• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

Quirhid

First Post
Vanadan continues to point the woman with his crossbow and tries to stay silent hoping that the woman doesn't notice his presence.

Creamsteak

Explorer
To answer your question:

"Well... if you consider it 'killing', then yes I killed those carrion infested bodies. I am an initiate of Seto, here to lay claim to one of the ranking members of the Blades of Arcton's soul. Of course, apparently I've been given the pick of the draw. Not only are others here after him, but he's a necromancer and a summoner."

jtone

Explorer
Jaret whispers, An Initiate of Seto? Those people are nuts. They live to kill the local theives' guild, the Curved Blades of Arcton. When they're not killing Blades, they're assassinating each other. There's a saying, "When an initiate of Seto is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life."

(OOC: I'm assuming my Knowledge of Religion, basic as it is would cover this much. I got the info via this link http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=1854221#post1854221)

CCamfield

First Post
{OOC - Marl is highly ignorant and skeptical of religion, but if this cult lives to kill the thieves' guild, would he have heard of them? Knowledge: Local +6}

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC - Do "initiate of Seto" or "Blades of Arcton" mean anything to any of us?

Initiate of Seto is described somewhat in jtone's link. Blades of Arcton is also mentioned in the first post in this thread.

(OOC: I'm assuming my Knowledge of Religion, basic as it is would cover this much. I got the info via this link http://www.enworld.org/showthread.p...221#post1854221)

Yep, that much would be fairly well known. "Initiate of Seto" could well refer to either the assassin's or the cult.

{OOC - Marl is highly ignorant and skeptical of religion, but if this cult lives to kill the thieves' guild, would he have heard of them? Knowledge: Local +6}

Marl only knows what is common knowledge. There are whispers when officers of the guild die under mysterious circumstances, of assassins and cults that worship dark powers that work against the guild in Ignussus. There are also may tales of torture and kidnappings, but most of this is told third-hand by local gossips.

All - The woman makes a motion towards her leather satchel, reaching deep within. As she does this, she softly speaks with her wearied voice, "What drives you into these mountains? Why is it that you do not bend to cowardice and walk away from here while you still live? Surely you are not so brave as to walk further still?"

jtone

Explorer
Who is this Blade of Arcton that you're hunting? Do they know you're here? What are they trying to do with these zombies and other undead? Jaret blurts questions in quick succession. This is the weirdest thing he's ever seen.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"If your not going to answer my questions... then I would leave here now. You've already filled your lungs with the dust, but if you can make it out into the desert by sunrise you might survive with some of your life in tact."

"The head of the blades here was named Zigris. He's not the kindest or cruelest, but certainly the least loyal to the blades. He's betraying them as we speak. He's attempting to free some form of elemental giant burried in the rock. But why does he do this? Desire for power. He is no different from those he betrays. Just like his kin, he wants to be the strongest. The undead are simply implements of infinitely loyal and long-enduring labor."

"As for knowing if I'm here... I was certain they did, but now I do not know. I heard his cries, he ordered those creatures to attack something down these tunnels... but could it have been you they were after? Or were they already aware of me?"

The woman notices something about Grog and says, "Your friend there is going to die of that wound. I don't doubt this in the slightest."

CCamfield

First Post
Marl laughs bitterly. "All right then, 'Initiate'. If I'm a walking dead man, then I'll tell Zigris with this" - he pulls out another crossbow quarrel -"that I'm resigning from the Guild. And if you don't want company, I'll follow after you, like I've done since the warehouse."

He turns to the others. "The rest of you might want to think about leaving. Maybe you'll make it."

Marl turns back to the Initiate.

"He could have been ordering creatures to attack us, if those were the ones you destroyed. We fought the creature that bit Grog back up the passage there."

{OOC By the way, is Zigris the foreman that Marl knows?}

Creamsteak

Explorer
(Yeppers. I believe, but could be wrong, that it's mentioned somewhere in the thread.)

"Were not that far away at this point... maybe two hundred feet into the chamber where he's currently slaving away."

"When I saw the newcomers in the storage warehouse, I was inspecting them when you saw me. My magic can hide me from the eyes of the dead, but the living requires a more complicated spell that I do not know the valence for."

"I can also sense at least a few more walking dead are ahead..."

Those of you that have been observing the woman for a bit notice that her body is in poor condition, open sores and bruises on a wrinkled old body. She has the appearance of being, perhaps, in her sixties.

Remove ads