Adventure in the Open Skies: The Liralen Irregulars (Eberron, Updated 5/10)

Micah

First Post
:) Keith Baker gets the credit for the Ravers.
At this point in the game we were heading the PC's through
Fallen Angel from the December 2003 edition of Dungeon (issue 117)

We wanted something easy while in Sharn since we were busy crafting the 4th/5th level adventure that would come next. It worked out great as background to introduce a new PC.
It also has quite a bit of potential to build on in the future considering some of the game elements we have in play. :cool:

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Update #35: A Job Offer

Iefan reflects on Sasha’s post, two long years in Blackstone. Over those two years Sasha has done everything that could be asked of her and more. And yet conditions have not improved, they have deteriorated. She has won over a few scattered people in The Fallen, but far too few and they can do little to champion the cause of their district.

The criminals and corrupt in the city have begun to use Fallen as a training ground or for cruel entertainment, subjecting prisoners to the Raver gangs and taking bets on how long they last. Sasha has stood against them, both putting her life on the line in the defense of the Fallen’s inhabitants and taking her complaints to the city government, yet nothing is done. It is an issue all too easy to ignore and Sasha suspects corruption amidst the government itself. He is inclined to agree.

Yet Sasha’s persistence had appeared to pay off, an aid package was drafted by the City Council for Fallen, money that would be earmarked for the restoration of the district and finally end the eighty-year tragedy. Yet the Lord Mayor struck it down, dedicating the money to House Cannith for structural repairs to other towers, to prevent something of the same scale from happening again. At least, that was the line for the Sharn Inquisitor.

‘Every city has its slums,’ the convenient excuse of those in power to ignore the plight of the downtrodden. Iefan Conway puts the files away and dismisses the light with a hasty gesture.

“Sasha, you need help.”

Ruel,

I have an unexpected matter that has come up and was wondering if you and your friends would be willing to aid me. There is some urgency involved but I will make it worth your time. My residential suite is located in Silvervine, in the Ocean View District.

Erma

“Who was this again?” Dox asks.

“Don’t you remember, that elf always carrying clay around?” Alexandre replies. The small note itself is sealed with red clay instead of wax.

“Oh yeah, she seemed nice.” Dox nods. “So where is Ruel anyways?”

“He said he had an errand to run,” Audric shrugs. “He should be back soon. Regardless, it is late and we will not call until the morning. He believes we should go, I agree.”

Alexandre makes a face, “A job huh? Well, it better pay well, better than all the money we’re raking in gambling, eh Dox?”

Dox smiles, “Nothing wrong with quitting while we’re ahead. How ‘bout Loki and Elisa?”

Audric nods, “They are weapon shopping, but both she and Loki agreed it would be a good idea. I believe she was quite eager to try out her new magic greatsword.”

Alexandre slaps them on the back, “Right, that settles it, so long as the pay is good, we’ll do it.”

Elisa grins as she returns with Loki to the Boar’s Head, “What are you going to do with that harpoon? Go fishing?”

Loki smiles, “Not exactly. I thought it might be a good way to… retrieve any foe that would choose to flee from us.”

Elisa lifts an eyebrow, “Interesting! Think you could hit that old beggar over there?” She points to an old man shambling out from an alleyway.

“What old beggar? All I see is Ruel,” Loki answers.

“Where are you looking, can’t you… huh,” Elisa frowns. The old man she saw is gone. Instead she sees Ruel walking into the Boar’s Head. “That’s weird.”

“Let’s go inside,” Loki shrugs.

Jack squints as the Irregulars give him the address of Ermineth d’Phiarlan’s home and studio, “Aye, I know the place. That district’s pretty upper crust, you’ll need to ditch your weapons.”

Elisa looks crestfallen, but the Irregulars stow their weapons back in their room, then follow Jack. The Oceanview district is gated and the guards question their business and search them for weapons, before waving them through. They approach an impressive spire where a bugbear in fine livery stands at the doorway.

“Welcome to Silvervine, you’re expected,” he says gruffly. “Ermineth d’Phiarlan is on the third floor, to the left.

“Thank you,” Ruel answers quickly. The Irregulars take a broad stairway to Ermineth’s studio and the white-haired elf is waiting for them. She smiles up at Ruel, “Thank you for coming. Please, come inside.”
Her studio is lavish. Exquisite statues are set in niches within the walls, and smaller pieces are laid out in sealed glass displays amidst her comfortable furniture. The aging elf is clearly not a starving artist. She leads them through the halls to a crowded workshop, where shaping and carving tools as well as large blocks of clay are set haphazardly. Half-finished sculptures and stacked sketches litter her long worktables. A section of the room is sealed off behind a dark curtain

“I will get right to the point,” Ermineth begins after the Irregulars find places to stand inside. “My studio has been broken into. I pay well for twenty-four hour security and arcane protection of a rather expensive sort. Yet there was no sign of these burglars’ entry. Only one thing was stolen.” She pulls aside the black curtain. A glass display case is set therein, completely empty. Beside it, lays a body in dirty clothes. There is neither blood nor obvious marks of a struggle on the body, or around it.

Dox immediately moves forward, bending down by the body, “Who is this? What happened here?”

“I have been robbed, Dox. Though I must say I have far more valuable items to casual thieves than this item, but then, my security arrangements are enough to deter casual thieves,” Ermineth chuckles. “Who this is, I do not know exactly, save that he is a Raver, without any doubt.

Audric circumnavigates the glass display case slowly as Ermineth speaks, then shakes his head. “There is no damage to the case, none at all.”

Ermineth nods, “I have been over it very carefully. It was not visibly disturbed.”

“Magic then,” Ruel reasons. “There are spells for opening locks and retrieving items discreetly that could account for this. When did this occur, Ermineth?”

“Last night sometime. I do not doubt your assertion Ruel, but…”

“After this much time, we are unlikely to find lingering magical auras,” Ruel finishes, nodding. “I suspect that if we did, there would be little chance of finding and retrieving the object in any event, the abilities of the thief would likely outclass most any detection.”

Dox studies the dead man carefully. He is dressed in grungy clothes, but they might have been fine clothing once. Now they are no more than rags. The man is heavily scarred and tattooed, but one of his tattoos on his hands catches his attention, a stylized stone between two clasped hands. “What is this here, on his palm?” Dox asks, lifting the man’s hand.

“A Raver clan symbol,” Ermineth nods.

Elisa clears her throat from the back of the group of Irregulars, “What exactly was stolen?”

Ermineth smiles, “Forgive me dear, you will need to know that won’t you? I have a sketch of it, but quite simply it is the marble arm of a statue.” Ermineth produces a rolled parchment and presents it to Elisa for inspection.

Alexandre rubs his chin, “How’d you come across this arm?”

Ermineth looks to him, “I was present in Sharn when the glass tower fell. Like many others I was curious, and I walked around what is now Fallen. I found it on the streets. It is exquisite, more life-like than the work of many who consider themselves fine sculptors. I took it; better off in my hands then a callous looter. I have kept it since and long sought the whole statue.”

“This is a bit of a setback,” Loki comments.

“Perhaps,” the elderly elf smiles, “But I prefer to think of it as an opportunity. The statue was no doubt lost in Fallen. These Ravers may have other pieces or the whole statue in their possession. Therefore, I am prepared to make the following offer to you.

She clears her throat, “Recover the arm, I will reward you with 500 gold pieces.”

Alexandre grouses under his breath, “Split six ways, that’s poor booty for a dangerous voyage.”

Ermineth’s expression twinkles, “Recover the whole statue, I will make that gold platinum.”

Alexandre whistles, “That’s a sight better! Count us in lass!”

“Wonderful!” Ermineth laughs. “There is a woman you should consult with in Fallen. Her name is Sasha Larkana, you can find her at the old Blackstone church, just inside the district’s gates. She is as close to an expert on Ravers that exists in Sharn. She might be able to tell you what that tattoo represents and where to find the others like him.”

“What?? You want to go where!? Are you daft ‘Xandre? That district is the worse of a bad lot in the bowels of Sharn, no one goes there!” One-Eyed Jack sputters, outside the Boar’s Head.

“Come on old mate, it’ll be an adventure, just like old times! We could use your sharp eyes and steady hand, whatd’ya say, one more time for an old mate?” Alexandre grins.

“You’re my mate and I’ll see you safely through most anywhere in this city ‘Xandre, where otherwise...” Jack trails off. “I’ll see you to the gates, if you must, but no farther. That district is cursed, haunted and a deathtrap. If you’d heard half the things I have, you wouldn’t be going.”

“Aye, mayhaps,” Alexandre muses, then grins. “But we haven’t and we are, so lead on Jack! Just a shame you won’t get a share of the treasure once we’re done.”

As the Irregulars start on their way, Loki turns to Elisa. “Seems like there will be blood to shed, I hope we do not walk to our deaths.”

Elisa smiles, reaching back to clap the scabbard of her massive new greatsword. “Bring it on. Bring it on.”

Serenity

First Post
Hey PhoenixAsh

Just read through the thread I must say that I really enjoy the writing. I particularly enjoyed the cut scenes with Ruel telling the story to Sasha. Very nice. You all have captiured the 'flavor' of Eberron exceptionally well.
So all I can say is, "More Irregulars please!"

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Serenity said:
Hey PhoenixAsh

Just read through the thread I must say that I really enjoy the writing. I particularly enjoyed the cut scenes with Ruel telling the story to Sasha. Very nice. You all have captiured the 'flavor' of Eberron exceptionally well.
So all I can say is, "More Irregulars please!"

Thanks Serenity! I'n glad your enjoying the writing. I'm a bit slow to grant your request, but another update is coming up in a few minutes.

Funny story about the next installment. The session detailed is the first one with Sasha's player (LadyMoon) at the table. On the ride there I told her all about the great maps Micah and Tmaas create, the multi-level airship, Rose Quarry, the Whitehearth maps, and so on and so forth.

Our first map of the night? Stacked Leggos on a battlemat. I mean it worked great for what we needed but... :heh:

The map of the Fallen Tower is great though, hopefully Micah will share. :)

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Update #36: The Priestess of Blackstone

The bare, dark stone greets her as she emerges from her cell, as familiar as the daily ritual of preparation and prayer. If only it could be as comforting. The dull metal sound of her greaves on the heavy stone echo in the broken church as she strides to the crumbling altar, bowing in prayer. Daylight is faint so deep in the City of Towers, doing little to illuminate the darkness of Blackstone Church. It is the solid core of her faith that provides her with illumination, the tenants and teachings of Dol Arrah and the clear certainty of a vision never forgotten.

Footfalls and voices break the peace of her prayers. She rises and wheels, alert for danger, no stranger to her even here in her refugee amidst the suffering of Fallen. The six people who walk through the arched entry of Blackstone are an unusual sight and inwardly she glowers. Jailors, gangs, city officials and mercenaries all desire terrible things from Fallen, and this group has the look of just such n outfit. Her expression remains placid as she greets them, “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” one of them steps forward. He is dressed in an over-sized cloak and crudely applied smudges do not hide his well-manicured features. Her suspicions deepen. “Are you Sasha Larkana?”

“I am. May I ask what brings you to Blackstone?”

“We are the faithful!” The figure that answers has every look of a Raver, thoug he is betraying none of their mannerisms. His answer draws an elbow from the one who responded to her greeting, who hastily introduces the group.

“My name is Ruel Dunnanne. Piety itself here is Dox, and these are Loki, Elisa, Alexandre and Audric,” Ruel introduces the disguised Dox and the rest of the Irregulars with an encompassing gesture. “We are looking to retrieve stolen property which we have reason to believe can be found here, in Fallen.”

Sasha considers this, “What reason do you have to suspect that these stolen items may be found here?”

Ruel gestures to Dox, “We found a body at the scene of the theft, which looked exactly as Dox here does now.”

Sasha strides forward, approaching them. She looks carefully at Dox, studying his guise. “Your… impersonation is quite flawless, though you act nothing like a Raver.”

“Thanks!” Dox beams. “How should a Raver act?”

“Violent and insane, of course,” she answers sharply. She looks closely at the Irregulars once more, “Are you new to Sharn?” She reaches for Dox’s hand, lifting it to study the tattoo on his palm.

“We’ve only been here a little while,” Dox nods. “I studied that tattoo closely, does it mean anything?”

Sasha hesitates, “You are aware that Ravers do not leave Fallen? That a Raver taking interest in anything outside this district is unheard of?”

“Well, first time for everything right?” Dox replies.

Sasha releases his hand, looking between Ruel and Dox once more, “What are your true intentions here?”

“The retrieval of the stolen property, nothing more. I witnessed the scene of the theft myself; it was done without any forced entry, without disturbing any of a series of wards and alarms, as well as without alerting any of the residence’s guards. All that was left was one body. It was not even apparent what killed him. We have no other lead to follow.”

Sasha studies Ruel’s earnest expression before answering, “What was stolen, exactly?”

“A piece of a statue, a marble arm,” Elisa produces the sketch from Ermineth that details the arm. Sasha examines it momentarily. “The tattoo is that of the Stone Keepers,” she says at last. “I will admit I have seen members of the Stone Keepers gathering up bits and pieces of sculpture in Fallen. I would consider it harmless, but if they have extended this activity outside of Fallen… that is not the kind of attention I would wish drawn to this district.”

Audric clears his throat, “Can you tell us where we can find these ‘Stone Keepers?’”

Sasha folds her arms, “I will do so. Further, I will lead you to where they make their home, at least, if they have not been driven out by another gang or moved on of their own accord, if you will make me a promise.” She looks each Irregular in the eye, “I ask that you do not bring harm to any of the people here except in self-defense and that you allow me to speak to any Raver group we might encounter before engaging in violence.”

“Our singular goal is the retrieval of the arm,” Ruel smiles. “We would be happy for you to guide us and accept those terms.”

“And all of you so promise?” Sasha looks to the group of Irregulars once more.

All the Irregulars agree, though Elisa adds, “That’s fine, but if I’m attacked, I’m not holding back any.”

Sasha nods, “That is wise, those who are truly beyond reason are fearless and savage beyond any understanding.”

The Priestess of Blackstone leads the Irregulars into the depths of The Fallen ruins. Blackstone church itself is mostly in one piece, but the majority of the rest of the district is made up largely of piles of rubble and the bones of buildings; broken stone support columns and a few free standing walls.

Clear paths through the debris are rare, and though Sasha leads them along the best route she knows, the Irregulars are forced to scramble over debris and loose rubble several times. Their progress creates a horrible racket that seems to fill the broken place. Every ear strains for signs of Ravers, and the group halts multiple times at half-imagined sounds of crumbling stone or voices. Sasha does not endure long pauses, however, and keeps the Irregulars moving rather than indulge their paranoia. “Better we keep ourselves a moving target, keep your mind on your footing,” she coaxes.

“Wait! I’m sure I hear… look out!” Dox ducks suddenly as a rock whistles by his head. “Ambush!”

Ruel looks back along the rock’s path, clearly seeing a hunched figure on a fragmented wall above them, then another near by. “Above us!” Ruel warns, as he moves in to the middle of the group of Irregulars, casting swiftly and surrounding himself in the familiar protection of Mage Armor.

A barrage of rocks falls amidst the Irregulars. One skitters across the ground at Elisa’s feet, while another smashes against Loki’s back, crumbling to pieces on his breastplate and drawing an annoyed grunt from the half-giant, “Looks like they have us surrounded.” He frees his greataxe and strides to the base of the stonework below the Raver that pelted him. A massive piece of masonry suddenly breaks off and nearly crushes the half-giant, who looks up to see a Raver gibbering unintelligibly at him. Loki grimaces and begins to clamber up the stonework.

Sasha scans the Raver group quickly, and her experienced eye quickly locates the group’s distinctive markings. “Blood Drinkers! Defend yourselves!” She along with the rest of the Irregulars free their bows and crossbows to return fire, forming a circle which Ruel happily remains in the center of.

Elisa grimaces as her arrow goes wide. “Come on down here!” she yells up at them. Behind her, Dox let’s fly with an arrow that sticks in the Raver above Loki. “Stay up there!” he shouts.

Alexandre and Audric load crossbows, but aside from Dox none of the Irregulars have any luck hitting any of the Ravers. Fortunately, the Ravers have equal bad luck and another volley of rocks patters harmlessly around the clustered Irregulars. Ruel conjures a field of Grease under a Raver, but he keeps his feet and moves higher on the stonework, out of the slippery field.

The Raver above Loki bellows, ripping out Dox’s arrow from his shoulder with a gout of blood. Reaching back to pick up a massive club he swings it two-handed down at Loki. The wild strike hits Loki in the head and there is a sickening crunch as the half-giants face is slammed into the stonework in front of him. Gritting back the pain, Loki hoists himself up and brings his great-axe to bear. His blade tears through the Raver’s unprotected flesh, but he only howls and brings his club back for another violent attack.

More rocks pelt at the Irregulars, one breaking harmlessly on Sasha’s steel armor. She looses an arrow at her attacker, who ducks behind the stonework to avoid being hit.

“Oh, this is pointless!” Elisa shoulders her bow and sprints towards a column with a group of the Ravers on top of it. She leaps up and grabs the lip of the stonework, hoisting herself up in a single smooth motion. The two Ravers kick and lash at her, but she weathers the attacks without harm and frees her greatsword as she steadies herself on the ledge.

“Good idea lass!” Alexandre charges for the base of the stonework and leaps up to grab the lip of it himself. He has a harder time pulling himself up and just barely keeps a white-knuckled grip on the edge of the column. One of the Ravers above hurls a rock at him, and he cringes as it clacks off the stonework by his head. “Give me a mast and rigging above this any day,” he mutters, struggling to find purchase in the rough stone, his feet sliding on the face of the column.

Dox nocks another arrow and looses it at a nearby Raver above them. The arrow bursts into flame in flight, striking the wild man in the gut, he hisses and stumbles but keeps his balance.

Audric and Ruel hurl bolt and magic into the melee between Loki and the Raver, but Audric’s bolt goes wide and Ruel’s Daze cantrip is shrugged off. The Raver’s greatclub arcs down but Loki meets it with the steel of his greataxe, throwing the Raver off-balance. Loki steals the momentum to bring his blade to bear on the Raver’s exposed side. The blow overcomes the wild man and he topples off the stonework, dead before he hits the ground.

A Raver lashes out at Elisa, trying to knock her off the stonework, but slips as he moves across the still active Grease spell, falling to the ground below with a mangled scream. The Raver rises to his feet quickly, screaming in rage. Elisa barely spares the fallen Raver a glance as his partner lurches forward to swing his club two-handed at her. She jerks out of its path, and then shifts forward to bring her blade down, opening a deep gash shoulder to hip. Bone and sinew is visible before blood clouds the terrible wound, yet the Raver does not go down, howling insanely at her. She snarls back and hefts her greatsword to strike again.

