[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

samursus

Explorer
Ferris goes into the back room after hearing his name called.

After hearing Garry's explanation of the situation, he goes over to the chest, slips his battle axe blade in between the lid and base, and pulls hard!

[sblock=Strength check: Success] 1d20+4=16 [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
At the Hanged Man

Arriving at the Hanged Man with Jezebel and Alnar, Festus the Customs guard breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh good. I heard there's lots of em adventuring types what hang about this place. Should be able to find someone as to help us wif this oni. Now we can get down to business and finish that ritu..." Festus breaks off his blathering abruptly as he sees the sorcerer and the paladin sit down at the bar to order drinks.

"What's this then? You're drinking!? What about the ritual? What about the oni? Can't just leave that thing bashin about in the office. My uncle'll kill me!"

His outburst begins to attract puzzled stares from the other tavern patrons...
We have to wait for Garris to get here with the ingredients remember? We should blend in while we are waiting so we don't draw attention. Alnar says to Festus from his seat, motioning him to sit between him and Jezebel.

[sblock=ooc]
Do I need to roll a bluff check?
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
At the Hanged Man
We have to wait for Garris to get here with the ingredients remember? We should blend in while we are waiting so we don't draw attention.
"Oh, right. Ingredients," says Festus, taking the chair that Alnar offers, "I plum forgot. This whole thing's got me jittery. Not used to demons and monsters, I'm not. Not like you adventuring types. I sure hope he gets back soon with those ingredients. My uncle's gonna kill me if that things tears the office apart. He'll say 'Festus, what in the sam hell is a demon doing in my office? I thought you was supposed to be watching it!' And what'll I tell him? Tell him I'm not much good at fighting demons, I will. 'Sides, I don't get paid enough for it no how! I'm not no adventurer. Didn't sign up to go steal piles of treasure from dragons, or chasing demons down some blasted hole..."

Festus continues rambling nervously in this vein, and though he's calmed down since his initial outburst, his nervous chatter still draws glances from further down the bar. Jezebel and Alnar hear snatches of muttered conversation that seem to indicate interest and suspicion regarding the lad and his babbling, "...customs guard?" "...Farnsworth's nephew that is..." "...oni?"

[sblock=Alnar]Nah, you don't need to roll Bluff, you can just take 10 here.[/sblock]

At the Customs Office

Using the battle-axe for leverage proves a wise idea, and Ferris is rewarded with a loud and satisfying pop as the screws to the lock's faceplate come flying out, and the door to the lockbox swings open. Crouching down to take a look inside, Ferris sees numerous small phials of powders and herbs, each bearing a label that reads "EVIDENCE" in large, red block letters, and lists various other information in smaller print.

Searching through the lockbox, the shifter also finds two small stacks of silver and gold coins, and a small metal stamp, which on further inspection proves to be the official Customs Seal!

"Great! You've got the seal," says Garry, "Now all we've got to do is get the papers and sealing wax off our friend Verloc here, and we can stamp the forms and get out of here."

[sblock="Ferris and Bann-ur"]Congrats! You've found the third item. All that remains now is to finish up in the Customs Office. Feel free to inspect or tidy up anything you like. Then you'll need to collect the unconscious Verloc and meet up with the others at the Hanged Man.[/sblock]

[sblock="New Wiki and other issues"]When you each have a chance, please port your character over to the new wiki using the instructions found in this post, so I can keep track of everyone's abilities. You can find backups of your character sheets here if you can't get the old wiki to load at all.

Also, has anyone heard from Atriden, or seen him posting on the forums? I'd hate to have to write Garry out of the adventure, but he hasn't been active here for a couple weeks.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=Inactivity]
Hi Guys
Caught up by real life issues at the moment, working overtime and studying for my final exams. Will be back soon.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post

[sblock="New Wiki and other issues"]When you each have a chance, please port your character over to the new wiki using the instructions found in this post, so I can keep track of everyone's abilities. You can find backups of your character sheets here if you can't get the old wiki to load at all.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]When I transfer the sheet over, should I go ahead and update my character like I PMed you about, or should I wait?
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bann-ur gets the papers off of Verloc to hand to Garry while asking, "What about those 'evidence' vials? We need to do anything with them?"

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]When I transfer the sheet over, should I go ahead and update my character like I PMed you about, or should I wait?[/sblock]
[sblock=Luinnar]Sure, first port your character, then go ahead and overhaul him. Make sure you save the old version first though, so the judges have something to compare it to.[/sblock]

"What about those 'evidence' vials? We need to do anything with them?"

"I don't know. Do you think they're worth taking a look at?" asks Garry.

samursus

Explorer
Ferris looks mournfully at the broken faceplate on the chest...No way to hide that someone has broken in here now....

With that thought he scoops up the 2 small stacks of silver and gold. "I think we should take the EVIDENCE if it has any value... it'll go towards making it look like a robbery. We don't want anyone figuring out what we were really here for..."

pacdidj

First Post
Ferris quickly picks up and pockets the small stacks of coins. As he picks up the second phial of 'EVIDENCE', a word on the label the label catches his eye, and he examines the object more closely.

The phial is made of clear glass stopped with a cork, and contains a small nugget of a green, herbaceous substance. Its label reads:

EVIDENCE
Date Surrendered: Starsday, the 3rd day of Netari
Vessel: Swiftcurrent Captain: Berekis Halfhand
Cargo Type: Suspected Controlled Substance
Reason for Confiscation: Captain claims cargo hold contains barrels of 'oregano,' a rare spice from Bacarte. Given his reputation, investigating officer deems it more likely to be Hazia (commonly called Starweed). Recommend detention of vessel pending review of these samples by the Alchemists' Institute.

Further searching of the lockbox reveals two more samples of evidence taken from Berekis' ship, in addition to 12 other, unrelated evidence samples. The date on the labels of those phials taken from the Swiftcurrent indicates that the samples were taken today, and likely have not yet been sent to the Alchemists' Institute for testing...

samursus

Explorer
After examining the phials, Ferris deems it best to take them all... not having any Oregano on him to make a switcharoo, hoping that ALL of the EVIDENCE "contributors" would be suspect. Ferris growls to the others.."Unless you guys can think of anything else, I suggest we vacate soon... have you got them papers fixed yet?"

Remove ads