• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Nice one BenBrown! (Sorry I forgot that you still had to take your turn... easy to overlook the unconscious character... ;))[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Still waiting for Cillani... but I am not sure when I'll be able to update anyway, a few busy days are ahead. Hopefully tomorrow night but I'm not certain.[/sblock]

Charm

First Post
Cillani looked around the scene trying desperately to decide what she could do next. Suddenly her eyes and hand flared as lightning shot out towards the fish below. "Perhaps now you can go assist our companions Dear Br'ther."

[sblock=actions]
ok I had no idea what to do so here's what I went with lol

Vanguard's lightning J8-9/I8-9: Attack and damage vs Piranha Swarm
1d20+4=11, 1d6+4=7 [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the long delay, I've been sort of overscheduled lately. I think I may be able to get an update done Monday night if you can get your turns in![/sblock]

Azryah winces as the poison courses through her, but does not give in or back down. She shoves her way through the foliage to follow the dagger-wielding zealot.

"I told you my vengeance, Merkari's vengeance, would be complete," she said as she slashed her sword at him, easily slicing through the branches as if they weren't even there to take the man's life.

That job done, she turned around to find that she was much too far from the rest of the group. Her shoulders sagged visibly. Feeling quite weak now, she sent a silent prayer to her god that she would live long enough to see the end of the fight and prepared herself for what she was sure would be further attacks from the club-wielding brute that was rapidly approaching the shore.

Chaku looks at the 25 foot break in the bridge, and the pointy fish waiting to devour anyone foolhardy enough to enter their domain. Flexing his muscles he calls upon his heritage, hardening his skin and strengthening his resolve.

Taking a step back, he rushes the bridge, long legs covering the 10 feet to the broken edge in 3 strides. Boards splinter and threaten to give way as the massive barbarian plants his foot and launches himself into the air. The piranha look up, eager for their next meal, but it as if through shear willpower and muscle, gravity doesn't affect the goliath. The other side of the bridge looms up, but still the goliath flies, clearing the edge by a good few feet before he lands and uses his momentum to carry himself to being level with Papolstaanas. Turning to the surprised kobold, the bloodsoaked barbarian asks, Papol? You want to kill him, or should I? Kaeysari has a healing potion in her pack if you want to try and save Jynxx a swim.

Papolstaanas looks up briefly at Chaku before being overtaken by a fit of coughing that sprays yet more poisoned blood out of his mouth and nose. He gives Kaeysari a despairing look, but decides that remaining out in the open is probably suicide in his present state and darts into the heavy undergrowth. Straightening up, he stomps his little foot, producing a surprisingly heavy impact and a brief tremor that causes the pale man to lurch toward him. "Kill him!" he says in a squeaky rasp.

Jynxx begins to yell another round of encouragement when a fly enters his mouth, choking him. He quickly coughs it out and calls to his kobold friend, "If you would be so kind as to give her that potion, I shall try to keep those here upright." He grins and launches another arrow, but it falls short.

[sblock=Jynxx] as discussed, Jynxx just used Jinx Shot (missing) and no AP... he still needs to save against the poison vulnerability, I'll go ahead and roll for you: Jynxx saving throw (1d20=2)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Azryah]Jynxx's Majestic Word restores 12 hp (back to 20), and also allows you to slide one square if you wish... perhaps to P-4?[/sblock]
Kaeysari lies twitching on the ground, the sounds of battle around her. The voices of her companions ring in her ears, and there is also another voice, this one gentle, yet firm. "Stand and fight, warrior," it says. "You are not done yet." ooc: ooh! Who is the mysterious voice? is it the zocalti talking? ;)

With a jerk, Kaeysari's eyes open, and she tries to focus through the pain inflicted by the psychic attack.

Cillani looked around the scene trying desperately to decide what she could do next. Suddenly her eyes and hand flared as lightning shot out towards the fish below. "Perhaps now you can go assist our companions Dear Br'ther."

