• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

Someone

Adventurer
Sorry rb, I typed the last combat post while you included your MBA roll; I rolled for you and failed when you should have hit. Since it doesn't make any difference, I won't edit the post.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone starts after the fleeing thugs, but then he pauses for a moment, unwilling to follow them alone - obviously he is still shaken by his recent brush with death.

"Do we let them go? Enemies who live may return to harry us later."

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP12/25 Temp HP 0 , Surges 7/8

Initiative
+5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, XxThri-kreen ClawsxX, XxOpen the Gates of BattlexX, Masterful Spiral,
Special: Taken 2nd Wind
Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_(rb780nm)
[/sblock]

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones quickly retrieves his daggers, and hustles back toward Domenicos.

"Let them go," Bones suggests casually to his companions, "we may find ourselves severely outnumbered if whoever is behind this has the entire Theotocopolitan guard in his pocket. We should keep moving--on to Thogorius's house? I expect we'll find a welcoming party there. At the least, let's get off the streets and gather our wits--someplace safe--where we can talk." Bones turns to Domenicos, "Why are the Theotocopolitans trying to rub out one of their own? What did Thogorius find?"

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bones, level 1 human rogue
hp 29/29, surges 7/7; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12;
available: easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike;
expended: action point
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I'm assuming a short rest... otherwise, torturous strike is expended.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
I say we let them go. They clearly can't beat us. too tired to fully change his form, the changeling changes his hair color to a brigt green
OOC: That was purely Merc. I say someone else suggest we kill the thug and try to capture the soldier guy so we can intarigate him.
Also, for pronouns, just use the gender that I take at that moment.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone returns to the scene of the battle and begins stripping the fallen of anything of worth.

OOC: Are any still alive? We might gain some knowledge through interrogation...

Someone

Adventurer
Sound of Stone returns to the scene of the battle and begins stripping the fallen of anything of worth.

OOC: Are any still alive? We might gain some knowledge through interrogation...

Indeed, the soldier Sound of Stone bashed into the wall is still alive, though in sorry shape and barely conscious. The party discovers that the group they defeated was exceedingly well paid; apart from weapons and armor (1 crossbow, 2 halberds, 2 shortswords, and assorted daggers and clubs) they have fat purses with 80 gold pieces and 400 silver pieces. Domenicos peeks from his hiding place while you do your work.

"Have mercy" the soldier says "I'll die if you leave me here"

Fyrm

First Post
After a moment of the sound of gears and cogs, Mercurial laughs and grins. Good idea Scrapper. Hey, if you want us to help you, then you should help us too. So, if you tell us everything about why you were looking for thogorious, as well as why you were trying to hurt us, I promise I'll clean those wounds of yours.
OOC: This works as well.

Otakkun

Explorer
"Gold for new scars seems to be the a common theme here," comments Ianward as he puts away his shield and sword.

Then he looks at the thug. "You heard the man, we want answers."

Then he looks over to the rest of the party. "So, let's patch him up a little, tie him and get out of here. He can talk as we get to some place more comfortable," he adds as he takes a look at the thug's injuries.

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones picks through the daggers and tests the weight for throwing. He picks one out that he likes and finds a convenient spot to hide it in his boot. Bones takes a quick count of the coin and divides it among his companions (16 gp and 80 sp for each).

"Not bad for quick work, but we shouldn't linger." He strides over to the surviving soldier, points the bloody end of his retrieved dagger at the wound in the soldier's side, an inch or two from the torn flesh. "I'm sure you don't want me to clean that wound with this, so tell us," his eyes narrow, "who sent you?"

[sblock=Actions]
Intimidate check: 1d20 + 6 = 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bones, level 1 human rogue
hp 29/29, surges 7/7; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12;
available: easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike;
expended: action point
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Bones now carries 3 daggers instead of 2. Coin treasure updated on character sheet as well.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone nods at Ianward's suggestion. "Lead on to your friends place of residence," he suggests to Domenicos, when he emerges.

He accepts his share of the cash from Bones "Thankyou, friend. These coins that you have in this land are strange to my land, but my clutchmates and I will need these to find our way home - I fear getting back to the Granite Peak will be much harder than getting to these isles." He picks up a shortsword and glances at its poor blade. "This was the weapon of the first human I have killed. It is not my sort of weapon, but I will make a fine spear from this sometime to celebrate this victory."

"And I will kill some more humans with it."
It takes a moment, but you realize that the clattering and chattering sound emerging from his mandibles is laughter. Alien, unsettling laughter...

Last edited:

Remove ads