Below Sasha drops her bow and quickly frees her longsword, stepping from the knot of Irregulars to engage the fallen Raver. As she approaches a shadow crosses her vision and she swiftly glances upward. A Raver leaps onto Alexandre, still struggling on the stonework, and quickly wraps his arms around his neck, pulling back hard. Alexandre can’t hold on and the Raver twists him around so he is driven face-first into the loose stone and glass. On her opposite side another Raver attempts to climb down, but looses his grip and crashes to the ground, broken glass and jagged stone tearing open his arms and legs.

Dox continues to send arrows into the Ravers above the party, the shaft of his latest arrow bursting from the man’s gut in a cloud of grease. The Raver is injured, but keeps his balance in the sudden slick pool beneath his feet.

Alexandre and the Raver tousle on the ground, but Alexandre is up first, bleeding from dozens of small wounds. He draws his thinblade and skewers the Raver struggling to his feet. Audric charges across the debris and deftly delivers a swift kick to the gut of the rising Raver, drawing another grunt. The Raver lashes out from the ground, but can’t hit either of the agile Irregulars, now flanking him. Ruel casts Web, and the thick clinging tendrils cut off the other fallen Raver from the scattered Irregulars and bind another, completely entangling him. Loki clambers back down the stonework, as all the Ravers within reach have gone to ground.

The Raver before Sasha slams his club under her guard in a violent motion. Her plate armor cushions it from being a fatal blow, but she grimaces as the impact knocks her into the adjacent stone pillar. Her own blade flickers out, drawing a shallow gash in the Raver’s arm.

Elisa whirls away from another clumsy club strike from the Raver she is facing, and her blade arcs back around, separating head from body in a single swipe. She scans the melee below between the Priestess and the Raver, but the Web is preventing her from leaping down into the fight. “Damn wizards,” she mutters, switching back to her bow to pester the remaining Raver, twenty feet above and on another stone structure.

Loki moves towards the fallen Raver, writhing around wildly below Alexandre and Audric. Loki smirks, the Raver is doing more harm to himself on the churned glass than the nimble Irregulars dodging his club. Loki steps forward to deliver a killing blow…

…and the Ravers wild thrashing brings the club around straight for his head. The world explodes in bright painful light for the half-giant, then darkness as he keels over. Alexandre swiftly twists his thinblade into the Raver’s chest then brings his dagger across the man’s neck, ending his life in a quick, merciless slash. “Man down!” he calls out.

The Raver behind the Web shouts incoherently at the Irregulars, but moves around the magical obstruction. Dox looses an arrow at him, but it shatters on the stonework above his shoulder. Ruel clutches his Pearl of Power, conjuring the pool of Grease back between him and the Raver, but the agile barbarian does not falter, and licks blood from his face as he stares down the wizard.

Another rock bounces off the shoulder of her plate mail, but Sasha ignores it. The Raver before her drives his club down in another overhead attack, viciously breaking her guard and pummeling her again. She slashes back, cutting deep wounds, but she grimly realizes the man will not go down in the haze of rage that overtakes the Ravers in battle. She swiftly prays for the strength to weather another attack.

Ruel swallows as the Raver before him crosses his Grease spell with all the difficulty of walking through a puddle. His club is huge and it is all Ruel can do to raise his arms to ward off a strike to his head. The weapon slams into him; but the impact is absorbed, his Mage Armor weathering the strike. The Raver looks confused, and then snarls as an arrow from Dox snaps into his thigh. Ruel doesn’t stick around, swiftly retreating behind other Irregulars.

Alexandre scurries back to dig a potion out from Loki’s backpack while Audric moves beside him and looses a bolt that slams into the rock-tossing Raver’s gut. Despite weathering multiple Grease spells and several missiles from the Irregulars, the Raver meets his end trying to clamber down the stonework after Audric; the rock face crumbles from his grip. He falls hard and does not get up.

Sasha desperately tries to bring her shield between her and the Raver’s clubbing attacks, but he is too fast. Ribs crack and her vision contracts as she struggles with consciousness, but she keeps her feet, staggered. She stumbles back and calls on the healing of her God, casting Cure Moderate Wounds. Her call is answered and bone and flesh are made whole again.