[sblock=Charm]The lightning missed... You also take 5 damage from the ongoing poison, leaving you at 4 (yow!), and need to make a saving throw against it. I'd let you roll this one since it's so important, but I need to know whether you make it because it affects whether the enemy can target you with Corrupt Poison... 19 Whew... could have been seriously bad for Cillani if failed!

Don't forget also, you can move the angel with minor actions. So you can move it twice and still do an attack. Even if you don't attack with it, it might be a good idea to get it closer. Since it can make opportunity attacks it can also help plug up the battlefield a bit.[/sblock]
The club-wielding minion moves up on the shore. He looks over at Cillani and growls, but seems afraid of the angel hovering on the bridge. Instead, he charges Jynxx, smacking the kalashtar painfully on the chest. Jynnx gasps for breath. )(Jynxx is bloodied)

The pale man sways in the mini-quake and stares incredulously at Papolstaanas. "You... what are you?" he hisses. "How can you stand after so much poison? Where th' power from?" He barks a command at the zocaltipapatlaca blood warrior, who nods and readies a stone bowl.

He spits into it, stirs it with his bloody dagger, and drinks deeply. His cheeks swell, and he tilts his head back, then spits out a huge cloud of poison-laced zocalti. It covers the area around the pale man, catching both Chaku and Papolstaanas in its effect. But the spell was cast hastily, and Chaku, as well as the pale man, are barely touched by any of the fluid. More threatens to fall on Papolstaanas, but a sudden gust of wind disperses it. The blood warrior flings down his bowl in disgust, and moves back deeper into the jungle.

The pale man grits his teeth and strikes out at Papolstaanas with his glistening dagger. He moves with lightning speed, slashing twice. The second barely cuts the kobold, but yet again the warden is poisoned. The man smiles thinly and steps back, facing the oncoming goliath. Their gazes lock. Suddenly Chaku jumps and quivers as illusionary snakes boil up from under the bridge, hampering him and making his head throb with pain.
[sblock=Warden's Grasp]Triggers Warden's Grasp... Papol can decide where to slide him, but I'm guessing I17 since that's where he wanted him before, and that's where I'll place him on the map for now.[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
12 Kaeysari - K11 - 7/28 (3/10) AP: 1 - ongoing 5 psychic/slowed (save ends), bloodied, prone, 1 missed death save, longtooth shifting

10 --- ENEMIES ---
Dagger R - O22 - 32/32 HP remaining - concealment, PB used
Pale Man - I17 - 19 damage - marked by Papo, slowed, cannot shift ; action point, SC, Writhe used
Club K - L-2 - (minion)
Piranha Swarm - J8 - - 0 damage - aura 1
Dwarf H - J13 - DEAD
Dwarf O - I1 - DEAD
Dagger V - R-5 - DEAD
Club B - I5 - DEAD
Club T - K4 - DEAD
Club E - I4 - DEAD
---------------
10 Azryah - Q-5 - 20/28 (4/9) AP: 0 - concealment, Argent Mantle, Bond of Retribution, ongoing 5 poison (save ends)
7 Chaku - K14 - 25/33 (7/12) AP: 0 - DR 5, ongoing 5 psychic/slowed (save ends)
3 Papolstaanas - H18 - 14/35 (7/13) AP: 1 - bloodied, concealment, ongoing 5 poison (save ends)
2 Jynxx - I-2 - 11/24 (5/8) AP: 2 - bloodied, concealment, vuln 5 poison (save ends)
2 Cillani - J5 - 4/23 (5/7) AP: 0 - bloodied, firesoul (+1 Reflex / resist 5 fire)
Angel - J3 (under bridge) - 5/12 - bloodied[/sblock]
[sblock=Mechanics]
Club Man K
  • Charge to L-2
  • Club vs Jynxx hits AC 19 for 4 damage.

Dagger Man R

Pale Man
  • Serpent Curse recharges.
  • Snake's Quickness: can make 2 basic attacks.
    [*]Poisoned Dagger vs. Papolstaanas misses AC 14
    [*]Poisoned Dagger vs. Papolstaanas barely hits AC 21 for 2 damage, plus 5 ongoing poison (save ends).
  • Shift to J18 (he's just slowed, nothing keeping him from shifting right?)
  • Action Point: Serpent's Curse vs. Chaku. hits will 25 (forgot mark -2 in roll) for 10 psychic, and ongoing 5 psychic and slowed (save ends both). Does only 1 actual point of damage thanks to DR and temp hit points!
  • Triggers Warden's Grasp from Papolstaanas: slide (I'm guessing back to I17), slowed and cannnot shift.

Piranha Swarm
  • Starting to get bored...
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]Lots of terrain features on this map! We'll see how many actually end up coming into play. ;)
Bright Light Cillani is holding a sunrod which effectively illuminates the whole map (20 square radius).

Road/Shore/Grass (brownish and green squares) - normal terrain.

Jungle - difficult terrain, and provides concealment. (Consider any square with more than a tiny fragment of a jungle leaf graphic to be jungle... I think it should be pretty clear but ask if need be)

River - "Shallow" river lacks the blue highlight and is difficult terrain. "Deep" river (blue highlight) requires an Athletics check to swim or tread water (DC 10 to move half your speed or stay afloat; fail by 4 or less and you don't move but tread water; fail by 5 or more and you sink 1 square.)

River Rocks - There are three large, relatively flat rocks in the river. It takes one extra square of movement to go from a river square to one of the rocks, but otherwise they are normal terrain.

Rock Pile - There is a large pile of rocks on the far shore. These provide cover and are difficult terrain.

Bridge - The bridge is 3 squares wide - you can walk normally on the "rope" squares. It has rope railings which makes it difficult to force someone over the side using forced movement - the target gets a +4 bonus to its saving throw to fall prone rather than go over the edge. (This doesn't apply if forced off one of the ends where it was collapsed.) The surface of the bridge blocks line of sight and provides superior cover for characters on opposite sides (i.e., between one character on the bridge and one character in the river under it). (Rope and post graphics on the shore have no effect, they are just for show.)

Collapsed Bridge - The section of the bridge outlined with a blue square (I6 to K10) has been collapsed and fallen into the river. This area is difficult terrain - even the "deep" part of the river here, as the remains of the bridge provides a surface to walk on under the water.

Bridge to River, River to Bridge - The bridge is one square higher than the river; so there is no damage from falling or jumping in. To move from the river to the bridge requires a move action. You must be adjacent to the bridge and have moved no more than 2 squares in that action, and make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Athletics check. Success places you prone in the adjacent bridge square; if you beat DC 20 then you are standing in the adjacent bridge square. Either way ends that move action.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Zocaltipapatlaca Dwarf
HP 47, bloodied 23
AC 21, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 15; concealment against enemies more than 3 squares away
Basic Attack: War Club +9 vs AC; 1d10 + 2 damage

Zocaltipapatlaca Dagger Man
HP 32, bloodied 16
AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
Basic Attack: Dagger +6 vs AC; 1d6 + 3 damage

Zocaltipapatlaca Club Man
HP 1 - missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11; +2 to all defenses while within 5 squares of at least two other club men
Basic Attack: Club +6 vs AC; 4 damage

Pale Man
HP ??, bloodied ??
AC 15, Fort ??, Ref 15, Will ??
Basic Attack: Dagger +10 vs AC; 1d4 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)

Piranha Swarm
HP ??, bloodied ??
Swarm Attack aura 1; the piranha swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in the aura.
AC ??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??; Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 damage from close and area attacks
Basic Attack: Swarm of Teeth +8 vs AC; 1d6 + 2 damage, or 2d6 + 2 damage against a prone target
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]This is so spread out, I wasn't able to keep Azryah in view, sorry. Nothing much happening over there anyway. :)
bridge_5.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Don't have time to do my turn at the moment, but I did want to pipe in that I didn't slide because I thought I couldn't over all the difficult terrain I was in. If I still could, your suggestion of P -4 is fine (at least I'd be back on the map).

