(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
From behind the wagon, Persephone shoots again, and this time to bolt lodges in the chest of the beast. (4 hp) Knowing Zoe may be bleeding out even as the fight continues, Rinaldo desperately feints again and for a moment thinks that he has underestimated this foe, that it is smarter than he thought, but the point of his rapier finds the tender area wounded already by the pole and Seph's first lucky shot, and slides in. With a final scream, the dragon collapses. (4 hp, wyvern at -2)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone still grits her teeth in fear. They were very close to death. She reloads, moves forward, and fires once more into the wyrven carcus. "Rinaldo, can you help Zoe?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
Persephone still grits her teeth in fear. They were very close to death. She reloads, moves forward, and fires once more into the wyrven carcus. "Rinaldo, can you help Zoe?"

ooc: Rinaldo is probably aware that Zoe carries a potion of cure light wounds in addition to her wand. You would also know that she may yet suffer deadly effects from the poison.

Velmont

First Post
"Hum, honestly, I've been treating my kids when they falled, but that! Wait a second, I think she still got a potion from our first trip. I think she didn't use it."

He search for the potion and give it to her.

"Now, what they were telling for that? Sucking it? No, that was snakes... Maybe if... no, you should try something. You're the magic user. Aren't you suppose to study much? Don't you know something about poison wyvern?"

Rinaldo push Persephone to force her to do something.

OOC: With my glorious skill, anyone is better than me, well almost, you need to be very unwise.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Velmont said:
"Now, what they were telling for that? Sucking it? No, that was snakes... Maybe if... no, you should try something. You're the magic user. Aren't you suppose to study much? Don't you know something about poison wyvern?"

"The only thing to know about poison wyvern" says Zoe groggily as the potion takes effects and she regains consiousness, "Is not to get poisoned by them..." She takes the wand from her belt and activates it twice, then a third time to be sure. Seeing Rinaldo's wound, she cures him as well, then removes her healer's kit and, with the others' help, reopens the wound area where the poison was and applies some compresses. Soon she is shaking and sweating as the second wave of the effect hits her, but when it subsides she seems alright.

"See, Rinaldo? Peice of cake..." She looks utterly unconvincing and stands with some help. "Whoever that poor dead acrobat was, I think we owe her our lives... if the dragon hadn't been wounded and flightless..." She trails off as if unwilling to give voice to the idea. "Thank you, both of you. This was my idea but it was you who defeated it."

Velmont

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"See, Rinaldo? Peice of cake..." She looks utterly unconvincing and stands with some help. "Whoever that poor dead acrobat was, I think we owe her our lives... if the dragon hadn't been wounded and flightless..." She trails off as if unwilling to give voice to the idea. "Thank you, both of you. This was my idea but it was you who defeated it."

"You tell me not to play the brave when we were investigating that vinyard and we had to fight those monstrous humanoids... Now, it is me to tell you, you are outclass by dragons! So stop it now. I only hope he was alone. And don't forget, we are fugitive for now, and we must protect that lady. When I thought I was thinking it would be an easy ride. We are the second day only, and we could get kill, what four times? Adventuring may be not for me finally."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone gives Rinaldo a well-cushioned hug. "Oh, Rinaldo. You're doing a great job. Where would we be without you? Think about all the people we've already saved from these escaped circus monsters. You'd never make such a difference as a spice merchant. And Zoe, I'm so glad you're OK." She gives Zoe a hug too.

"It's very sad, really, that these circus people died. But we should get moving. I'll take all the stuff that detected as magic. They don't have any use for it anymore. I suppose we ought to bury them, but we have no shovel, and ...well, I'm not much of a digger. Last time I tried digging, I broke a nail and got dirt under the other ones. Hmmm..."

Persephone gathers the broken collars, the sack and the hats. She also claims one extending 'floatable' rod for herself. Suspecting the a magical bag might hold lots of stuff, she thrusts her hand into the sack, to see what's in there, or how deep it could go.

Velmont

First Post
"It's possible, we may have saved some life. I only wish the business was good. I just wish that my kids will see again their father." Rinaldo try to force a smile. "I think my cousin would have made a better adventurer than me." Rinaldo start to look around him. "May their souls find some rest. Let's go, I don't feel easy with all those dead around me. I know we shouldn't let them as prey to some predator, but I am not sure it would be a good idea to bury them without having a priest to lead their souls to their gods. Next town we find, let's fell a word to the local priest for there souls and body."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Zoe lets Rinaldo hold the other two rod/poles, and seems a bit pensive for the rest of the morning. When persephone reaches into the sack, the first item she removes is a set of maritime signal flags. Other items include a very long rope with a toy sheep at the end, some rubber tipped polearms, and a few extravagant wigs. The bag definitly holds more than it should, but the selection of items it currently holds is odd to say the least.

(ooc, new direction and any changes of plans, please.)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone grins at the bag. "Sweet." She pulls out one of the two identical hats.

"So shall we keep heading South?" She inspects the hat for mites or dirt. If it looks clean, she'll put it on.

Remove ads