Planescape Adventure Atlas: The Mortuary, on DnDBeyond and a WotC video.

Reynard

Legend
If stuff is released on multiple channels, it is unlikely all of it is released in all channels, so, to have it all, you'd have to access every channel.
So you are saying that if this book were sold as a print product, a PDF and a Beyond product it would be harder to find?
As for the first part, copy and past or print screen or whatever. Then you own it. It isn't ideal, but if that is your main concern, it is not hard to overcome at all.
This is like saying it is easy for me to save a physical copy of a book I bought on Audible by setting up a tape recorder next to my computer while it plays. It's silly.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So you are saying that if this book were sold as a print product, a PDF and a Beyond product it would be harder to find?

This is like saying it is easy for me to save a physical copy of a book I bought on Audible by setting up a tape recorder next to my computer while it plays. It's silly.
I didn't say easy, I thought I made that clear, guess not? And no, it isn't "silly". It takes some effort. But it is 100% doable. I do it. Then I own it until my hard drive crashes.

I'm saying that if they released products in all sorts of channels, and some were only in some channels, that it would be harder to own al the stuff. I don't know how to be more clear. Companies with lots and lots of channels confuse their customers. Not formats, channels. You complained about DnDBeyond, the channel.....

Reynard

Legend
I'm saying that if they released products in all sorts of channels, and some were only in some channels, that it would be harder to own al the stuff.
But that is exactly what they are doing here. Some stuff is available as a physical book. Other stuff is only available as a DNDB purchase.

Stormonu

Legend
Didn't all the Dragon+ stuff go "poof" recently?

And as to what @Zaukrie was speaking about - if something were in only ONE format - like the Dragon+ and you primarily received your D&D content through books at the bookstore, learning that Dragon+ exists and then having to figure out where to get it and into a format that you're used to using at the table is a bit of pain. If Dragon+ had been in magazine format buying it alongside the books you're used to getting would be a breeze. In the end if there's items only available in the FLGS (alt covers), on D&D Beyond (this), DM's Guild and half a dozen other places, how do you keep up with where to go?

darjr

I crit!
Teos and Shawn talk about the mortuary a bit and note they talked to Justice. He said it’s something they decided to try and see how it goes. Justice also asked them about making more for the other factions.

I’d much rather get a PDF but I’ve since purchased it largely on the strength of the article on it making an adventure in the Mortuary.

Remove ads