• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
About a half an hour later Dr. Dominiani returns. Ah, I see you have enjoyed your meal. I am glad. I was about to ask the cook to send up some rice pudding. It is known for its excellency in the region. he says proudly. Would anyone care to sample some while you relate the tale of the Crown of Soldiers to me? Perhaps afterwords there will be time for an evaluation if that person I spoke to earlier wishes it.

Did you have some trouble? he asks, looking at the axe stuck into the wolf's head.

SIR EXSIXTEN COULD USE AN AFFIRMATION OF HOW SUPER HIS EGO IS, SINCE HE'S ESSENTIALLY THE WIZARD OF ID. THERE ARE ALWAYS SOME NAYSAYERS AND DOUBTERS DUE TO THE INHERENT FALLIBILITY AND IGNORANCE OF ANYONE NOT SIR EXSIXTEN SO CERTIFICATION OF MAGNIFICENCE WOULD NOT GO AMISS. CAN SIR EXSIXTEN GET IT FRAMED?

AS FOR THE TROUBLE, he says, pulling the wolf's head off the wall and planting his foot on it as he struggles to pry his axe free from the wolf's skull, THERE HAVE BEEN VARIOUS ALTERCATIONS WITH EVERY VARIETY OF WOLF AND WOLF-ALIKE IN THE REGION IN THE LAST FEW WORLD ROTATIONS AND A RARE BURST OF PRUDENCE TRIGGERED THE ELIMINATION OF A WALL-MOUNTED ARTIFACT TRIGGERING SUBTLE SIGNS OF DISTRESS AND SUSPICION IN THE COMPANIONS. IT SEEMS TO INDUCE FAR LESS STRESS IN TWO PIECES THAN IT DID IN ONE.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I assume Jax is giving up the crown?

SIR EXSIXTEN COULD USE AN AFFIRMATION OF HOW SUPER HIS EGO IS, SINCE HE'S ESSENTIALLY THE WIZARD OF ID. THERE ARE ALWAYS SOME NAYSAYERS AND DOUBTERS DUE TO THE INHERENT FALLIBILITY AND IGNORANCE OF ANYONE NOT SIR EXSIXTEN SO CERTIFICATION OF MAGNIFICENCE WOULD NOT GO AMISS. CAN SIR EXSIXTEN GET IT FRAMED?

AS FOR THE TROUBLE, he says, pulling the wolf's head off the wall and planting his foot on it as he struggles to pry his axe free from the wolf's skull, THERE HAVE BEEN VARIOUS ALTERCATIONS WITH EVERY VARIETY OF WOLF AND WOLF-ALIKE IN THE REGION IN THE LAST FEW WORLD ROTATIONS AND A RARE BURST OF PRUDENCE TRIGGERED THE ELIMINATION OF A WALL-MOUNTED ARTIFACT TRIGGERING SUBTLE SIGNS OF DISTRESS AND SUSPICION IN THE COMPANIONS. IT SEEMS TO INDUCE FAR LESS STRESS IN TWO PIECES THAN IT DID IN ONE.
I see, very interesting, very interesting! Please sit down, I shall be back in a minute Dominiani says shuffling off. A minute later he comes back with some cards in his hand.

First I would like you to take the rorschachheim test. I will present you with various cards, please tell me what they remind you of or what you think they are.

[sblock=Card 1]
rorschach5-tm.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Card 2]
rorschach4-tm.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Card 3]
636x460design_01.jpg

[/sblock]

After waiting for Sir ExSixTen's responses he next says Now I will give you a series of words, please tell me the first thing that pops into your head:

Lizard

Chair

Dog

Boat

Food

Finally please tell me if you strongly agree, agree, are unsure, disagree or strongly disagree that the following statements apply to yourself:

Is talkative.

Tends to find fault with others .

Does a thorough job.

Has a secret persona.

Has an active imagination.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten peers over the cards for a moment before speaking. THE FIRST CARD IS QUITE CLEARLY A KILRATHI JALTHI FIGHTER WITH EXTRA SENSOR RELAYS.

THE SECOND CARD IS INSULTING! IT'S CLEARLY A PYGMY TATTER-WING DRAGONLING MOONING US WHILE LOOKING BACK THROUGH ITS LEGS AT SIR EXSIXTEN AND LAUGHING.

He raises his axe to attack, but gets distracted by the third card.

THIS ONE IS OBVIOUSLY AN EYELESS SPIKEY-HAIRED JESTER GNOME WITH FROG LEGS AND A PAIR OF AUTOMATIC WEAPONS LEVITATING IN THE AIR OVER HIS GIANT HANDS. ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING... ER, WOULD BE IF SIR EXSIXTEN EXPERIENCED FEAR!

Lizard

LASER HAT!

Chair

MOOSE!

Dog

BOAT!

Boat

STOP COPYING SIR EXSIXTEN!

Food

CATCHALL TERM FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF ORGANIC FUEL SOURCES REQUIRED BY MEATLINGS TO AVOID SLOW MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN AND EVENTUAL DISASSEMBLEMENTATION. COMPANIONS! BE SURE YOU HAVE INJECTED REQUISITE NUTRIENTS TO AVOID ORGANIC DECAY PROCESSES.

Is talkative.

<SIR EXSIXTEN DECIDES NOT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION UPON SUDDEN REALIZATION THAT PERHAPS HIS VERBAGE QUANTIFIER IS MISALIGNED AND HE HAS A LEXICON LEAK IN THE ELABORATION ELEMENTS RESULTING IN EXCESSIVE AUDIBLE PROCESSES>

Tends to find fault with others .

<LOGIC FAULT; ATTEMPT TO APPLY "FAULT" TO SIR EXSIXTEN NOT POSSIBLE, SIR EXSIXTEN INCAPABLE OF FAULT... LOGIC FAULT FAULT: FAULT NOT POSSIBLE, LOGIC FAULT NOT POSSIBLE... LOGIC FAULT FAULT FAULT... CATASTROPHIC RECURSIVE FAULT CHAIN DETECTED, ABORT!>

Does a thorough job.

SHOW SIR EXSIXTEN ONE THING HE HAS KILLED THAT ISN'T STILL DEAD!

Has a secret persona.

STRONGLY DISAGREE. STRONGLY AGREE.

Has an active imagination.

SIR EXSIXTEN PREFERS REAPPLICATION OF EXTERNAL REFERENCES TO REINFORCE INTERNAL UNIVERSE MODELS.

He looks at Dominiani. BRAIN MECHANIC, REVEAL AND CERTIFY THE FULL EXTENT OF SIR EXSIXTEN'S PHANTASMAGORIA <POSSIBLE WORD SELECTION FAILURE>

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
While Sir ExSixTen goes through the tests Dr. Dominiani makes notes. You can also see him mouthing words like "egomania", "schizophrenia" and "overreacts to threatening stimuli".

He looks at Dominiani. BRAIN MECHANIC, REVEAL AND CERTIFY THE FULL EXTENT OF SIR EXSIXTEN'S PHANTASMAGORIA <POSSIBLE WORD SELECTION FAILURE>
Thank you! You did very well! Dominiani says patting Sir ExSixTen on the arm. I will proscribe to you some herbs and other medication. If you would also stay here a few weeks I could have you undergo various treatments that will make you feel much better.

But I am getting ahead of myself, Dominiani says rubbing his eyes. Everyone must be tired. Let me show you to your rooms. He leads you outside the dining area and down the hall. As you approach the steps leading up to the room, several small spiders dash under some old boxes of clothing that lie about the floor.

A dusty spiral stairwell rises through a hole in the ceiling with no apparent end. This stairway leads to the guest room overhead. As you walk up the steps the wind from your footsteps causes little dust devils to rise up momentarily and dance briefly about before losing their energy and fading away.

Your first impression of the guest room is one of age. The air is musty, the floor covered with dust, and entire area shows every sign of disuse. There are six beds here, all draped with thick quilted blankets, and a small table. A bottle of fine brandy rests on the table with a number of snifters set out beside it. This circular chamber clearly makes up the entire upper floor of a short, stubby tower. Outside the window is a view of the tremendous rainstorm. The thunder outside is also more apparent here than it was on the ground-floor of the castle.

I am sorry for the mess, most of the people staying here are patients and they sleep in a separate area. Dominiani says. Have a pleasant nights rest. with that he closes the door.

[sblock=Perception = 25 (rolled)]
While the thunder is still rumbling outside, you can make out a click of a lock, it seems like your host has locked you in again.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn nodded towards the door. "Not too trusting of his guests, either. We're locked in again." then he began rummaging in his pack, removing his own bedroll and some spikes. He laid the bedroll out on a relatively clear section of floor, then used the spikes to seal the door from the inside.

[sblock= OOC]
>Perception check 1d20+19= 29; roll Roll Lookup

>Also, Brenn has the Watchful Rest wilderness knack, so no Perception penalties for the group while resting/sleeping. Not as much of a bonus with Sir Exsixten probably staying awake- but if he wolfs out again we won't be totally hosed.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
LOCKED IN THE TOWER YOU SAY? NO ONE IMPRISONS SIR EXSIXTEN!

With that, Sir Exsixten yanks the blankets from the bed, rips them into strips and begins fashioning a crude rope.

WE WILL BE LIKE RAPUNZEL, RAPPELLING DOWN THE TOWER FOLLOWING THE TRAIL OF BREAD CRUMBS TO ESCAPE FROM THE BIG BAD WOLF. THEN WE'LL SLAY THE DRAGON AND AWAKEN THE PRINCESS WITH A KISS!

Dekana

Explorer
Jax helps himself to the brandy. A little too much of it, in fact. After drinking most of it himself, the kobold stumbles to bed and brings the bottle with him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads