(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

CCamfield

First Post
"Just do whatever you can."

{OOC - No offense, but who or what are we waiting for? This game has gone for ages and ages. It's hard to keep any enthusiasm when it seems - maybe I'm wrong - that we're waiting for the moderator to have the NPCs respond, and the delay goes on for WEEKS. I know that I have been away from the game... last fall I think I missed a week or two - but I honestly thought that the game had died. It may be that Creamsteak has exams or is busy or whatever, but this kind of break is a killer and I think if there's going to be a protracted delay, it should be noted in the thread. I'm peripherally aware that there is some other thread or forum where people post stuff like "I'm away for the next week" but I don't know where it is. To be honest, I don't visit ENWorld any more other than to participate in this game and to check the Fantasy/SF board once in a while.}

Last edited:

jtone

Explorer
{OOC: I'd like to know what the delay is too. I don't want to stop checking if something is going to happen, but I'd like to have some idea when updates will be happening. If there won't be any further updates, please let me know. }

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll try to pick this game up from where I left off again. I know it's been almost a month since my last post, and I didn't give a warning. Anyone still following along? I promise I can finish this adventure fairly soon, we are afterall working up towards then end.

Creamsteak

Explorer
jtone said:
Jared asks, Is the gauze around our faces any protection or are we just fooling ourselves? In any case, I'll come with you and I'll trust the fire of Chennet' to burn away the dust. How can I help?

"It probably helps. It is dust afterall, it is large enough to get caught up in it. I could not tell you for sure."

The woman starts to move up the inclined cavern now, and the red glow seems to get brighter as everyone follows up. After 300 more feet of movement, the cavern opens up quickly. Now everyone looks out and sees nearly 100 feet circular of cleared rock. There are large support beams every 10 feet or so, some of natural rock and others of strong metal support columns. At the far end of the room, an orange pool glows bright enough for everyone to gain full normal sight in the room. While the pool has certain properties of lava, it is distinctly different in that it is so bright. The best way to term it would be pure liquid essence of fire.

There appears to be movement near the fire, undead slaves taking dark hardened iron buckets of the liquid fire from the pool. Each seems to grab a bucket and drag it off towards the easternmost corner of the room, where it appears to be much more poorly illuminated. The buckets light up the area as they pass through, and it appears to be another small tunnel leading downward and away.

There is also a series of canvas sheets hanging over the western side of the room, obscuring vision. Seeing this, the servant of Seto starts to move towards that direction. "I wonder what is covered up over there?"

Remove ads