Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Tenchuu

First Post
"If there is enough dry wood, I'm sure I could get a fire going," Halleck said, looking over the fallen for valuables.

OOC: Brenwar, if you would be so kind as to lay on Halleck?

Rapida

First Post
Brewnar prays over the wight inflicted wounds restoring some of Halleck's vitality that the creature stole. Brenwar then helps Halleck search for valuables and does his best to find dry wood to help destroy the undead permanently. "Do you think these undead reanimated after the paladins left or is there something more sinister afoot?"
OOC:
I spend a surge and Halleck gains 19 HP.

[sblock=After Combat Summary]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
PC:Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21

AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1/all

HP: 54/59 (0 THP), Bloodied: 29 , Surge Value: 15, Surges Left: 10/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (15 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +10 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (2/3 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Swift Recovery, Heroic Effort, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Unyielding Faith, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: And sorry for my confusion post. Twice in one day (also for HMG's game). Perhaps I should stop doing the summary text before my action block.

EDIT: wow, I messed this one up didn't I? I'll try to be more careful with the c/p from here on out.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
After Action Summary

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: N/A
Move: N/A
Standard: N/A

• Target:
  • Attack:
  • Damage:
[sblock=ignore]

• Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 46/50, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 6/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
Always On: Resist 2 on Ranged and Area attacks
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Canon of Avoidance, Dwarven Scale Healing, Harmonic Spellblade Boon,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log]
Adventure Summary

Notes:
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
The silver-masked girl falls to her knees after the battle, eyes squeezed tightly shut and trembling fists clenched as she struggles to slow her breathing. Eventually she succeeds, and with the help of slow, deep breaths, she carefully sheathes her dagger and relaxes her hands. Then, wincing only slightly at her minor wounds, she begins to help with the task of gathering the remains for burning. She isn't terribly good at this task; her physique is more suited for display than heavy lifting. At times she has to haggle bits off of the corpses and carry them piecemeal to the pyre, but she carries on with grim determination until every piece larger than a fingerbone is piled together.

[sblock=ooc]Porphyria will spend one surge to get back to full health, leaving her with 6/8.
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Yu gather firewood and pile all the corpses together, making a rather large pyre. Now that you have plenty of time to inspect the zone, you discover that the number of corpses is far larger, some of them twitching in a grisly mockery of life but too damaged to rise again like the handful you killed.

Soon the air is filled with the smell of charred meat.

covaithe

Explorer
Once the pyre is lit and it seems clear that no other corpses will rise to confront them just yet, the girl in the silver mask seems to recover some of her poise. She marches over to Halleck. "Halleck. You're a very charming man, but if you call me 'lover' in the middle of a fight... Well, it's kind of distracting, you know? Some of these spells are already hard to aim without hitting my friends. It would be very sad if your, um, enthusiasm were to cause an accident." Her tone is calm and matter-of-fact, but with a gentle quality to it, as if she is trying not to hurt Halleck's feelings.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Yes, I can see how thinking of being my lover would be quite distracting," he said with a smile and a toss of his long hair. "Perhaps, if you would grace me with your name, I could use that in the heat of battle. After all, how will I ever write a song to immortalize your beauty if I do not know your name."

Rapida

First Post
"Now, now Halleck I'm sure she isn't the first lady to avoid giving you her name. Are we ready to follow the trail of our lost paladins? This," he motions at the pyre, "isn't exactly a comforting sign."

Remove ads