(Adventure) A hunting trip

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Yes, your hand crossbow is loaded.
Keep in mind that the others will soon be coming up, with theor light alerting the Ogre...shall it be a Sneak Attack shot and run , shot and melee or just running, eh?
Or, will you hide...

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Aranel fires her hand crossbow, grinning with satisfaction as the bolt sinks into the Ogre's arm <8HP>.

Then, running like the very Hounds of Hell were at her heels, she bolts back down the corridor.

Telerin and Whitefang both look up, seeing some massive thing behind Aranel, rushing up the corridor after her, a great shaggy and horrid beast, it's roar
resounding up out of the depths.

<Telerin and the Wolf may act prior to the application of Initiative if they like. Aranel is running directly towards you and will move to/past in this round, the thing is some 20 beyond her, charging right for you all...>

Initiatives
Katherine Natural 20,21 total
Aranel 20
Ogre 16
Whitefang 15
Telerin 11

.....OG......
.......A......
....K..T..W.
......R........

each space between line is 5'.
Remi 4

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Katherine drops the sunrod where she stands and hurls herself to the side of the corridor. From agaisnt the wall, she aims past aranel to shoot the oncoming creature.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Apparently Remi is a bit slow on the uptake today (Init 4) and will wait to see what the Ogre does. Especially since he can't see it yet...

Telerin's eyes widened...well, that showed that. He quickly let go of Whitefang, but said quietly and quickly, "Stay close, friend. Do not go after it yet!"
He couldn't believe what he was about to do. For some reason, he feared letting the light appear, but he did it anyway. Chanting quietly too himself in the ancient Druidic language, his hand running through even more ancient motions, he focussed on the spell.

((Casting Produce Flame...if its possible to do it now, Telerin aims to throw the flame at the creature.))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: AMG, as I read Produce Flame,it is a standard actionto cast, then you can throw it on your next turn.

IC: Telerin casts Produce Flame, a bright orange fire engulfing his hand.
Whitefang waits for the creature to act...

Round One

Katherine falls sideways a bit, to allow Aranel a place to run and fires her crossbow, watching with grim satisfaction as the bolt hits the oncoming creature in the chest <6HP>.

Aranel Runs to the group, and past {ending up at their rear, as friends don't block movement}.

The Ogre Charges it's most obvious target,Telerin.
Telerin sees the entire world go into slow motion as he watches in horror as Whitefang, seeing that the Ogre plans on eviscerating his Companion, moves into harm's way to face down the charging behemoth.

<Whitefang Delayed until just before the Ogre moved>

The Ogre snarls in rage at not being able to reach the hated bringer of fire, smashing into Whitefang <14HP, bringing him to negative 1>.
The wolf flies against the east wall, lying still upon the earthy floor.

<The Ogre suffered attacks of opportunity from everyone except for Aranel, taking 18HP of damage in total, it still stands>

Telerin now acts, rage and hatred fuellng his blow, striking with the flaming fist, smasking into the Ogre <6HP fire>.

Leaping forward, Remi plunges his blade into the thing <8HP>, causing it to wail in a horrendously loud if curt bellow, then sending it crashing to the ground, dead...

The Thing indeed seems another horribly mutated Ogre, though a female one, and obviously pregnant. Lying there dying, it spasms and you all watch in sickened fascination as she begins giving birth in her death throes...
<as some animals have been known to do> In a quick outrushof fluids, a tiny (well, for an Ogre) form is expelled from her body, a mewling little thing, covered in embryonic fluid and blood, to lie upon the warm and muddy tunnel floor.

<You have a dying Wolf, so I assume that the obvious thing would be for Telerin to heal him with his remaining spell? I had despaired at the Ogre charging the only source of healing, as he would have put telerin in the negs, and thus doomed him pretty much, barring a really good heal roll, and then I remembered that Whitefang hadn't acted yet, and he could obviously see where the brute was aiming. I played a small bit of 'auto-play' with Remi's action, though I assume that he would have struck a blow at the Ogre, as it was so close and so close to death. Now, what to do with a baby Ogre...

Telerin immediatly went to Whitefang, placing his hands on the wolf and using the magic of the land, doing his best to heal his fallen friend. After a short moment, his hands still resting on the wolf's fur, Telerin turned to look at the creatures. Quietly, he spoke, "Feeding the family, it seems..."

((OOC: Whew...thank you Uriel. Actually, that's about how I would have Whitefang's personality anyway. Cure him! Cuuuuuure! :)))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
<Woohoo, Max CLW>

Telerin lays his hands upon his friend, healing him of his wounds <9HP rstored, bringing him to 8HP>.
Whitefang awakes, snarling instantly and looking about for the Ogre, then falling back a bit and whining at the scars running across his flanks <We'll leave him an impressive set of white streaks for looks if you don't mind, as hair sometimes grows back an odd color over scars,if at all. I thing a wolf with 4 white 'tiger stripes' would look cool. Either way, I don't mind>

Aranel

First Post
Aranel hurried back, panting slightly at the sprint. "Is it.,..did you-..." She had caught sight of Whitefang. "That-" Then she caught sight of the infant ogre and shuddered. "...I saw her eating...there was crying from the back..." She informed them, hand reaching for her Rapier she stepped closer. "As yet this...newborn is still innocent..." She pointed out, unwilling to harm it. "But your choices are your own..." She said pointedly to Telerin before resting a hand on his shoulder. "Wait here all, I shall return in moments..."
With that she hurried down the tunnel back to the place she had found the crying. "Hello...?" she called cautiously. "I mean no harm..."

Remove ads