Above Elisa whoops and grins as Sasha steps back, leaving her an opening to attack. She leaps from the edge of the stonework, freeing her greatsword as she falls. She lands carefully on two relatively flat pieces of rock, and it is almost as an afterthought that she extends her sword to balance her fall. The blade finds purchase: in the Raver assailing Sasha. Elisa smirks at Sasha and slides her blade free as the Raver slumps to the ground.

Dox strides forward to the edge of the Web. The last Raver remains tangled inside, struggling furiously in the binding strands of webbing. Carefully he sights an arrow and lets it fly. The arrow lodges through the Raver’s eye and into his brain, killing him in an instant. A moment later, the Web disappears, dismissed with a thought by Ruel.

The Irregulars take a moment to heal, Loki downing two Cure Light Wounds potions, the first administered by Alexandre, the second taken by the half-giant after he retakes his feet. Sasha moves up to Alexandre and Cures him as well. She bends by the dead Raver at his feet and lays a hand on his brow. “May he find peace now,” she whispers.

As the Irregulars spreads out to examine the bodies and retrieve spent arrows and bolts, Sasha calls them back together, “Do not stray! We must press onward, I can see that you are skilled, but we could be attacked again at any moment. It would not go well for any of you if you were caught alone.”

Needing no further encouragement, the Irregulars gather back together and press on through the ruins. Thankfully, they are not attacked again before reaching their destination, ground zero of the destruction of Fallen.

It is an old masonry structure, impaled by a massive glass spire. One half of the building is completely obliterated, nothing more than fractured glass and stone. The other holds the twisted, but mostly whole remains of the upside down glass tower cradled in between cracked stone walls. “Just as when I first laid eyes upon it, just as it was when it fell,” Sasha comments, staring at the fused structure.

“The Stone Keepers are inside?” Audric asks.

“I believe so. As I told you before, most of the Raver groups are… chaotic in the extreme,” she answers. “Yet, I do not believe we will find that this group has been displaced. Let’s go.” She strides forward, and the Irregulars follow her into the fused structure.

Micah

First Post
I can share a clip of the map, but not the whole map. It's a revision of Chris Wests impeccable cartography. One of those sticky legal areas and I don't want to cause waves.

LOL that's funny though about the maps. Heh, not just legos but the giant sized duplos in primary colors. Well every once in a while we need to tax your guys imagination! :lol:

Attachments

• The Upset Tower sm.jpg
    The Upset Tower sm.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 177

Serenity

First Post
Woohoo Update!

Nice update Phoenix! Sounds like a lot of cursed dice during the ranged volleys. :D
I liked the description of Alexandre getting slammed face first into the rubble and glass. Brutal!! (and I'm sure Alexandre's player wasn't too thrilled about it).

Anyway thanks for the update and keep 'em comin!!

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Serenity said:
Nice update Phoenix! Sounds like a lot of cursed dice during the ranged volleys. :D
I liked the description of Alexandre getting slammed face first into the rubble and glass. Brutal!! (and I'm sure Alexandre's player wasn't too thrilled about it).

Anyway thanks for the update and keep 'em comin!!

We were rolling some odd dice that night, I remember.

Tmaas couldn't hit us worth a lick with ranged attacks, I remember him complaining about not getting a result in double digits on most of the Raver's rock-tossing. On the other hand, he had no trouble making a lot of saving throws against Ruel's spells and hit quite well in melee. Neither Sasha nor Loki's armor class is anything to sneeze at, and he hit them consistently. Loki dropped where Alexandre and Sasha stayed on their feet largely because of the extra hit die he missed out on because of +1 LA. He gets a lot of power for it as a half-giant, but it is hard to get around low hit points.

Still, all the Irregulars will have cause to be thankful for Loki's presence before the day is done...

Remove ads