• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Since there is so much confusion, I'm just going to re-roll these and then fight your way through I suppose.

Hr - Harwin 20
A - Avlogg 18
S - Sara 17
G - Groggnir 14
F - Fangor 9
K - Karcer 9
T - Thoria 9
Gang Members

Harwin and Avlogg delay their actions still trying to communicate with the Halflings and young Humans. Sara, however, is not so calm. Sara takes both of her weapons and moves into a position where she can attack two different targets. Her primary attack fails to hit, but her secondary is enough to kill the halfling on her left. Groggnir charges one of the halflings. His axe rips through the small man with no effort. Fangor moves 5 feet and attacks the halfling in front of him, striking quickly against the flat-footed individual who drops after the attack, but seems to be concious. Karcer surprises a nearby teenage human with her axe, ripping through his head (critical, confirmed) for 16 damage. Thoria stays out of the slaughter.

All of the remaining gang members turn to run. Sara has an attack of opportunity on one, and succeeds in dropping the retreating leader. The halfling to her right, however, manages to escape. All three retreating halflings head into the forest.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Creamsteak said:
All of the remaining gang members turn to run. Sara has an attack of opportunity on one, and succeeds in dropping the retreating leader. The halfling to her right, however, manages to escape. All three retreating halflings head into the forest.

Sara calls out to anyone following them to hold up please, and cleans her swords on the grass. "Great, incompentent bandits, what fun," she says in annoyance. "Karcer, please leave their heads on them, they look better that way. I wish they'd had the sense to back off, that wasn't even a fight..." She asks Karcer to help her get their mounts back under control and leaves the looting to anyone wiht more of a taste for it.

Ghostknight

First Post
Grabbing the reins of his riding dog harwin goes forward to where Sara is standing and starts bandaging the unconscious bandits.

As incompetent as they were, they must have been desperate to try this. I want to know why they are so desperate, what has driven them to this state. Perhaps one will recover enough to let us know.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Oh well, I guess they shouldn't have bothered with us. After all, we gave them a chance..."

Fangor will let someone else loot, as this battle was not hardly the wasted effort. Gathering his pony, he mounts it and begins to move onward.

"Come on now, we have an Ogre to catch!"

Aranel

First Post
Karcer, who had a head under her arm, and was just about to kill another of the buggers had stopped and she was trying to clean her Axe on the dead creatures clothing, lovingly running the blade over their fabric and muttering to the severed head.

She heard Sara call for help and looked around, there was a body she had to investigate first. "I came tah warn yeh 'bout the...er..." she gestured. Actually, she'd come to try and kill as many of the little buggers as she could. But warning the others had been on her list too.

"Ne'er mind..." she decided finally with a shrug, rummaging through the clothes to see if there were any interesting potions.

Afterwards she hurried over to Sara and offered her the head. It was meant to apologise but it stayed silent. "Say yer sorry!" she growled at the head. After a moment she nodded "'As better." she muttered before drop kicking it off into the forest

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin shakes his head at Karcer's actions. Looking at the dead, he moves to start collecting them, arranging their bodies for their next-of-kin to claim and bury.

I still say they must have been desperate to take on a well armed band. I want to know what would drive them to such desperation. Surely this bears more investigation . I for one would return here after we have dealt with the ogre and see what is going on here.

ooc Harwin will take a crossbow and bolts, if there are any around, but will otherwise leave the bodies except to prepare them for collection by the other members of the band.

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is going to be a week-long delay on this game unless I manage to get an update this weekend. Finals Preparations.

Ghostknight

First Post
Creamsteak said:
There is going to be a week-long delay on this game unless I manage to get an update this weekend. Finals Preparations.

What put your future ahead of the game? :p

Well, good luck on your finals, hope they go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads