(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

Creamsteak

Explorer
"It's moving... what is that?"

Marl puts his hand out towards the runes (but not stepping any closer or actually trying to touch them). Is the cold feeling coming from the wall?

It indeed seems to be.

Vanadan moves within arm's reach of the wall without hesitation. "Fascinating..." the elf mutters as he runs his fingers over the runes trying to uncover their meaning.

[ooc: Decipher Script +8]

You quickly figure out that these are arcane glyphs of warding. Intermixed with the runes are auran and aqual characters representing two languages of the elementals, though you can't decipher what they say. You do, however, identify the characters for "ring" and "binding."

In touching the runes you feel a freezing chill and the skin that touches these is quickly afflicted with minor frostbite. The runes are incredibly cold, and are quickly cooling down the air around them. The canvas seems to slightly limit the cold to the rest of the room. This cold, however, does not reach very deep into the cavern. The firey lake provides more than enough heat to counteract this chill. You can surmise, however, that if the rest of the runes were uncovered and proved equally cold, the temperature in this room would drop very quickly.

Jagos looks between Vanadan and the initiate, asking both, "you know what that means?"

The initiate states her opinion on the matter. "These are symbols of air and water and ice. The creature Zigriss wishes to free is an elemental of fire. These are old... very old. Perhaps as old as the mountain? Perhaps these are symbols of impisonment for whatever creature is here?"

The initiate hushes after this, and turns to look towards the lake.

Grog shivers slightly and slowly scans the area nearby. He does not stray very far from the Servant of Seto.

Grog, as your eyes follow the servant you notice something. The zombies movements, while slow at first, are now almost sluggish.

CCamfield

First Post
Marl replies to the initiate, "Well, if that's the case, why don't we tear down the rest of these? Although, it could alert Zigris that we're here."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"That seems like a fair idea. I imagine you would be best for the job, seeing as your more difficult to see. Are you strong enough to tear the rest of this sheet down without them noticing?"

CCamfield

First Post
Marl puts his hands on his hips and glares up at her from his full height of 3'2". "Do I look like a muscle-bound giant to you?"

"However... something has to be holding that canvas up." He looks up and around. He would guess that if the canvas is hanging from a rail, and is taller than a human, that it would had to have been winched up with some ropes at one or both ends. Cut the ropes, and it would fall. Is that the case?

{OOC: If that is the case, but more than one person is necessary, he will suggest that he and someone else cut the ropes. If everything's a "go" he will then sneak over there to cut the ropes.}

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Smiling faintly at Marl's comment, Jagos offers, "I'll help you, I can move quite well without notice too."

OOC: I'll be away for around a week starting this sunday. I'll go along with whatever Marl suggests until then.

Quirhid

First Post
Vanadan steps away from the runes calmly and hides his hands in the sleeves of his black robe. The elf nods to Marl's suggestion and turns to observe the lava pool and the undead more closely while trying to find a suitable position for him to be if something goes wrong.

CCamfield

First Post
{OOC: Stick a fork in it... this game definitely seems to be dead. :mad: Is there any way of extracting one's character to another game? Oh well, I could always use the concept in a FTF campaign. Meh.}

orsal

LEW Judge
Judge speaking

This is an LEW judge speaking... I just took a look at this thread and realized the extent of this game's difficulties. Part of the problem is that your judge is Uriel, who has been gone from LEW for a long time now. Ordinarily he'd be the one to notice when intervention was needed.

I'll check with the other judges, but I'll ask for approval to step in and guide this to an end. Once it's been wrapped up, you can all take your characters to the Red Dragon Inn and look for further adventures if you want.

BTW, any time you need to catch the eye of the LEW powers that be... just post in the current General Discussion thread. Or email the judges at the addresses listed in the Guide to LEW, if it's specifically judges you need to reach.

Remove ads