[Adventure] Leader of the Pack ( DM: Velmont, Judge: ??? )

Velmont

First Post
As he get paid, the Innkeeper give the key to Myhtra. "Your room is on the ground floor, take the passage under the stairs, first door to your left. Have a nice night."

GM: Are you going to your bed or are you doing something else. It is not yet 20 o'clock. We are at the start of winter, so the day are short and night are long.

Luinnar

First Post
I have business to attend to. Mythra says, a portal opens up nearby and he uses his innate Eladrin abilities to step into the feywild.
[sblock=Velmont only]
I would like to add the Fey Beasttamer theme to Mythra (Owlbear) if that is OK with you.

Also Mythra would like to sneak the Owlbear into Bellegon's room if possible. ;)
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Khazim wait for Mythra and Bellegon to arrange for the room, but his keen ears catch something behind him. Two man murmurs behind his back, but loud enough to be overheard by him.

"You think he is a shifter... or worst... why hiding behind a mask." tells a high-pitched voice.

"I don't think. I've seen some flesh, and no fur." tells the second voice.

"He could have been ..." replies the first voice.

"Don't be a fool." interrupt the second voice "He would be mad at this time. At worst, he is a highwayman, we should warn the guards. If there is a price on his head, we could have some of the reward."

He hears the two person standing up and as they are leaving, Khazim identify the two voice as two halflings.
Khazim listens quietly, and doesn't turn to look at the halflings or otherwise indicate that he hears them. While the group walks to the room, he says to the others, "I've overheard something very interesting." He relates the conversation. "You might have observed that the festivities below were somewhat strained- they are drinking in order to ease some fear or unease. I believe that these two facts are related, and that my mask reminded the halfling of someone related to their troubles, who 'would be mad at this time.' I take this to mean either that the referent would be unwise to appear in public at this time or that they believe the referent is periodically insane." He pauses, and then adds, "Also we should keep an eye out for guards who think that I'm a bandit."

VanderLegion

First Post
Khazim listens quietly, and doesn't turn to look at the halflings or otherwise indicate that he hears them. While the group walks to the room, he says to the others, "I've overheard something very interesting." He relates the conversation. "You might have observed that the festivities below were somewhat strained- they are drinking in order to ease some fear or unease. I believe that these two facts are related, and that my mask reminded the halfling of someone related to their troubles, who 'would be mad at this time.' I take this to mean either that the referent would be unwise to appear in public at this time or that they believe the referent is periodically insane." He pauses, and then adds, "Also we should keep an eye out for guards who think that I'm a bandit."

"If it's going to be an issue, why don't you just remove the mask while we're in town?" Vander asks Khazim.

WEContact

First Post
"I'm no bandit. I suppose you could say I am a monk. As for the mask..." he touches it thoughtfully, looking down slightly. "I am no longer one of my people. At their command I left every shred of my heritage behind, but I could not part from my own face. I am obligated at least to refrain from representing them abroad. I might inadvertently spread the knowledge of their existence to parties who would act on that knowledge. We- They are a small, secretive people. Besides... I have grown accustomed to it, and I doubt my alien features would cause much less trouble than the mask does."

VanderLegion

First Post
"I...see," says Vander in a tone that indicates that he doesn't understand, but doesn't care enough to push it. "In that case, I guess we keep an eye out for guards."

"Don't you think you're overdoing it? I'm hiding because I don't like the Hellfire, but also because most people are not happy to see drow in the city. People dislike different, but having a hood passes as acceptable most of the time.

As does going to your room and remaining there."

Last edited:

Remove ads