[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Alnar spots the book and takes it from the skeleton and begins reading it. Not much useful here he mumbles to himself.

"I don't think there's nothing useful here. See, it says: I am important and smart and cannot be bothered to check the cave before I relax, there are menial types for that.

More importantly, it says we may not want to split the gems just now, since we may need them as 'pretty baubles' that locals want or need for something."

OOC: I don't mind the split as is

While others prepare and go about their morning rituals and cleaning, Cyr stands clear under the sky with his face upturned, droning song can be heard, but it's hard to distinguish words

After about ten minutes, small will-o-wisp or ball lightning appears in front of him and he asks in somewhat clearer voice:

"If we return to gnome village and confront their leader who sent us here, will we advance our goal in finding marna?"

After the hand answers:
"If we take the head of largest crocodile back to the natives, would they consider it worthy feat, sign of their spirits" - he raises his right hand - "or something unworthy or sacrilegious?" - he raises his left hand

[sblock=Ritual Hand of Fate]ritual which gives answers to three questions. In this case simple yes/no, it values high risk high reward over low risk low reward.

I'm usually asking only one question, since there is rarely more then that needed for hte next hour or so.

Feel free to ask other questions (if you recognize the ritual)

I was considering asking how to silence Sir Ex, but I need to ask aloud and I doubt it would sit well with him :)
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"If we return to gnome village and confront their leader who sent us here, will we advance our goal in finding marna?"

The spectral hand hesitates for a moment, then makes a fist with a thumb pointing upward toward the sky, which anyone familiar with gladiatorial arenas will recognize as a gesture of approval.

"If we take the head of largest crocodile back to the natives, would they consider it worthy feat, sign of their spirits" - he raises his right hand - "or something unworthy or sacrilegious?" - he raises his left hand.

The hand points its index finger straight toward Cyr's raised left hand. It then makes an open-palmed gesture, obviously awaiting a third question.

[sblock=Wiki Sheets]Things I noticed on your CS updates:

@Luinnar - Bardic Dilettante feat is missing in Alnar's summary block; in your "Class Features" section the strength bonus for Draconic Power should read +2 instead of +4; Might want to update your approvals section to indicate that you now need approval for level 2 as well as overhaul; What is the sourcebook for your invigorating presence power? I'm assuming it's your choice for a Level 2 utility, but I can't seem to find it in the Compendium, except as a Level 16 Warden utility, and I don't have CB handy at the moment.

@Dekana - Nothing. Good job.

@samursus - Might want to add a separate section for Level 2 approval, with approval 1 and approval 2 blanks just like your level 1 approval, in your Judges comments section. This'll make it easier on the judges.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Wiki Sheets]Things I noticed on your CS updates:

@Luinnar - Bardic Dilettante feat is missing in Alnar's summary block; in your "Class Features" section the strength bonus for Draconic Power should read +2 instead of +4; Might want to update your approvals section to indicate that you now need approval for level 2 as well as overhaul; What is the sourcebook for your invigorating presence power? I'm assuming it's your choice for a Level 2 utility, but I can't seem to find it in the Compendium, except as a Level 16 Warden utility, and I don't have CB handy at the moment.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Thanks, I corrected the mistakes.
Invigorating presence in on page 169 of the Players Handbook 3. It is a skill utility power, so anyone trained in the skill can take it. :)[/sblock]

Alnar, seeing Cyr decides to try his own hand at divination.

Alright Draco, should we go to see the Gnomes? Make boots out of the crocs?

What do you mean you don't know!
Alnar says jokingly. No I don't think you are a ritual!

Go bother Sir Exsixten, will you?

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
After nearly half-an-hour of standing quietly in the cave watching the party eat breakfast and break camp, a faint hum begins to come from Sir Exsixten's chest. It slowly gets louder and louder then suddenly stops as Sir Exsixten jerks into motion.

CITIZENS OF JUSTICE, NOW IS OUR HOUR! IT IS TIME TO BRING WAR TO THE WARLOCK, LOCK DOWN HIS EVIL SORCERIES AND SMITE HIM WITH THE PLUMP BACKHAND OF JUSTICE! FEAR NOT IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY, FOR SIR EXSIXTEN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE WORD ADVERSITY MEANS <SYNTAX-MATRIX FAULT: ADVERSITY NOT FOUND>.

Sir Exsixten marches about, helping people pack by picking up random things like bones, sticks, snakes, scraps of rotting clothing and rusty weapons, frogs, and chunks of moss and packing them into people's bags.

IT IS THE DAWN OF A NEW AGE AND THAT AGE IS ONE, FOR ONE WARLOCK IS ABOUT TO CATCH THE BOOT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WITH THE TESTICLES OF CORRUPTION! FORWARD!

Sir Exsixten then leads the way, wading out into the swamp in no particular direction.

Last edited:

Cyr looks in amusement at tireless warforged, but maintains the ritual for a moment more.

"Everyone, if you want to ask a question about future, give me options you think are available and I'll ask of my lord guidance. It indicates that we should confront gnome leader and that we should leave dead crocodiles in the marsh.

One, this way or that will advance your quest of finding Marna, then we can go and see the ruins. Taking crocodile trophies would have bad implication in relationship with the natives in a manner I'm not familiar with."

Pausing to see if there are any takers for questions...

OOC: if anybody asks and offers options, Cyr asks the question
[sblock=If nobody asks]
"My lady Mireva, my lord, King of Skies above, I know this is irregular question, but would my search of ancient evil stirring, as indicated in your vision, be furthered by allying myself with these adventurers even if it takes me bit off direct path to the ruins?"

Cyr awaits reverently, not feeling dissapointed if the hand just winks out of existance. He knows their wisdom is much greater and feelings of importance are one of the greater failings of mortal races.

He's still adjusting to his new role as voice of the gods instead of guardian of angels and doesn't quite know what to do with such power as asking gods questions directly.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Cyr relates Alnar's question to the divine apparition and the hand quickly gives a decisive thumbs down gesture, clearly indicating a negative response. The hand then fades, ever so slowly, out of existence.

Last edited:

OOC: I was ready to say it was illegal question, but thanks pacdidj :)

"Thank you for your guidance, Lord of the Sea, Undisputed Ruler of the Sky and King of gods."

Cyr whispers ending to a prayer and turns toward his new companions

"Is everyone ready? I suggest we head back to gnome village to return Sir X610 and see what can we find out about Marna."

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, it's not necessarily legal, or in the spirit of the ritual as Alnar framed it. But I was envisioning that Cyr, who is more familiar with the ritual, might have phrased the question as "Should we trust the motives of all the tribesfolk who sent us to find the missing object?" or something like that. Phrasing it that way is more like describing a course of action, rather than a purely qualitative question, and I think it falls within a broad interpretation of what Hand of Fate is supposed to do.

So anyway, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, and as the hand indicated, not everyone the PCs spoke with previously can be trusted.[/sblock]

Remove ads