• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

pacdidj

First Post
In the Office

Verloc deftly opens the lock on the door, then counts his lucky stars that he did so at the top of his form, for he notices a small tumbler in the door jamb that emits a faint glow. It's a safe bet that this tumbler would have triggered a trap had Verloc made any clumsy motions while opening the lock.

Relieved, the rogue steps aside for the goliath. Bann-ur steps into the next room, and scans the area. He is unable to see much save a small corner of the room, which, by its furnishings, he deduces to be another office, likely that of the Chief Customs Officer. On top of a large, polished hardwood desk he notes a small pile of coins, and next to the desk he sees a small, but very sturdy looking lockbox (at D14). He moves over to the lockbox intending to search it but realizes that it is locked, and that the lock looks large, sturdy and complex.

On the Street

Ferris continues to make his way back toward the office, while Alnar, Jezebel, and the guard disappear into the thick fog as they move northward along the street.

map

[sblock=New Round]Round 16 (9 rounds remain)

Inside

Garry: You're up!

Bann-ur: You're up!

Joox/Verloc: You're up!

Outside
Ferris: You're up!

Alnar: En-route to the Hanged Man with the guard.

Jezebel: En-route to the Hanged Man with the guard.

Items found: 2/3
[/sblock]

Attachments

• E 1b r16.jpg
    E 1b r16.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

samursus

Explorer
Ferris continues to the back door of the Customs Office, announcing himself with a whispered growl, "It's me, Ferris! Alnar and Jezebel have the guard under wraps...FOR NOW! What can I do to help?!"

[sblock=Actions] Double Move to back door. [/sblock]

Bobode

First Post
Verloc moves inside the room closely behind the goliath. Immediately he notices a pile of coins awaiting him on top of a desk. It seems like that stupid goliath is occupied with some kind of box, he wouldn't mind me taking this little payment for my services. Acting quickly while Bann-Ur is still occupied with the lockbox and before Garry notices the coins, Verloc moves to the table and silently slips the coins into a hidden pocket.

[sblock=actions]
Move: to E12
Action: take the coins on the table without gaining the attention of Garry or Bann-ur. Stealth check (or thievery maybe... it's the same bonus!): 15
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
In the Office

Ferris enters the office through the back door and announces his return. Meanwhile, Verloc slips quietly into the back room, and seeing the pile of coins sitting on the desk he quickly pockets them. Being preoccupied with the lockbox and distracted by Ferris' whispered announcement, Bann-ur doesn't notice the rogue's deed. Garry however, with his wolf-like sense of hearing, hears the subtle but distinct *clink* of the coins as they fall into Verloc's pocket.

ooc: Verloc just beat Bann-ur's passive perception, but Garry's is freaky high.

map

[sblock=actions]Round 16 (9 rounds remain)

Inside

Garry: You're up!

Joox/Verloc: Moves to E12. Pockets coins.

Outside
Ferris: Runs to L7. Alerts other party members about the situation.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• E 1b r16_2.jpg
    E 1b r16_2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=Wiki Issues and OOC]It seems that En World is having wiki problems. We'll try to play through as best we can. If you don't have your character backed up somewhere, you can find them here. Someone was kind enough to port over the L4W characters shortly before the old wiki went down.

We're currently waiting on Garry's actions to finish the round. How will he react to Verloc's theft? Will he reproach the changeling? Ignore the act? Or do something else entirely?[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]In the interests of moving things along, I'm going to go ahead and NPC Garry until further notice from Atriden.[/sblock]

In the Office

Garry flashes his light in the direction of the back door to confirm that the speaker actually is Ferris. Once satisfied, he nods his greeting to the shifter and says to Ferris in a loud whisper, "There's a stack of forms on that desk that need to be returned to the chest up front. I'm going to, um... help search in back."

He flashes his light at the southern desk (J6-I7) to indicate the forms, and the chest in the front of the office (K1-J1), so that Ferris has some idea of where he's going in the dark.

The werewolf then strides into the back room. Pushing the door almost shut behind him, but carefully leaving it unlatched. He then whispers in Verloc's ear:

[sblock=Verloc]If you want to keep those coins and your skin, you'd best plan on giving half of them to me![/sblock]
After his private conversation with the rogue, Garry pulls the cloth off of his sunrod, so as to allow for easier searching of the back room.

map

[sblock=actions]Round 16 (9 rounds remain)

Inside

Garry: Speaks to Ferris. Moves to E11. Whispers to Verloc. Uncovers sunrod.

Joox/Verloc: Moves to E12. Pockets coins.

Ferris: Runs to L7. Alerts other party members about the situation.

Outside

[/sblock]

Attachments

• E 1b r16_3.jpg
    E 1b r16_3.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 77

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="ooc to all"]It seems like we've sort of stalled out here. Is everyone still following the thread? Haven't heard from Atriden for a while, and we're currently waiting on Phoenix to post Bann-ur's actions to finish the round.

I'll be traveling over the Easter weekend. But, I should be able to update at least once if we can finish this round.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=still here]I'm here. I figured people were posting slowly because the wiki is down (but that's no excuse!)

Jezebel doesn't have much to say at the moment. In fact, it kinda seems like we should wrap up the skill challenge at this point, seeing as how the guards are gone, we have 2/3 successes, and no failures. Can we just take 10 or something to find the last piece of the forgery equipment?[/sblock]

Remove ads