Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

nerdytenor

First Post
Wait!!! Uncle Jaz shouts before the group can continue forward. Look there! He says pointing a spot on the ground. It is one of those magic whatchamacallits! Glyphs! Don't step on it or something bad will happen!

"Stay calm," Dorn says, though his own voice is less than calm. He reaches out with his hand, sensing, feeling...

"I may be able to disable it, but it is just at the limit of my power. With help, ah..." Dorn shakes his head. "I don't know... it may be beyond me."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Um, yes?" Andras replies to the voice in his head. He shakes his head and crouches by the glyph. "I might, and I do mean might, be able to take care of this."

OOC: Andras rocks an Arcana of +16, but Jax probably has better Thievery. Especially if he has a thieves' kit.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stares at the rune for a long moment, then looks at the group. THE SOLUTION IS OBVIOUS: i SQUARED. SIR EXSIXTEN KEEPS IT REAL.

OOC: There's -1 for whoever is rolling it, assuming someone is. If not, Sir Exsixten might "try to disarm it" himself.

[sblock=Thievery Assist 6]1d20+5=6[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire stares, his brow furrowed. He shakes his head in confusion. "Lemme know if I can help. This is beyond me."

OOC: +8 arcana and +5 thievery here; what's our plan?

Dekana

Explorer
Jax helpfully suggests, "Oooh, I think I've heard of these. You just have to disrupt the magic circle, and it should be safe. Like I could throw sand at it."

Uncle Jaz interrupts. "No you IDIOT! That would set it off and probably kill us! Didn't your pappy teach you anything about traps?"

Jax pauses, slightly hurt. "Uh... no? But I've learned plenty on my own." He holds up his right hand, which bears several scars. "Fine, then plan B is to cover it up. I just need a roll of paper - or maybe one of those tapestries" The thief sets his bag down and then retrieves his rope and one of his (many) springs from it.

OOC: Jax's thievery is +18, with another +2 for his thieve's tools, so I guess his roll is highest. My grand thievery plan is to tie a tapestry to a rope and throw it at the rune until it is covered up. If we miss, we can pull the rope back like a fishing line.

How's that?

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I'll roll first, then if I'm close, I guess everyone can try to aid another.1d20+18+2-1 = 31, succeeds.

Jax splices the end of his rope into four different strands and then, using straightened out springs as pins, ties the rope to each edge of one of the tapestries. The kobold beckons for everyone to stand back. Once everyone is safely out of range, he hurls the tapestry at the magic rune. With some luck, he manages to cover it up on the first try.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Moving past the rune the party travels down the musty hall and are confronted by a stone door. Perhaps this is not a good time, Uncle Jaz says while Sir ExSixTen works on the door, but have you seen cousin Dak? He asks Jax. He has not been around in months and we are getting a bit worried.

Inside the room is a magnificent sight. Each of the dozens of the solid gold crypts lining the walls is covered with precious stones. Near the center is the crypt Captian Garvyn mentioned belonging to his dead wife. Magnificent tapestries line the walls next to shelves which are filled with precious objects once belonging to the dead. The whole room seems to gleam in the torchlight, despite the thick layer of dust that coats everything. Unlike the rest of the place, everything is in perfect condition.

This, this is incredible! Uncle Jaz says, eyes gleaming with greed. To think that people had all this money and never gave me any... Um, that did not sound right....Anyway lets put that bear thing somewhere and start shoveling this stuff into bags!

Remove ads