• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

A little embarrassed, Riardon sheathes his sword and looks if he can help with the small watercraft.

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2371191/
-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 39 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Nah need ta jomp inta th' watar sohn. Jus' get i'th' boot!"With a stubby forefinger, he points to a life boat hanging off the starboard rail.

Fenwick nods, and climbs out on the davits and into the launch, grabbing the oars and holding them tightly. "Lower boat down! Fenwick operate boat." he yells, looking to see if he can spot the fallen sailor in the water.

Tenchuu

First Post
Jin is right behind Fenwick, clutching his swords to make sure they stay in their scabbards as he jumps into the boat. With one hand still on the ancient blade, he grabs the seat with his other hand, bracing for when the boat drops.

"We'll find him," Jin stated with confidence.

[sblock=OOC]Failed both perception checks. I made a new diceroom with the exact adventure name.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The dwarf pats Jin on the back as he climbs in, "G'look!" His hand pulls the lever on the ratchet and the relatively small craft makes a thirty-five foot descent to the water's surface. Only a splash, and a jarring deceleration indicate that the boat has reached the waterline. The fog is so thick that Jin is having a hard time seeing over Fenwick's shoulder to Talon, who looks to be nothing more than a wraith clad in brown, stroking a ghostly wolf on the neck.

Fenwick grabs the rudder, while Talon, Riardon and Jin find oars under the benches. The launch is actually quite big enough for up to eight dwarves, or perhaps six grown men. At the bow of the boat is a hooded lantern, primed with whale oil, and a pouch of flint and tinder.

Upon striking the tinder on the lantern's wick, a circle of light is established that barely illuminates the area around the launch. Beyond that the fog turns an impenetrable white. Though the party can see nothing, a great deal of splashing can be heard at some distance, and the party follows the sound.

After rowing for only a few seconds, they hear a voice, "Hoorie! Hoorie! Don' a'let'em get me!" The splashing grows more and more intense, and now as they near the source of the sound, a faint light comes into view, just beyond the circle of ghostly fog.[sblock=Perception DC20]You see shapes swimming in the water, and there appears to be a humanoid form holding the light in its hand[/sblock]Immediately in front of the boat is the dwarf, floating in the water. Blood clouds the water all around him. Suddenly, he shrieks in terror, "Aaayiieeeemghnbglulb!" and disappears under the bloody water. As he goes down, his leg clears the waterline revealing that it has been impaled through the thigh with a javelin. When his leg disappears, another javelin soars through the air and embeds itself in the wall of the launch. [sblock=Encounter 1]Here we go. I need initiative rolls. I'll roll the bad guys last, and post stats as they show up. BTW: The dwarf in the map, below, indicates the dwarf's last known position. I'm too lazy to change it to a blood splotch now.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ManOverboardRound1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Only look here if you passed the last Perception skill check][sblock=Enemies]
DrownedOne.png
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Ambush!" Riardon calls, readying his sword and shield. Looking at the new javelin, he tries to conclude the direction of the thrower.

[sblock=OOC]
Perception, Initiative (1d20+7=18, 1d20+3=11)

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 15
Initiative:
Hit Points: 39 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Failed Perception again.
1D20 + 8 => 13

Using Dice Room name "Land Ho! FWBTHW"
[/sblock]

"No!" Jin said sharply, moving over to the spear, picking it up, and hurling it back at the light source. He felt as though his throw was true, but lost sight of the projectile almost immediately, and he had no way of knowing if the attack resulted in a hit.

In a hushed tone, he turned to the others, "perhaps we should snuff the lamp. It makes us visible. We wait and see if the deckhand emerges from the depths. If not, we move towards that light next time they attack."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Move, pickup javelin, throw it. Note, if the angle of the javelin doesn't look as though it could have come from the other boat then I'll have to retcon. But my words about next steps will stand either way.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Adjacent to Javelin
Minor: Pick up Javelin
Standard: Throw back at other glow

• Target: The enemy ship (since I can't see any of the targets, I'm just aiming for the center of the light source)
  • Attack: 1D20 + 6 => 21 Hit?
  • Damage: 1D6 + 3 => 8
[sblock=ignore]Standard: Twin Strike

• Target: Drake
  • Attack1: 1D20 + 6 => 8 miss
  • Damage1: N/a
  • Attack2: 1D20 + 6 => 15 miss
  • Damage2: n/a
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Jin Stat block]Ashikaga Jin'emon - Male Human Ranger 2
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +18, Passive Insight: +14
Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 32/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Acidic Katana 1d10+5
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Thrown Dagger 1D4+3

Powers:
At-Will:
Hunter's Quarry, Twin Strike, Shield of Blades, Hit & Run
Encounter: Off-Hand Strike, Acidic Katana Ranged Attack, Healer's Gift
Daily: Jaws of the Wolf, Acid Katana Attack

Weapons:
1 Acidic Katana (Acidic Bastard Sword +1 stats)
1 Katana (Bastard Sword stats)
[/sblock]Hope this works!
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=rolls]Perception check 1d20+9=12, and Init roll 1d20+4+2=8[/sblock]Unable to see if they are facing enemies in a boat or on nearby land, Talon thinks first of the dwarf in the water. Telling Dayna to stay with a pat on her rump, Talon takes one step to the front of the boat before jumping into the water right beside where the dwarf went out of sight. With luck, he'll be able to reach the dwarf quickly and haul him back up into the boat. Mmmmm, no. Retconed to later post in initiative order on next page.

Last edited:

Remove ads