• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Atriden

First Post
Garry sends the others a wolfish look as they approach and signals that he has spotted someone inside the building. He moves next to the others and whispers " Spotted someone's granny inside, no real threat. She might be heading our way through a back door further down the alley. We could spring her and grab the keys from her... "

The druid suddenly notices Alnar's expression is one of disapproval "...or we could leave and come back when she has properly left the place, what say you? "

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Signals the others
Moves Action: Moves next to Alnar
Standard: Nothing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bobode

First Post
[sblock=thanks]
Thanks for the quick answer, and thanks for having me. I am at the Hanged Man ATM, but I will have time to post tomorrow and think of a logical way to enter the game :)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=welcome to the group!]
Welcome to the group! One possibility is that you could be a someone who heard that the Tiefling needs help getting his boat out, and you were planning on breaking in to help him.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Bobode]Welcome to the group![/sblock]
Bann-ur moves to the far wall after hearing that the woman is coming out of the building so that the group is not bunched up or seen to be loitering in the middle of the street for no good reason.

Move: to L/-12 to keep an eye on the guard outside.

pacdidj

First Post
In the Alleyway

[sblock="Perception 19"]During a short lull in the wind you hear a faint 'snick' from the back of the office, indicating perhaps that a back door has just been locked.[/sblock]

Through the corner of the window your group can see that all the lights in the customs office have now been extinguished, leaving it nearly pitch black inside. Wondering where the old woman went, Ferris peeks round the corner and sees the front door open, and hears faint snatches of conversation between the elderly clerk, and the young guard.

"...ledger reconciled finally, your uncle'll be happy..." "...help you home missus?" "...in the morning then." "...'night missus."

On the Street

The City Watchman keeps strolling straight down Carenvale Blvd. He looks faintly puzzled, but nods his greetings as he sees Bann-ur apparently leaning casually against the building across the street in the middle of a rainstorm. This visual puzzle proves enough of a distraction that he does not look down the opposite alleyway, and thus misses the rest of the party crouched there in the shadows.

map

[sblock=tokens]Let me know if you have an image you'd like to use for your character's token. So far I've just been using PHB2 artwork for Bann-ur, Alnar, and Ferris. Jezebel's token is her character portrait, and I found a nice still of The Wolfman for Garry.[/sblock]

Attachments

• E 1b r4.jpg
    E 1b r4.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 95

Bobode

First Post
Verloc was getting more and more impatient. This wasn't his first break-in, but it was quickly evolving into the most annoying. It already started to annoy him when that darn old lady just wouldn't go home, but it got even worse when some tall human with yellow eyes and feral features suddenly came sneaking directly towards his position at the window. Having to hide in the back of the alley he saw the man staring into the window he had only moments earlier been spying on himself.

Just as he thought the feral-featured man was about to leave, he was joined by three other humanoids. The four we're standing just outside the window, speaking muffled, unintelligible sounds.

How come they seem to be looking for a way in? Berekis didn't tell me that he hired another crew to procure his departure papers. He must have set me up! But why? He wouldn't know that I... no, impossible! Then, who is this heterogeneous group? Best wait and see what they are up to...

[sblock=stat block]
Joox/Verloc, Male Changeling Rogue 1
Initiative: +4; Passive Insight: 17; Passive Perception: 10
Senses: Normal
AC: 16; Fort: 12; Reflex: 16; Will: 15
HP: 32/32; Surges: 8 hp, 8/8
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Skills: Bluff +11, Insight +7, Intimidate +9, Stealth +9, Streetwise +9, Thievery +9
Languages: Common
Str: 8, Con: 15, Dex: 18, Int: 10, Wis: 10, Cha: 18

Powers:[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Changeling Disguise, Clever Strike, Sly Flourish, Duelist’s Prowess Attack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Second Wind, Changeling Trick[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Duelist’s Prowess [/FONT]

Ammo:
Sling: 20/20

[/sblock]

Bobode

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I imagine Verloc's position to be around N16, though I don't know if there are any other ways out than the way I came in.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

samursus

Explorer
Perception 18: Fail

Ferris turns to the others and whispers in his low voice.
"The elder is leaving out the front door, now may be our chance..."

[sblock=Bobode] Welcome and salutations! [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Perception 12 Fail.

I thought I heard something, must be the wind.

Let us wait a little bit for the guard and the old lady to travel further away, than we can.. wait, there was that noise again.

[sblock=ooc]Just trying to set up us finding Verloc ;)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads