• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stealth and Perception checks (1d20-1=8, 1d20+5=8)

Bann-ur tries to open the door (assuming its not locked) and steps loudly into the room before trying to look around in the darkness. Seeing that the others are using the light to begin working with the papers they found, Bann-ur pulls out a sunrod from his backpack and prepares to use it.

(Not lighting up my sunrod this round. And when he does light it up he will have the lit end wrapped in his massive palm so he can let out just a little light at a time. If the door is locked, then he will inform the others so that they can try and open the lock.)

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=Phoenix]The door is locked. See Bann-ur's actions in this post. He can either wait for Garry and Verloc, or attempt to open it now with a strength check.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bann-ur whispers to the others that this door is locked and their skills would be required to open it quietly.

OOC: He informs the others and waits. Quiet is paramount as far as he's concerned and they've made more noise than desired already.

pacdidj

First Post

On the Street

The guard listens with increasing confusion evident on his face as Alnar and Jezebel attempt to talk him into abandoning his post to go to a tavern. "But what about the ritual?" the young man asks.

"This fella here just said if'n we make a ring of steel we can hold the oni off," he says, pointing at Ferris.

He is nonetheless obviously worried about the prospect of a man-eating demon bursting through the door at any moment. "Still, I don't wanna stand about and hope for some magic tricks to protect me, but my uncle'll be awful mad if I go off to a tavern and leave some monster to wreck the office..."

At this point the watchman hears a low snarl emanate from the office, as Garry expresses his frustration with Verloc. "Maybe I better go call a Watchman. Don't want to go up there and ring that bell. That thing sounds hungry..."

[sblock=New Round]Round 13

Inside

Garry: Tied up helping Verloc finish the forgery (can still speak or use free actions)

Bann-ur: You're up!

Joox/Verloc: Tied up finishing the forgery (can still speak or use free actions)

Outside
Ferris: You're up!

Alnar: You're up!

Jezebel: You're up!

The guard is partway to believing the tales that Jezebel and Alnar are spinning. It will take a bit more convincing for him to leave his post, though. We'll need successful Bluff and Intimidate vs. DC 15 from the group outside again this round.

Inside, Garry and Verloc are both be tied up this round finishing the forgery. Bann-ur can take actions as normal.

No change in map since last update.

Items found:
2/3
Group Failures: 0/3
[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
"Ah, yes. Mayhaps this lamp isn't bright enough! Surely we can continue the Ritual someplace brighter, where we can make use of the brave and intrepid souls at The Hanged Man tavern. I hear many practitioner's of the Arcane and Divine frequent there!" Ferris feels like things are getting a bit out-of-control, as he desperately attempts to weave this web of lies into a coherent plan.

Aid Another: Bluff 17, Intimidate 8

Luinnar

First Post
"Ah, yes. Mayhaps this lamp isn't bright enough! Surely we can continue the Ritual someplace brighter, where we can make use of the brave and intrepid souls at The Hanged Man tavern. I hear many practitioner's of the Arcane and Divine frequent there!" Ferris feels like things are getting a bit out-of-control, as he desperately attempts to weave this web of lies into a coherent plan.

Aid Another: Bluff 17, Intimidate 8
Yes, excellent observation! Oni hate light as well, that would be a great place to go. We better hurry before they come!

[sblock=Bluff 19, Intimidate 22]rolls.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Jezebel and Bann-ur still have unused actions this round. Once I have either actions or passes from them I'll update with a new round.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bann-ur will pass for this round as well. If the others are still busy next round, then maybe he'll try busting down the door. But I'll see what happens with the guard outside first. Maybe they'll be able to lead him away first. If not, then my noisy busting down of the door might add a little pep to his step. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads