• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Shava can see the dragon's on its last leg, but she won't take any risks. Tondrek prooves too much of a distraction though and her targeting is off. The electricity in her eyes begins to diminish as her breathing steadies. Tondrek. . . who stands in the way of a dying dragon?

"Tondrek! Get out of the way! Big things fall hard!"

[sblock=ooc]
I think renau1g may have just done the killing stroke but, I know Shava gets to go first.

Lightning Strike 16 vs Reflex, 13 Lightning damage.

I think thats a miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Shava Devla d'Lyrandar (bloodied, prone)
Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 5
Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 12
HP 13/44, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 0/7
AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 6
AP: 0

Skills Arcana +7, Athletics +12, Diplomacy +13, Insight +9
Feats Mark of Storm, Sorcerous Blade Channeling, Sure Climber
Equipment Challenge-Seeking Dagger +2, Sylvan Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Safewing Amulet +1, Identification Papers, with Portrait, Waterskin, Sunrod (2), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail (10), Grappling Hook, Flint and Steel, Everburning Torch, Backpack (empty), Arcane Signet Ring, Ritual Book, Belt of Vim, 1 Healiing Potion
Rituals Summon Winds

Powers
Lightning Strike, Storm Walk
Guiding Strike, Thunder Slam, Thundering Gust, Sorcerous Sirocco, Storm Power Defenses, Second Wind
Howling Tempest, Thunder Leap
Full Sheet[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 15 Combat Actions:

Rohna moves up cautiously to the dragon but swings awkwardly yet again, even with the combat advantage.

[sblock=Actions]Free:
Move: to flank with tondrek, not sure where that is at this point.
Standard: Crushing Surge vs Dragon (1d20+13=17, 1d10+6=16) marking D[/sblock][sblock=Mini Rohna]Rohna AC24, HP 45/57 (Temp HP 4), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 6/15, Saves: F21/R16/W16, AP: 0/1
Powers:
Cleave
Crushing Surge
Throwing Shield

Pass Forward
Rhino Strike
Passing Attack
Stone's Endurance
Spirit's Fang

Spirit Speak
Villain's Menace
Crack the Shell[/sblock]OOC - Regen 3 to 45hp with 4thp.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Shava can see the dragon's on its last leg, but she won't take any risks. Tondrek prooves too much of a distraction though and her targeting is off. The electricity in her eyes begins to diminish as her breathing steadies. Tondrek. . . who stands in the way of a dying dragon?

"Tondrek! Get out of the way! Big things fall hard!"

Rohna moves up cautiously to the dragon but swings awkwardly yet again, even with the combat advantage.

Tamarand continues to focus his assault on the dragon, oblivious to the dragon's words, he is lost in the fury of his sorcerous powers unleashed. The dragon tries to dodge out of the way, but it's broken leg gives out. The meteors slam into it's spine, snapping it like a twig. The dragon falls to the ground, showering those nearby with dirty bloody water.

The room lies quiet, except for the breathing of the group and the dripping of water from the side openings above.

[sblock=ooc]
That is the end of the encounter and the adventure at large. There is a bit of RP left and treasuer awarding too.

Rohna, Tondrek, Tamarand, and Roswyn gain 9 RP

Shava gains 7 RP

XP:(doubled)
2 Flameskulls: 700(1400)
Mummy guardian: 350(700)
Skeletal Tomb Guardian: 500(1000)
Chillborn Zombie: 250(500)

Young Black Dragon: 875(1750)
2 Wyrmwarped Atrocity: 350(700)
2 Dragonkin Defenders: 500(1000)
2 Pact Bound Adepts: 500(1000)
Major Quest(Defeat the kobold gang): 1000(2000)

2010 xp each.

Now I'm going to ask you to update your wish lists if you want and post them here as well as on your CS, so I don't have to sort through each CS. The new addy will starting in about a week if you are interested.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek keeps on smashing and smashing the dragon for almost a minute before realizing it was dead. It takes a small clay hand reaching out of his backpack and tugging on his ear. Huh? Crafty? What-huh? The distraction is enough, for as Tondrek looks over, he finally realizes the dragon is dead. Long before this, however, the infusion he gifted Rhona runs its course, leaving a slightly metallic taste in her mouth.

