• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
could I try to make a check to deduce if the destruction by day will have any effect on the zombies or on us?

GM: The crystal seems to thrive at night and is dormant during the day. You don't believe the undead will be active during the day and the destruction of the crystal during that time will have no effect on the group.

[MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION]

Questions:
Would the undead really be empowered?
What would be the area of such outburst?
Would the destruction of the crystal affect us?

Could we create a warding circle to at least lessen the impact on us, if we cannot prevent it's blast to the undead?

Could we create something similar that would channel the energy (maybe into the altar of at least in a line or even blast instead of burst) - so that it empowers only part of the undead (and we would of course choose the side best of us :)

Roll as appropriate when you consider this initial roll insufficient, apply the roll for at least first two, please, as they are related...

GM: At night, the destruction of the crystal will cause it to release the remaining power within and cause ALL the undead in the area to go into a frenzy. You think that outburst of energy, and the ensuing frenzy, would cause the undead to seek out the one who destroyed the crystal, ignoring everyone else.

Creating a ward or zone to channel or contain the energy from such a violent blast of necrotic power is not possible without all the proper components or rituals. So, it's either all or nothing.

Bellegon voices his oppinion of the crystal to the group.

"So, if we destroy the crystal now, all the undead will go for the one who destroyed it. Anyone here can fly? We could destroy it and hide and the one who destroyed it would die at the hands of the undead or manage to run.

So, if at all possible we should try and wait it out. If not..."
*shrug* "we destroy it and THEN try to fight until dawn."

VOTE: wait until dawn, unless it's obvious the temple cannot hold

jsb420

First Post
While not knowing much about things arcane, Brondin listens to his companions explain that destroying the crystal will only enrage the undead hordes outside. The best option would be trying to survive until daybreak, and then attempt to destroy the crystal. "So, we must hold the temple, an' after Onatar's first light we destroy that evil jool."

OOC: After Horticulture's response, I'll change my vote to wait till dawn

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Nice that you came to the same conclusions as I am, Bellegon.
And I concluded the undead will stop activity at day, so we don't need to worry if we use up our resources until dawn.
So, do we all want to wait or will someone be a martyr and destroy it while the rest of us hides?"
Deimos asks the others.

vote: wait until dawn

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Interruption: Shield (if it prevents a hit)
Immediate Reaction: Infernal Wrath (if hit by enemy in range)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Scorching Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Ghourra already said she was fine with waiting, what she was now concerned with is having a horde of undead bringing down the temple walls around them. Ghourra is pushing to open the main temple doors to create a bottleneck where they could fight the undead rather than risk multiple breaks where we might get swarmed from all sides.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Ghourra already said she was fine with waiting, what she was now concerned with is having a horde of undead bringing down the temple walls around them. Ghourra is pushing to open the main temple doors to create a bottleneck where they could fight the undead rather than risk multiple breaks where we might get swarmed from all sides.
OOC: Uhm, didn't we decide against this? There are so many out there that the rest will still pound the walls and everything as dozens fill the bottleneck.
Just my opinion. Time for another vote?

OOC: Uhm, didn't we decide against this? There are so many out there that the rest will still pound the walls and everything as dozens fill the bottleneck.
Just my opinion. Time for another vote?

I agree. We cannot afford to give them the opening before they get one themselves. That would just increase the time we need to hold on.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: *shurgs* I just hate waiting. It just runs against what I feel an adventurer should be. We've gone back and forth on this for 2 weeks now. I'm ready to get back to some action.

Remove ads