[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fracture is impervious to the buffeting waves, but seems light on his feet as he tries to keep his balance and helps others do so as well.
OOC: Auto pass Endurance. Attempt to use Acrobatics to help folks (and the boat) stay balanced and upright:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Need an Endurance for Leonard, actions for Ghorgor, and an action for Willow (the endurance is required addition to normal actions

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The rapids push the rafts at a break neck pace. Suddenly the heroes are rushing toward a low natural rock bridge. Most members of the party easily duck under but Ghorgor is not a fool; he knows that if he flattens himself to avoid the bridge, he'll likely crush everyone in the raft but fracture.

But where one might see trouble, Ghorgor sees an opportunity... for fun.

-''Wee!''

The giant leaps on top of the bridge, rushes on the other side and then jumps. He doesn't drops down on the raft. No, he knows that he'd probably sink the puny thing. He instead times his jump perfectly and drops into the water just after raft goes by, managing to grabs onto the ledge. His prodigious weight and mass then substantially slows down the small water vessel as it drags behind in the water.

-''We havin' fun or we not havin' fun? Ghorgor say we havin' fun! Hey, what if Ghorgor feet were strapped to shield? Then I glid on water and we be havin' even more insane fun!''

[sblock=Actions]
Athletic (1d20+11=15, 1d20+11=31)

Best of two; I take 31, obviously.

eh, eh, that leap was an excuse to use the 'best of two roll' power of the Goliath when rolling athletic on jump or climb. Next round I'll be dragging the raft to slow it down. Probably endurance. Also, I am no longer on the raft, just hanging to it...

Speaking of endurance; auto success on DC 10.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ghorgor does his best to hold the raft to its course but it appears to be heading right towards the wall and certain death. Selflessly, the goliath puts his body between the wall and the raft, keeping it from splintering to pieces but causing a deep wound as a piece of the wood lodges in his midsection.

Luckily, Eryto helps pry the goliath free and guide the raft back on track with Ronen & Willow spotting a few more hidden obstacles and keeping the party safe.

Fracture tumbles around, grabbing any who appear to be struggling to stay upright on the shaky raft. Willow manages to keep herself in better shape lately and Ghorgor appears to be fully recovered from his wound and acts as a rudder to guide the raft.

Up ahead the party sees that the raging rapids splits into two, one appears much faster than the other one, but perhaps that would get you out faster?

[sblock=Fast Stream]
The raft plows through the water and despite the best intentions of the party, an imperceptible rock outcropping clips the raft and makes it much more difficult to control.
OOC: Add 5 to DC of Athletics/Acrobatics. Can be repaired by Thievery
[/sblock]

[sblock=Slow Stream]
As you enjoy the smoother stream an oddity appears before you, luminous purple clouds flit across the water ahead, they seem almost alive [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
*Ghorgor takes 15 damage from the failed check.

There are two paths, fast one ups DC by 2, but reduces # of successes required by 2. Slower stream has the opposite effect.

Round 2:
9 successes, 0 failures

Ghorgor: -15hp

You all need to post a DC 10 Endurance check in addition to your skill roll each "round". Failure indicates that the battering of the raft leaves you somewhat disoriented and you suffer a cumulative -2 penalty on rolls. A DC 15 Heal check (full round action) negates this penalty for a PC.

Edit: I forgot to add, only 1 person can aid another on any skill roll. With Velmont being on vacation this week, I'll roll for him at end of round, unless someone wants an aid anotehr from his PC before they go, just let me know.
[/sblock]

Remove ads