Bad things dead. Halfmaling be happy, I guess. Though he already have daddy back, right?

Absent-mindedly, Tondrek gathers up the remains of the spiny construct, mumbling to himself about draconamanic prophmesy and turning gears... crimson drake.. the Storm... Eye of Tiger twice.. maybe do with visitors... or dead gob magicy cache? His speech is automatic, as usual, as he goes about tinkering with the parts and idly investigating the room on seeming autopilot.[sblock=OOC]Yay! :)

Tondrek detects magic: Arcana (1d20+16=33) and then looks at the loots.

I'll double check my wishlist later tonight.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna circles the fallen body of the dragon and stops Tondrek after a couple strikes on the still form. "I think I want whats left of this one for the taxidermist friend." The fighter sling her hammer and shield before her armor vanishes from her battered body. She grabs the corpse by the tail and starts dragging it through the water toward the tunnel they came down, mindful of the pit in the middle of the room. She also grabs one of the shields off the fallen kobolds. Once the body is out of the standing water she casts her gaze to the platforms.

With amazing grace she traverses the increasing heights with no fear for her safety, running on the walls in some places to take a look into the caves at the top of the chamber.

OOC - taking 10 on athletics gives Rohna a 25 skill check (trained 5, +5 str, +2 racial, +3 lvl)
[sblock=wishlist]
8620xp puts Rohna 1/2 of the way into lvl 6 (7,500-9,999xp).

• Lvl 5 - Cash (1000gp)
  • Lvl 6 - Antipathy Gloves (Level 10 item: n+4 parcel)
  • Lvl 7 - Vanguard Warhammer +2 (Level 8 item: n+1 parcel)
  • Lvl 8 - Cash (3,400gp)
  • Lvl 9 - Rimefire Plate of Summoniong +3 (Level 11 item: n+2 parcel)
  • Lvl 10 - Tigerclaw Gauntlets +3 (Level 13 item: n+3 parcel[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Tondrek is able to sniff out something magical in the area, and his gaze go up to the top of the room. As if on cue, Rohna bounds up the shelves. The goliath has little trouble navigating and when she reaches the top she finds a short tunnel in the wall with a room beyond it. A pile of glittering gold and gems lie in a pile in a relatively dry room.

[sblock=Vertexx]
Do you intend on spending RP to level yourself up all the way to 6? If so, you'd have to change your Wishlist up a bit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Owed Tondrek] Just keeping track of what I owe everybody. Once I get all wish lists, I'll post the final reward.
Tondrek spends RP to level: Owed 520gp and treasure parcel.
* 11 (lvl+4): Amulet of Protection +3
* 10 (lvl+3): Ironwood Hound, a good +2 Staff (if no Mastermaker's Mace)
* 8 (lvl+1): Mastermaker's Mace (proposed here), Gadgeteer's Googles

Also owed another parcel for level 7(520gp, level 8 item, level 10 item, or level 11 item)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Yes, he'd need two parcels. I'm waiting to see how my proposal turns out first. If its approved, he'd want the mace. If it isn't approved, then I'll rejigger a feats I've chosen and want a +2 melee weapon (maybe a staff like the battlestaff)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Tamarand smiles as the goliath announces the items that lay in what he can only assume is the dragon's hoard. The drow will walk to Tondrek while others attentions are on the treasure.

"Listen, half-orc, you have now twice saved my life and I hate to be in debt to anyone. I have something here that may absolve me of any obligation. It is of arcane origin and I entrust you to take care of it. I need to leave now to hunt down those who took it from my people. As soon as we leave these sewers, I will depart, but I need to leave without anything left unresolved. " the drow whispers, pulling a Khyber shard in the shape of a gear out of a pouch and offering it to the half-orc.

[sblock=Tondrek]
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5086480-post765.html[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads