Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire's eyes widen, impressed despite himself. "Not sure you lads need my help after all... But, eh, might as well join the fun." He wades in and deftly slices across the back of the creature's arm, aiming for the tendon. "That oughta slow ye down fer a minute."

[sblock=actions]Move: to G6
Standard: Warlord's strike: CRIT for 20+5 damage, and Quagmire's allies gain +5 to damage rolls against Jaconos until end of my next turn.

See, I'd hoped to land that before anyone went nova. ;)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=covaithe]Ah well, next time! I wanted to make sure Jax was the one to bloody Jaconos since he gets an extra attack in that case.
This was probably a bad time to go nova anyway, but I was worried about those other cell doors being open.[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn took more careful aim this time, with his allies closely set around the creature. The result was much the same- only this time the arrow struck the beast in the head. Even with its unnatural healing, it was momentarily unable to focus its attention...

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: attack with Disruptive Shot (vs. AC), 1d20+15= 34 (hit for 11 damage +5 for Quagmire's power= 16 damage and enemy is dazed, save ends); roll Roll Lookup (both attack and damage include Dancing Serpent bonus)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: You guys are one-rounding an elite again! :eek:

He was level 11 too. I'm going to have to start throwing higher paragon level monsters at you! ;)

Great job by the way!

The creature crumples to the floor, unable to withstand the group's furious assault. Slowly he starts to change back. His fir starts to recede, body shortens and muzzle becomes a mouth. Soon the shape of a man is where the monster used to be.

The party heads to the door, waiting for the iron portcullises to open.

But oddly it does not. Even after some shouting there is no sign of the iron portcullises opening or of the old man.

Soon you have spent hours locked in the area, waiting. Glancing outside it appears to be sundown.

It seems like you are trapped in the cell room, at least for the time being.

GM: You are trapped in the cell block. Each cell has a window with bars, but there is no other noticeable ways into or out of the area. The iron portcullises are sturdy and cannot be opened by lock picking. It would take a great force to smash them open.

[sblock=Perception=23]
It seems like the cell in the back's window bars are a little rusty, with some work they could be loosened and removed.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
SIR EXSIXTEN HAS GREAT FORCE! CITIZENS, WATCH AS HE SMASHES RIGHT THROUGH THIS PLACE!

[sblock=Athletics 18]Athletics vs Portcullis: 1d20+9=18.[/sblock]

THIS PORTCULLIS IS MADE OF MAGICAL ANTI-HERO HELL STEEL! Sir Exsixten says as the tremendous clash and clang of him slamming into the portcullis and falling into a heap dies down.

HERE, THERE IS A SECRET DOOR! SIR EXSIXTEN WILL BREAK IT DOWN! Sir Exsixten says, picking a random wall and hurling himself headlong into it.

[sblock=Athletics 23]Athletics vs "Secret Door": 1d20+9=23.[/sblock]

OOC: Sir Exsixten would probably try to bust out after 30 minutes (if he managed to wait that long).

Luinnar

First Post
Despite Sir ExSixTen's attempts, both the iron portcullises and the "secret door" fail to give way.

GM: Everyone gets a short rest by the way :)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Jax just used all his dailies, so he won't be one-rounding anything until tomorrow. ;)

Jax falls onto his rear in exhaustion after the battle. Unfortunately, he lands right on one of the human corpses. He launches into the air in terror and almost hits his head on the ceiling. That sends him running to the corridor, where he promptly collapses instead.

Once his arms stop feeling like jelly, Jax decides he's had enough of being trapped in a cell. He goes to work on finding an exit. He first sees about picking the front door's lock, but when that proves impossible he directs his attention to one of the "windows" in a different cell.

[sblock=Perception 28]Perception 28. (1d20+11=28)

Jax will try to loosen / remove those bars.[/sblock]
The party soon hears the kobold grunting as if doing some heavy lifting.

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Dekana, please make either an Athletics (23) or an Endurance (23) check for Jax to see if he can either break out of the bars by brute strength or has enough stamina to do it slow but steady.

Remember others can use aid another if Jax needs it. :)

Dekana

Explorer
"I think I've found a way out!" Jax shouts from back cell. His statement is immediately backed up by the sound of iron scraping across a stone wall.

[sblock=Athletics 24]Athletics 24 (1d20+8=24).

Man, invisiblecastle really likes Jax. He must have got all the luck that my paladin never had.[/sblock]

Remove ads