• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure advice needed, related to Savage Tide AP

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Thank you! Yes especially since at the end of the path, you can have Orcus help you. Perhaps this way you can more "tightly" tie the PCs to Orcus instead of some other Demon prince that might want to topple Demorgogon.

(Besides undead are his speciality! ;) )

Wraith Form

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Thank you! Yes especially since at the end of the path, you can have Orcus help you. Perhaps this way you can more "tightly" tie the PCs to Orcus instead of some other Demon prince that might want to topple Demorgogon.

Hmmmmmmm....very interesting idea. Lemme stew on that for a while.... (tiny gears grind inside Wraith's brain)

And I just received Rappan Athuk Reloaded.... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wraith Form

Explorer
I edited the original post a little to help clarify things that, upon second look, are very unclear.

I'm likely gonna just write this darn thing myself, as I don't see much in the way of published adventures that 1) take place on deserted islands, 2) are for low level PCs, and 3) aren't going to be repeated in the Savage Tide AP. I was thinking of having a deserted city (a la Howard's Red Nails) in the jungle, or a group of island natives that threw pirates into a pool that made them into little, tiny dolls :p (a la Howard's The Pool of the Black Ones), but again I think that would be too much writing on my part and too challenging for my players.

I would love for my players to witness the ritual that transforms the (living) pirate crew into undead the same way LeGrasse spies on the Cthulhu cult in the Louisiana swamps in The Call of Cthulhu or ( __insert Solomon Kane story here, where Kane witnesses some horrid late-night devil ritual__ ). The trick is to have them see the horror of the ritual without pursuing the undead pirate captain and getting their gear back. (At least not yet.)

Last edited:

Nightfall

Wraith Form said:
Hmmmmmmm....very interesting idea. Lemme stew on that for a while.... (tiny gears grind inside Wraith's brain)

My pleasure. If anyone deserves to get Demorgogon's realm it's Orcus, not Graz'zt. (I mean seriously what has that little worm got that Orcus doesn't already possess?)

If you need more help or some idea on character type (class) such as maybe...death master from Dragon Compendium Vol 1, just let me know. ;)

Fat Daddy

First Post
Nightfall said:

Nightfall, this is perfect!!! Wraith, if you go with this, it will totally put your players in awe of you! I love the look on a player's face when they realize that something they need at high level was actually given to them (or foreshadowed) back at level 1 or level 2. They will think you are some kind of evil genius!!
Plus, Orcus...what's not to love??!?!

Nightfall

Fat Daddy,

You rock. I put in a good word for you for Orcus. ;) He and I are tight. :p :)

*admits some times he's so evil good it's scares even himself*

Fat Daddy

First Post
Nightfall said:
Fat Daddy,

You rock. I put in a good word for you for Orcus. ;) He and I are tight. :p :)

*admits some times he's so evil good it's scares even himself*
Thanks Nightfall,
Orcus and I didn't part on the best of terms back in 1e. He liked to beat me up a lot. :)

Wraith Form

Explorer
So the next question is, why the heck would an Orcus priest...or, err, death master...be on the island?!? ;)

If he was chasing the Revenant Pirate Capt., how did the death master know about him? The Revenant Captain has been pretty low key for the past two weeks, mostly tracking down my players' characters and being all dark-shadowy/lurky.

And why would there be an emnity between the death master and the Pirate Revenant Captain?

Last edited:

Nightfall

Maybe Orcus got wind of the Shadow Pearl thingie and is having his people check out what's the deal. He doesn't necessarily have to be after the pirate, just any knowledge he might have regarding the pearl and its possible connection to Demorgorgon.

Not all Orcus priests have to kill rape, murder, burn, make undead to be like in Orcus' favor. Just those that want to convert in Orcus' name. And if they happen to kill off Orcus' enemies, (like Demogorgon) that will certainly get him in good with Orcus too.

Fat Daddy,

Well he beats me up too. Maschoism (the spell) helps a lot. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads