[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

Pentius

First Post
Canus sees Belanaar go toward the door, and stops him with a hand across the chest. "Let me." he whispers, just loud enough for the lad to hear, "I've been stabbed before. If something stabby is over there, I'll take the heat."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Riaan shivers involuntarily at the sight, "Was your master experimenting with dark creaures or did he have enemies who could have breached his workshop?" the man asks Maerek, not yet stepping foot inside.

"I, I don't think so. I mean, Thurven wasn't always as careful as he should have been, but I can't imagine he'd allow something like this to happen. But perhaps some group of bandits decided to rob him?"

The door leads to a winding hallway with many branching paths. Maerek inspects the passages briefly, "Hmm, maybe we'll find answers in Thurven's quarters. Well, I'm pretty sure I know the way."

[sblock=Perception 20]As Maerek turns to tell you this, you hear the sound of metal scraping on stone from the hallway beyond.[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Wasn't sure if it was able to be passive'd, so I rolled for it anyway.

Belanaar's eyebrows raise and his scowl temporarily disappears as he hears a slight grinding sound in the hallway somewhere past Maerek.

"Maerek! Get back! There is someone or some... thing there!" He grabs the man by his shoulder and pulls him back a foot or two from the door.

[sblock=Mechanics]Perception Roll for Scraping Noise 1d20+14=24[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: Wasn't sure if it was able to be passive'd, so I rolled for it anyway.

GM: Unless I say otherwise, assume you can use your passive.

Maerek allows himself to be pulled back and looks down the hallway. There is no sound or movement. "Perhaps it was just some machinery? We still need to go down there."

Pentius

First Post
Canus shrugs and begins to creep carefully and quietly down the hallway. "How did I get stuck on point?" he thinks. "That'll teach me to stick my neck out." Slowly turning his rod over in his fingers, Canus keeps his eyes open, and remains ready to jump back at the first sign of danger.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
You move through corridor after corridor, down stairwell after stairwell. The hallways are lined with doors, but Maerek seems to know where he's going. Mostly. Occasionally he leads you down a dead-end or in a circle, but he always manages to reorient himself with a minimum of time wasted. The hallways are just as empty and silent as the main workshop. The occasional bloodstain mars the walls, but you still see no sign of who caused this destruction.

No sign, that is, until you reach an intersection between two corridors. Suddenly the rooms around you seem to erupt with the sound of metal skittering over stone. Maerek looks from side to side, fear plain on his face. Whatever is causing this noise will be on you in a matter of moments.

GM: Initiative and a rough marching order, if you please.

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Initiative (1d20+4=12)

Second from the front, ideally

[sblock=Quick Stats]kal'Tarron, Deva Avenger 6 Speaks in Bold Purple[/B
HP 56/56 Temp HP 0 Initiative +4 AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 19 AP 1, Surges 8/8, (14hp)

+1 defense against bloodied creature, Resist 8 Necrotic, Radiant, 2 Posion, Censure of Retribution, Sanguine Vestments +1 (+1 defense when OoE target is bloodied), Amulet of Health +1, Coif of Mindiron

Bond of Retribution Radiant Vengeance Avenging Echo Halo of Fire Oath of Emnity Chanel Divinity Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes Bloodclaw Great Axe Coif of MindironAspect of Might Blessing of Vengeance Couter of Second Chances Menacing Presence Wrath of the Divine
Special [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases