[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten turns to Cyr, his voice dropping half-an-octave with no discernible decrease in volume. OF COURSE GOOD CITIZEN, SIR EXSIXTEN EXISTS BUT TO SERVE AND PROTECT AND UTTERLY CRUSH THE EVILS THAT STOMP AROUND FLATTENING THE SCURRYING BUGS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY UNDER THE IRON HEEL OF MURDER AND OPPRESSION. AND IF MORE FLIGHTLESS WATER DRAGONS BE ABOUT, FEAR NOT! THEY WILL CRASH UPON THE WALL OF SIR EXSIXTEN LIKE DEMONS TEARING AT THE MURDEROUS EDGES OF REALITY, BUT FAILING.

He turns to Jezebel. EXCELLENT! SIR EXSIXTEN AND THE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE - ALWAYS USEFUL TO HAVE A DESCRIPTOR FOR YOUR BAND OF GALLANT HEROES SHOULD A PRE-BATTLE MONOLOGUE BE REQUISITE. AND, THOUGH THERE BE NO TREES OF AWESOME IN THIS DAUNTON OF JUSTICE, PERHAPS THERE WERE SOME BUSHES OF BEAUTY? GRASS OF GREATNESS? A SHRUB OF SPECTACULARITY?

Sir Exsixten places his axe on his back and strikes a dramatic pose, adjusting his position several times for optimal back-lighting from the fires. THEY MAY LOOK A MITE SHABBY, BUT THESE CITIZENS WILL MAKE EXCELLENT SIDE-KICKS FOR; THE ADVENTURES OF SIR EXSIXTEN AND THE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE[FONT=verdana, arial], THE RESPLENDENT SIR EXSIXTEN THOUGHT, STRIKING A HEROIC AND HANDSOME POSE.

[sblock=Healing]Sir Exsixten spends a surge to top himself off.[/sblock]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=OOC] So, do we level up now? And do we need to submit the changes to someone? Or does the judges appearance in the thread cover that? Sorry, this is my first PbP game... [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]You have to send in your level two character to be approved like what you did for your first character. You can create your 2nd character right now though.

I'm not sure if pac wants us to wait to use our new level 2 powers or not.

More IC text later. [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=OOC] So, do we level up now? And do we need to submit the changes to someone? Or does the judges appearance in the thread cover that? Sorry, this is my first PbP game... [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Yup, as far as I'm concerned Ferris, Alnar, and Jezebel are all level 2 PCs as of now (or at least as soon as you get your sheet updated ;)). You need to submit your wiki sheet to the judges once you've chosen all your level 2 feats and powers, and made level adjustments to your stats, just like you did when you submitted for level 1 approval. Also, you have the option to retrain, so if you don't like how one of your powers or feats is working out, you can swap it out for another. You can start to use level 2 abilities as soon as you add them to your wiki sheet as far as I'm concerned. I'll take a look at it the first time you do so, and let you know if I see any errors.

Normally I'd ask that you do indicate surges spent during a rest, but you're actually welcome to take an extended rest here unless Ferris, Jezebel, and Alnar would like to retain the milestone and any extra action points you might have.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
The crocodile cave, now that it has been cleared out, looks to be the most defensible location should the party decide to make camp for the evening.

[sblock=reminder]Just wanted to remind Ferris and Alnar that after you take an extended rest, you gain the use of your new rituals, mentioned here: Create Holy Water for Ferris, and Unseen Servant for Alnar.[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
Ferris looks around cautiously...
"This place feels ...off... but after the day we've had I wouldn't be against beddin' down in that cave for the night... I have a feelin' that things will only become more "interesting" as we continue..."

[sblock=GM] Ok... made all my changes to the Wiki, link is in my sig if you wanna check it out. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Sir Exsixten turns to Cyr, his voice dropping half-an-octave with no discernible decrease in volume. OF COURSE GOOD CITIZEN, SIR EXSIXTEN EXISTS BUT TO SERVE AND PROTECT AND UTTERLY CRUSH THE EVILS THAT STOMP AROUND FLATTENING THE SCURRYING BUGS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY UNDER THE IRON HEEL OF MURDER AND OPPRESSION. AND IF MORE FLIGHTLESS WATER DRAGONS BE ABOUT, FEAR NOT! THEY WILL CRASH UPON THE WALL OF SIR EXSIXTEN LIKE DEMONS TEARING AT THE MURDEROUS EDGES OF REALITY, BUT FAILING.
Jezebel puts a hand to head as she senses a headache approaching. However, she soon thinks of a better plan for the warforged than to rip its voicebox out. She smiles devilishly at Sir Existen.

"Such a noble goal! How could we refuse a true hero's company? Please, do join us at least as far as the gnome that Cyr mentioned. We are investigating him for theft of the gravest kind. We may even have to fight him - a dangerous warlock - and I can think of no other artificial being I'd rather have standing in front of me to absorb said spells when we attack."

[sblock=ooc]Despite what Jezebel is saying, I'm not misremembering the gnome leader, Fizzenden.[/sblock]
The tiefling girl unstraps her shield and sits near at cave with her back to a wall. She stretches as best as she can while wearing plate armor, at least making an attempt to relax.

"For now anyone, I agree with Ferris. I need rest if I am to fight a warlock tomorrow."

[sblock=level up!]Jezebel's character sheet is updated. I decided to keep the whip, although it was very tempting to retrain it ;)
Notably, Enfeebling Strike now inflicts -3 to attack rolls instead of -2. (well, technically inflicts -1 if the target isn't marked, but I wouldn't use Enfeebling Strike in that case...)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
ohhhh Alnar groans holding his head in response to everyone welcoming the Warforge to the party. Looks, lets, lets just get some rest OK? We had a long day... almost got strangled alive and eaten and stuff... so lets decide who goes with whom in the morning OK? It is far too late to decide any of this...

Before Alnar goes to sleep he goes over to the crocs. He uses his Arcane powers to see if there is any goodies he can get from them, like he did with the plants.

[sblock=ooc]
Arcane = 12 (I messed up on the roll, it is +7)

I updated my character sheet. Please let me know if you spot any changes. I'm going to try Alnar as an emergency healer and see how that goes. (just don't call him a bard!!!) ;)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Such a noble goal! How could we refuse a true hero's company? Please, do join us at least as far as the gnome that Cyr mentioned. We are investigating him for theft of the gravest kind. We may even have to fight him - a dangerous warlock - and I can think of no other artificial being I'd rather have standing in front of me to absorb said spells when we attack."

DASTARDY WARLOCKS, GRAVE THEFT, PERFECT PERFIDITY! Sir Exsixten proclaims. I WILL INDEED STAND AS THE WALL AGAINST WHICH HE HURLS HIS DARK MAGICS, THE CASTLE OF MIGHT UNDER SIEGE BY HIS ELDRICH POWER... <Sir Exsixten paces about the cave, continuing on for 15 minutes or so> ... THE ANVIL UPON WHICH THE TOOLS OF HIS DESTRUCTION WILL BE FORGED. VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, LET US FIGHT THIS EVIL! I ACCEPT YOUR QUEST, CITIZEN, LET US BE OFF!

Sir Exsixten begins heading out into the night in no particular direction, weapon drawn, bearing proud.

Luinnar

First Post
DASTARDY WARLOCKS, GRAVE THEFT, PERFECT PERFIDITY! Sir Exsixten proclaims. I WILL INDEED STAND AS THE WALL AGAINST WHICH HE HURLS HIS DARK MAGICS, THE CASTLE OF MIGHT UNDER SIEGE BY HIS ELDRICH POWER... <Sir Exsixten paces about the cave, continuing on for 15 minutes or so> ... THE ANVIL UPON WHICH THE TOOLS OF HIS DESTRUCTION WILL BE FORGED. VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, LET US FIGHT THIS EVIL! I ACCEPT YOUR QUEST, CITIZEN, LET US BE OFF!

Sir Exsixten begins heading out into the night in no particular direction, weapon drawn, bearing proud.
NO! Says Alnar in a commanding voice. We are sleeping first. Us organic meatbags need rest. And we can't rest with your talking. So quiet down!

"Sir Exsixten! Stand down! These people had a hard day in the swamp and didn't rest in the cave as you did. Stand vigilant on the entrance to the cave and let them regain their strength."

Having dispatched noisesome knight he turns toward others
"I would like to hear more about this warlock, if you please?"

Deva maintains his calm, but those observant enough might notice he's cooling to warforged presence (and voice that comes with it) in his vicinity.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Luinnar

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases