(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Velmont

First Post
"I can't confirm they are all dead. We found many dead creature on our way. We also killed one in an house in that direction" Rinaldo points in the direction they were coming from. "A little girl and his young brother were hiding from it. And we kill a small dragon... well, small relative to dragons. But our friend have been bitten by it. Can you look at her wound?

That creature, we found it near what could have been the circus caravan, and the poor souls I talk about have good chance to be part of that circus, as they have been found next to the demolished and plundered caravan."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Yes. 'Twas a scary trip this day. But I think the danger is over. Have you any news of the world? We've been on the road for some time?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Yes. 'Twas a scary trip this day. But I think the danger is over. Have you any news of the world? We've been on the road for some time?"

"News!" The preist laughs out loud and begins unshuttering the temple's windows. "There has been no shortage of news, just difficulting deciding which news one can actually believe. The Princess has been captured twice on four different routes to Andren, is already there and never left! The king has captured three groups for the two kidnappings, two of whom he pardoned and two of which he executed to a man. A simple priest can only assume that our kingdom has more princesses than we know what to do with, complicated raods and a very strange pardoning structure!" The princess snorts back a laugh, and the priest grins up at the "halfling". "And I hate to think how many stories there will be of the last night's events." he sobers as his mindis brought back to those events. "But come, you look weary for so early in the morning. Please make yourself free of the temple, have some food, a rest or a bath if you wish. I will alert the folk of the town that life may begin again then find some strapping lads to help me with the sad business on the road."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone laughs. (bluff +8?) "Strange news indeed. One must not believe all the rumors on the wind, but instead must believe one's own ears and eyes. As for a bath, you are already answering the prayers of this tired traveler. Shall we stay a spell?" She nods eagerly at her companions.

Velmont

First Post
"A bath will be most welcome. But I will let our three ladies first. During that time, I'll prepare the food. Thank you for your hospitality."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The priest leaves and you all make yourselves comfortable. Hot food, comfortable quarters and a good bath go a great length to making up for the last few days, and when the priest returns in the late afternoon, he invites you to stay the night if you wish before continuing on your journey.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Oh, you are very kind. We would be very glad to stay. And tell us, what did you find today? Is everything OK, out there?"

OOC: Persephone would love to stay, but will listen carefully to the priest's response to try to judge if he's on to something.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The priest settles heavily into a chair. "All seems safe now, but the scene was very sad indeed. The circus folk came through on occasion, I had little to do with them unless one was injured in their work and needed my aid, but they were good hard-working folk, if uninclined to put down roots. To see them all detroyed by their own menagerie... I suppose our less charitable leaders will take this as just a reason such held beasts are unsafe, but it is a very strange thing for them to all go berserk at once." He gets up and begins moving around, putting together a light supper for the five of you. "The dragon was still there, but someone had taken its head and tail. I don't know if there might be a bounty upon such things in the capital. I can tell you, it has been an interesting few days. You and the other group of travelers, the circus coming and this disaster... I can only hope thing are boring from here on out."

If queried further about the other travellers, the priest explains that 5 mounted men were looking for a group traveling with an elven child. He had been tempted to ask if they were looking to rescue the princess, who he didn't think would be around here anywhere, but their mood had not been friendly and he had simply told them honestly that they were the first travelers in a while, and none other were expected outside the circus, and they had moved on.

Remove ads