If you are good with considering me slid, I will start from there when I do take my turn. If you'd rather leave me in Q -5 because I didn't do it earlier, that's fine as well. Just let me know.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
A look of fear washes over the barbarian's face as the snakes boil up from beneath him, but he sees the true source of his problem and lunges forward. It is an ill-aimed strike, barely grazing the pale man, but with the goliath's massive strength, even a graze can be painful as flesh tears away.

Intent on his prey, and with bloodlust in his eyes, the paleman's mind attack is immediately pushed out of Chaku's head have barely effected him.

[sblock=Mechanics]Take 5 psychic, resist 5 psychic
Standard: Howling strike charge with vanguard maul to J16: 1d20+7+2=14 3d6+5=15 1d8=6 Hits because I forgot the +1 for charging for 21 damage.
Minor/move go to waste
Save: 1d20=14 I'm good.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari takes a second to get her bearings, then climbs cautiously to her feet, shaking her head to clear it as she does so.

[sblock=actions]
5 psychic damage (ongoing)
+2 hp from Longtooth Shifting
Standard: Second Wind (+7 HP and +2 to all defenses)
Move: Stand up

Save vs. ongoing psychic damage/slow: 1d20=13
[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari

Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:11/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers:Cleave, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth

Shifting

Villain's Menace, Healing Word

Conditions:
+2 to all defenses from Second Wind
failed one death save
Longtooth Shifting (+2 to damage and regeneration 2 while bloodied)
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
The pale man sways in the mini-quake and stares incredulously at Papolstaanas. "You... what are you?" he hisses. "How can you stand after so much poison? Where th' power from?"

"I'm a kobold, and I'm tough, and I don't know!" Papolstaanas shouts belligerently, before realizing belatedly that this would have been an awfully good occasion for some sort of witty retort, and he's kind of letting the side down by not coming up with one, isn't he, because real adventurers are supposed to seize golden opportunities like that, aren't they, so that the enemies get all knock-kneed because of the adventurer's biting, caustic wit and can hardly fight anymore... And come to think of it the poison is starting to make him feel kind of light-headed and sick, and it occurs to him that what if the outside power that helps him this way suddenly... stops helping him, is he going to drop dead from this horrible poison? A fear builds painfully in his chest and he lunges at the pale man, hoping at least to take this one individual down with him, but he can hardly tell whether his strike lands or not.

[sblock=actions]OK with the slide location for warden's grasp.

Font of life save vs. poison:1d20=5. Well, font of life had to stop being good to me eventually.

Standard: weight of earth against pale man 1d20+8=15 1d6+3=4. I think that's a bare piddly little hit.

Free: mark pale man again.

Save vs. poison: 1d20=20. Tough little bugger shrugs it off once again...[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 1
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:12
HP:9/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/13
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Shifty
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth
Warden’s Fury (immediate interrupt)
Warden’s Grasp (immediate reaction)

Gale Strike
Second Wind
Student of the Sword (feat)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions: bloodied, concealed

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Don't have time to do my turn at the moment, but I did want to pipe in that I didn't slide because I thought I couldn't over all the difficult terrain I was in. If I still could, your suggestion of P -4 is fine (at least I'd be back on the map).

If you are good with considering me slid, I will start from there when I do take my turn. If you'd rather leave me in Q -5 because I didn't do it earlier, that's fine as well. Just let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Yes, you can slide (forced movement) into difficult terrain... although you couldn't shift there. The bard power slides you, it doesn't grant you a shift.[/sblock]

Remove ads