresco. The space between the trunk like rocks grows like sunlight under the trees.

Suddenly, the cave disappears in the midst of an idyllic woodland like that painted upon the cave walls. Tall trees thrive on all sides, and beams of warm sunlight penetrate the canopy above. A worn path runs alongside the same sparkling stream that was in the cave. You stand in the centre of a wide circle of toadstools.

Behind you, the path follows a twisting corridor of trees toward the sound of crashing waves. On the path ahead, you hear voices and someone weeping.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Fascinating. Zis must be ze faerie realm..." she says to noone in particular. Sabynha perks up her keen ears toward the sounds heard up ahead, to try and discern anything she can about the weeping, before suggesting that the group investigate cautiously.
[sblock=perception roll]1d20+5=14 Crud. Passive is better. She will activate her Skald's Aura, just in case.[/sblock]
"I cannot hear very clearly, but it sounds like someone is crying up ahead; perhaps ve should investigate..."
The vistani remains alert, straining to hear better as she slowly moves in the direction of the sound.

jbear

First Post
Sabynha, whose focus is on the sound they are hearing, is able to distinguish the person crying is a female. The other voices are tiny voices, their speech has a rhyming quality to it. What is being said however is a mystery as they are too far away no matter how hard the skald strains at this distance.

Neil1889

First Post
"What do you think we should do, Sabynha?" Rain asks softly. "I can go forward, but here of all places, I think I might initially create a very bad impression if it is someone we should be dealing with."

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Zuri, Sabynha and I are at least some what of this realm. At least somewhere in our blood," he adds as he looks at Sabynha with a smile.

He was fairly certain that Gray was probably some sort of fey as well, but the idea of being alone with the ladies for even a moment led him to omit this fact.

OOC: So two of us have fey origin and two of us are half-elven. So Rain is pretty much the only one not at all related to fey creatures.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha feels bolstered and nervous from the confidence her friends are putting in her to deal with the denizens here, but there was a reason she of all people was asked by her elders to do this favour for the count, and this likely had much to do with it.

"Wat and Zuri and I should go first, but please, in case there is trouble, don't be far behind," She returned the smiles of her comrades, made sure her seams were straight, and put her best foot forward, toward the sound.

jbear

First Post
The sounds of weeping become louder as you move down the path toward a small clearing in the woods. There, an elf maiden sits in a patch of clover, sobbing into her hands. Dancing and singing around her are several short gnomes that have pale skin and red hair, as well as green hats and coats. They appear to be trying to console her, calling her "Caerwyn."

The maiden wears the garb of a Sildaine warden. When she reveals her face, it is that of ]uliana. But her hair is black instead of brown.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha is confused and nearly speechless at the sight. She regains her voice and speaks with some amount of trepidation, "J.. Juliana?"

Sabynha crouches down to make eye contact, not too close to the maiden, yet not too far either.

Remove ads