Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
If someone would volunteer to figure how much is garnered from selling your loot (you get 50% of retail value, I believe), and dividing it among the PCs, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Xael

First Post
3 Mw Rapiers. 480 gp.
Mw Studded Leather. 87 gp, 5 sp.
Mw Hand Crossbow. 200 gp.
100 gp looted.

Total of: 867 gp, 5 sp.

That would be 197 gp, 5 sp for everyone. Note that I didn't include the Cure Light Wounds and Invisibility potions in it, since Juliana and Ogrin wanted them (right?).

EDIT: I'M STUPID AND BAD AT MATH, IGNORE OPTIONS 2 AND 3, AND READ POST 784.

1. If Juliana doesn't want the potion, then everybody gets 202 gp, 5 sp.

2. If we reduce Juliana's share by 25 gp (half the price of the potion) then everyone else get 203 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp and Juliana gets 172 gp, 5 sp and the CLW potion.

3. If we reduce Juliana's share by 50 gp (price of the potion), then everyone else get 209 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gains 147 gp, 5 sp and the potion.

I'd suggest voting whether we use 2 or 3. I prefer option 2.

Everybody also gets the 150 gp reward, and received 50 gp at the beginning of the adventure.

Did I miss something or miscalculate? (EDIT: Yes I did.)

(From a mathematical point of view, I would like to note that in option 2, Juliana actually gains more threasure than others if you look at the total market price, but in option 3 he gets less. So neither 2 or 3 are actually completely even, but I can't be bothered calculating completely fair distribution amount by using functions or something right now...)

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
All right, I lied. I did calculate more even distribution. It wasn't hard, I was just being stupid and divided the amount removed from Juliana's amount to only the other characters. I just needed to divide the amount between everybody.

1. If Juliana doesn't want the potion, then everybody gets 202 gp, 5 sp.

4. If you consider the potion to be worth 50 gp, then everybody else would get 207 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gets 157 gp, 5 sp and the potion.

5. If you consider the potion to be worth 25 gp, then everybody else would get 202 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gets 177 gp, 5 sp and the potion.

Everybody also gets the 150 gp reward, and received 50 gp at the beginning of the adventure.

So now I'd vote for option 5. Consider options 2 and 3 to be incorrectly calculated.

I'm tired and bad at math. Tired + Math = Bad. :heh:

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
#5 sounds fine to me, particularly since she wants the potion :) That's 3 votes :)

If anyone wants any weapons or armor made, Juliana is willing to do so, and will charge a reasonable fee (Once I clairify how much it's going to cost her in time, and potentialy craft points)

Let me know here if you wish something. She can craft weapons, bows, and armor, but only non-magical ones. I believe she can craft masterwork items though, and in most cases, do it by taking a 10.

rln

Explorer
OOC: Dear lord, I skip a day of reading and find you're halfway back to Orussus :)

"I'm interested in that potion of disappearance. It might come in handy for a man in my line of business. Of course, I'll take a lesser cut of the moneyOh, and yes, we sold the rapiers earlier, in that backwater village where we got our weapons silvered. I have the coins right here."

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
I noticed another error. I remembered the price of the Potion of Invisibility wrong (I must have been thinking the price of scrolls, which are only half as expensive). And since Ogrin wants it, here are the new calculations.

3 Mw Rapiers. 480 gp.
Mw Studded Leather. 87 gp, 5 sp.
Mw Hand Crossbow. 200 gp.
100 gp looted.

Total income from selling stuff (Excludes the potions): 867 gp, 5 sp.

4. If you consider the potions to be worth the market price, then everybody else would get 217 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gets 167 gp, 5 sp and the potion, and Ogrin would actually have to pay others. So I suppose we ignore this option, since nobody was in favor of it anyway.

1. If Ogrin doesn't want the potion (possible after I corrected my pricing mistake), then everybody else get 217 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gets 192 gp, 5 sp and the potion.

5. If you consider the potions to be worth half the market price (everybody seems to think so), then everybody else would get 217 gp, 5 sp, while Juliana gets 192 gp, 5 sp and the potion, and Ogrin would get 22 gp, 5 sp, the potion, 2 alchemist fires, and a tanglefoot bag.

Option 5 has been practically chosen, unless Ogrin doesn't want the potion now because of my earlier pricing mistake. He still gets it for half-price though. Waiting for a confirmation from rln.

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
OOC: After thinking some more... Since noone actually claimed the alchemists fire vials and the tanglefoot bag, I'll take those instead of some cash - doesn't change any calculations though.

Too bad for Almayce that he didn't get the spellbook, but on the other hand I believe learning level 1 spells is pretty cheap, no?

Remove ads