[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 reflected on the past few days of being unable to move with annoyance, but he felt incapable of knowing what it must have been like for his much more mortal companions. He has stood still for months at a time before, so this sort of situation wasn't completely foreign to him (albeit he wasn't being constantly poked and questioned). But the squishy ones never seem to have that kind of time, since their bodies have a limited span before they expire. He wonders what they think about when they can't move. Or when they're not awake.

When the group gets uncomfortable about Pis' situation as a changeling, Unit 16 stands and quietly unbuckles his shield. It falls to the ground with a large thud, and in its place on his forearm glows a bright blue dragonmark: a mark of warding. We all have secrets, he tells them. All of us have something to hide and we only hide it for our own survival (he looks a Ryda poignantly). Now we know Pis' secret. Now you know mine. Nothing about these secrets changes who we are or what we have been to each other. Pis' transformation means nothing to Unit 16. But he intends to keep the secret, because it is clearly important to his friend.

Fighting battles comes naturally to Unit 16: he was literally born to do it. For him, constant ambushes are a way of life. It is the same in social situations for which he is not prepared. But he continues to solider on, battle after battle. At first it was because that's what he was made to do: but now he does it because he chooses to. And for him, that makes all the difference.

He is happy to respect Ryda's request for distance and Jarren's quiet mood. And he hopes that Talkrai seems to be looking a bit better, and can find the strength to solider on as well. This is our life: we are adventurers by choice, and sometimes the choice isn't easy. But we are adventurers because we don't give up.

When the group finally departs, Unit 16 heads straight to Wroat. He is sure to check with Jasper's staff as to what name they used when they presented him to the healers, and where he might be located, just in case Pis didn't look quite the same when he saw him next.

At the same time: he felt confident he would know who he was.

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Awesome posts guys, too bad I can't give anybody XP again yet either.

Special thanks to Bob for helping me get my head straightened out. Jarren will be sticking around. Looking forward to gaming again with you all soon. :)

twilsemail

First Post
Din is resting, somewhat peacefully, in the care of House Jorasco. He’s off in a corner and most others around him forget he’s even there. Silently watching those around him he jumps as the door opens and his companions step in. Panic crosses his face as he sees them approaching him and he appears for a second to melt. Halfork, Khoravar and human features wash over him as he tries to calm down and look presentable. His features slowly coalesce into Pis Memish again, shame written plainly across them.

Before much else can be said, he explains that he doesn’t know how to be “Din the Changeling.” If the party is alright with traveling with Pis, he would be glad to rejoin them.

[sblock=OOC]I could continue with assumptions as to how the party would react, but I’m not at all sure.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren's mood seems to have lightened on the way to Wroat, as if he once again feels sure of his path. With the grim events of the last few days, there is an allure to the idea of disappearing, seeking his way alone and free once more, but he knows in his heart that he'll find no enlightenment through fleeing all of life's troubles. These companions have earned his respect and his loyalty, and to slink away now would be craven.

Din is resting, somewhat peacefully, in the care of House Jorasco. He’s off in a corner and most others around him forget he’s even there. Silently watching those around him he jumps as the door opens and his companions step in. Panic crosses his face as he sees them approaching him and he appears for a second to melt. Halfork, Khoravar and human features wash over him as he tries to calm down and look presentable. His features slowly coalesce into Pis Memish again, shame written plainly across them.

Before much else can be said, he explains that he doesn’t know how to be “Din the Changeling.” If the party is alright with traveling with Pis, he would be glad to rejoin them.

Jarren just smiles and claps Pis on the shoulder. "Welcome back, Pis. It's good to see you well."

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda watches Pis/Din as he explains himself, studying him carefully. You know, it stung to be deceived, she says, no hint of emotion in her voice, surprising given how animated she usually is. And to learn about you in a manner such as we did, was most unpleasant. We were already being ambushed and potentially stabbed in the back, and then to discover one of our own … bah! She mutters, waving a dismissing hand at Pis and turning away slightly.

Continuing her speech she adds, There was much discussion over this, and a wise … woman… pointed out that the worth of a man is not what they look like, or what their race is known for, but in their actions and their heart. Though you were near death, you tried to dash through them all to stop them from escaping. Daring move… foolish and ultimately deadly, but daring. And do you know what that shows me? Other than you lack of sense, it shows that you value the group more than your life, and that good sir, is the highest form of friendship I can think of. Dashing over, she quickly wraps up the confused Pis in a crushing hug before whispering in his ear, And if you ever do that again, I’ll kill you myself, understand?

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]If anyone else has stuff to say please continue on. I'm going to simultaneously move to the tavern and queue up again since this adventure is technically over.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Pis smiles and greets each of his companions. He quickly notes those who are missing. "Talkrai... Priam... What did I miss while I was out?" He frowns, looking concerned. "Perhaps we should be discussing on our way to Sharn? I know there were resolutions to our problems, but I don't know much beyond this. Apparently whoever left me here didn't want to tell the Halflings their secrets."

He climbs laboriously out of bed and begins armoring himself in the chainmail they saw him in last. Once he's finished, the armor shimmers and shifts into the foppish garb they've come to expect.

[sblock=OOC]I'm cool with Pis getting updated on the way there and fast forwarding if that's what everyone prefers. I assumed Talkrai had already parted ways as LL seemed disinclined to continue playing her. I can edit the post if she'd prefer.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases